how many people have pcos and have already had children???

gemmybean

I hope you don't mind just being a bit nosey. I'm so worried about being diagnosed with pcos as I know it's going to cause problems on the trying to conceive front. We've already been trying for 6mths.

I have pcos and I have had a baby. I had to lose weight in order to conceive and luckily managed to without any medication. I have put a lot of weight on and now can't conceive so for me conception is effected by my weight! But I guess everyone is different! I hope you succeed soon! oh and I found ovulation sticks very helpfull!

Hi gemmybean. I have pcos and 2 children. Well before I was actually thinking about having a baby my doctor said to me not to bother trying to conceive without assistance. So when we were ready to start trying I went to the drs and was prescribed Clomid for 6 months and was told if that didn't work then we would need to look into other things. After 6 months I still wasn't pregnant but my doctor said to try one more month and then I fell pregnant with my daughter. A few years later I had 6 months clomid again and the 6th month worked and I had my little boy in 2007. That story sounds so straight forward but it wasn't! It was a really hard time, full of disappointment and worry and stresses. It was made harder as my sister and lots of friends all seemed not to have any problems in falling pregnant. But we got there in the end, I have been very blessed to have 2 children that I didn't dream I would be able to have. Good luck to you....

I have 2 children. Not sure if I had pcos when I had them or if it came later. But I suspect I had pcos because I've always had really irregular and bad periods.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have 8 children all concieved naturally and also have PCOS which has caused me a weight problem. Good luck and don't lose heart. X

I have pcos and clomid worked twice for me but I miscarried early in both pregs I then lost 8stone and had ivf and had my little 14mth old girl x

I have PCOS and had to have one of my ovaries removed due to a large cyst formation. I thought that I would never be able to have children, but after I slimmed down to 13 stone (was at 20st 7lb) my partner and I decided to try to conceive as I thought we would need to have been trying for a while naturally before we had any help.

Surprisingly I caught within the first few months. So don't worry, if you keep trying i'm sure you will get there in the end.

After putting all my weight back on after having the baby Im back to losing it if I want another one.....here goes :)

Oh lovey don't worry. I was diagnosed with pcos in my early 20s but must have had it years before as I'd had some of the symptoms from way before then. I already had 2 boys but wanted more children and I've managed to have lots more!!!! I cannot emphaise how important a balanced diet as is exercising regularly AND being relaxed. I know so many women who suffer with it yet have gone on to have children.

I have three children and was recently diagnosed with PCOS - I think I've had it for many years, I've always had irregular periods and struggled with my weight.

Don't worry in the slightest about trying for 6 months, by the way. It will happen when your body is ready. :)

I have had PCOS since I was 16. We tried for a baby when I was 28 and caught straight away. We've been trying for no. 2 for 9 months and still nothing. I totally understand your worry but try and stay positive and relaxed. Think I may need to try my own advise! x

I have 2 children and didnt know about PCOS until after my first, although it took 3 years to fall with each of them and I agree with Skinnymum each time I followed a No sugar diet and cut out the carbs. I dont want more kids, but putting that into place with exercise and I'm now seeing the pounds shift.

weight.png

I have pcos and concieved my two daughters by accident. Which was quite a nice surprise after being told I was infertile. Both pregnancys happened within a few weeks of me losing weight on a low carb diet, so I agree with bigburd and skinny mum. It worked for me too! So don't worry, it can be done x

I have pcos I get 2 periods a year and had my baby 9 weeks ago. It was a pleasant surprise, I was told it would be very difficult without medical help. But it happened! I know a lot of people who have a similar story.

I have pcos & have had 2 children naturally, both times after dieting for a couple of months x

Back