How many calories will 2 hours of exercise burn?

Willowniven

Hi lovlies!:)
Just wondering how many calories will be burnt by doing 2 hours a day on my walking machine (like a cross trainer but not):rolleyes:
I am being really good and stepping up my exercise a notch!!

anyone know approx how many it will burn?
Thanks lovies!

2 hours a day sounds a bit unrealistic to do everyday, I'd get bored silly and you'll get better results if you vary the exercise you do. What other facilities do you have in your area? Gym, classes, park to walk or jog in?

well I live in the country and dont drive so couldnt go to the gym..( hubby works and comes home late so wouldnt have the time to go) as well as having 4 small children.

I actually enjoy doing it for 2 hours and starting to feel the weight come off already!:eek:

I have a walking machine and a vibration plate and some exercise dvds
I do my machine while watching downsize me.. gives me motivation.. and the time does go quick!!

The number of calories you burn depends upon your weight, the activity your are doing and the intensity level you are exercising at. Any activity that you perform can be done at a variety of intensity levels. If you exercise at a higher intensity level, you will be working harder, expending more energy and burning more calories than someone who is not working quite so hard.
If you work at a more intense level you will burn more calories.
General calorie burned during normal intensity exercise is given below.

If step height is 4 inches 4.5 calories/min, 6 inches 5.5 calories/min, 8 inches 6.4 calories/min, 10 inches 7.2 calories/min will be burned.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2 hours is quite hefty, good on you if you can keep it up... like others have said, it will depend on intensity, etc, but if i were to take a punt, about 400-500 calories

I reckon 400-500, maybe more, depending on your weight and how fast you walk or if it has an incline. I don't think it's unrealistic for everyone, I could certainly exercise that much and did do before I was pregnant last time, I will be building back up to that again now that he's 6 months old. Get some good tunes on or a good film and the time will whizz by. Good for you!

Depending on your weight/height/speed etc it will vary a lot. Does the machine have a milometer? A very basic rule of thumb is that you burn 100cals per mile on your feet - walking or running makes barely any difference - so working at a steady 3mph you would be burning approaching 600cals.

Back