How many DD etc

Mstempt

Hi all, I started this plan yest with the intent on doing alternate days all the way through, after posting a comment and reading what other people do does anyone else do it this way or do most people do 3 DD, 3 UD and 1 ID, I've just orderd the book but not gonna be here for another couple of weeks so any advice would be good x

Hi Mstempt! I think quite a few people do 4 UDs & 2 DDs - that way you can have 2 DDs at the weekend :) I'd prob recommend starting like that, & then if you think your losses are too slow then switch one of the UDs to an ID or go to proper alternate days.

I think the good think about this diet is it's quite flexible so you can experiment & find what works best for you.

Good luck!!

A lot of people, myself included do Mon/Wed/Fri as Down Days..Tues/Thurs as Up Days..and this leaves the weekend to choose between Inbetween Days or Up days to make it feel less like a diet. The choice is yours..Good Luck!!

emmster said:
Hi Mstempt! I think quite a few people do 4 UDs & 2 DDs - that way you can have 2 DDs at the weekend :) I'd prob recommend starting like that, & then if you think your losses are too slow then switch one of the UDs to an ID or go to proper alternate days.

I think the good think about this diet is it's quite flexible so you can experiment & find what works best for you.

Good luck!!

Do u mean 2 UD at weekend? X

Do u mean 2 UD at weekend? X

Yes a lot of people do two UD's at the weekend..and yes also to your earlier question, a few do alternate days including at the weekend, which is great if you think you can..but I personally have a lot to lose & want a plan I can do for over a year without losing commitment. Having the weekends of gives me the best of both worlds!

Hi good advice from Jilly, most of us actually do 3 DD 4 UP days DD sbeing MWF and UPs being t,th sat+Sun you can of course do alternate and some here do. To be honest the success of this diet is attributed in part to its longevity, as jilly says if you have a lot to lose you are better off doing 3 DD , you are less likely to get diet fatigue and this means you won't fall off the wagon. I am on week 19 have had every weekend off since I started and have no intention of ever leaving it, I have no need to want to get off this diet as I have normal weekends with my family and never miss any foods as they are not far away, But juddd is a very individual diet and you may want to do strict alternates and that is entirely up to you, do whatever you feel more comfortable with x

Bajoleth - that makes so much sense. I feel full of positivity about this plan and feeling I could keep going with it. I'm always hankering after something that I think I can't have on other plans, Carbs/fat/puddings! and this feels incredibly liberating!

Love it :) (says she who has completed one fasting day) lol

bajoleth said:
Hi good advice from Jilly, most of us actually do 3 DD 4 UP days DD sbeing MWF and UPs being t,th sat+Sun you can of course do alternate and some here do. To be honest the success of this diet is attributed in part to its longevity, as jilly says if you have a lot to lose you are better off doing 3 DD , you are less likely to get diet fatigue and this means you won't fall off the wagon. I am on week 19 have had every weekend off since I started and have no intention of ever leaving it, I have no need to want to get off this diet as I have normal weekends with my family and never miss any foods as they are not far away, But juddd is a very individual diet and you may want to do strict alternates and that is entirely up to you, do whatever you feel more comfortable with x

Hi, so do u do the 500/2000, also how much have u lost? Also on a DD are u supposed to low carb, for my tea I'm having mushrooms and toms fried in fry light on nimble toast, is that ok? X

On your DD you can eat anything you want as long as you stick to the calorie allowance :) you can spread it over the day or have it all at once- up to you!

Hi, so do u do the 500/2000, also how much have u lost? Also on a DD are u supposed to low carb, for my tea I'm having mushrooms and toms fried in fry light on nimble toast, is that ok? X
Hi I always stick to under 500 and I eat freely on my UP days usually average 2300 on weekdays and more on weekends my weightloss has been slow but steady I came straight from s+s after losing 13lbs so didn't get the big 1st week number but have lost 19lbs in the last 18 weeks, the biggest loss though has been to my figure I have lost inches and bulk far faster than on any other diet, thats due to the fact that you lose fat on juddd not water or muscle therefore you will see a difference quicker than on other diets, it really is a life changing diet when you embrace the plan x
Doesn't matter what you use your cals on x

I go into ketosis very quickly and have to eat something carbohydratey or else I'm getting a keto migraine by the end of the day! So most of my DD's are spent on carby things like crackers and toast :p Nimble is fabby for down days.

You soon find yourself into a routine of what suits you for your ups and downs, but the point is it really is up to you, just as long as you stick to the down day calories

Back