1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

How many syns do you use a day / week

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Croc, 28 February 2012 Social URL.

1. Croc

Croc Well-Known Member

Just trying to get a feeling of how many you all use? Some people always use 15 per day or 105 a week, others I know feel safer at 5-10 average per day. So??? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Rach*B

Rach*B Well-Known Member

I don't tend to use very many, when I start an actual meal plan, I might work them into meals a bit better?? x

4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

The correct way is to use between 5 and 15 a day. Some people find that counting down works for them. If you use the search, this has been asked several times recently, so the answers there may help you :)

5. spudnik

spudnik Well-Known Member

When I first started i was like im going to stick to 10, i was having 6-7 a day, a few weeks in i thought i really want some choc so i had the full 15 and then again all that week i had closer to 15 and actually had a better loss, so ive stuck to having 15 if i want them, yesterday i had 13. i incorporate mine into my meals if i need them but i do like to save them if poss for a treat at night like bag of crisp or choc it stops me wanting to binge if i have them daily, tonight im having toad in the hole so i will be synning 4.5 for a spoon of flour for the batter which still leaves enough left over to have a treat and maybe use some mayo in my lunch if i have a salad, i have 6 stone to lose nearly lost the first stone :D so when i find i stop losing or sts i can lower my syns then for a boost.

6. pickpockette

pickpockette Active Member

I'm trying to stick to 8-13 a day so that i'm not feeling hard done by :)

7. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

I think there was a post like this last week, have a look as there may be some useful info there.

I was always encouraged to use mine daily. I try to use at least 10 but I won't use them if I'm not hungry (which usually is not the case!). I like to have a Fibre Plus bar everyday which is 6 already.

I tend to graze during the day, I always choose superfree but if I'm really peckish or fancying it I'll use syns, so I prefer to eat my syns as snacks, rather than use them in a meal. Everyone's different. Find what works for you & how you like to use them.

8. ScarlettStar86

ScarlettStar86 Well-Known Member

I try and stick to my 5-15 per day, but as I count mine from Mon-sun on a Friday after work I add up what I've used so far, and see what's left from 105 (15 x 7) then I can go over by having a couple of drinks or a takeaway without feeling guilty this doesn't work for evetyone though, its all about trial and error I think x

9. Ally89

Ally89 Well-Known Member

I tend to use up to 15 a day. Most of the time i use around 12-14, but some days i'll only use 8 or 9. I try to stick around 12 though.

10. LittleFlutterby

LittleFlutterby Fluffy lil flutterby :)

I try to have less than 8 a day- just from habit really. 5-8 is usually my average amount.

I don't save them, I used to a bit, but now I don't really need to. What I *do* do though, is if I have my treat for getting into the next stone bracket (like pizza or something) I stick to the minimum syns for the rest of the week- but I don't really count my treat- since its not that often ;)

11. I tend to mostly have syn free days during the week. If I do have syns it tends to be within a meal, mostly quorn things. Then I work out what's left, take away 10 for my chicken jalfrezi and boiled rice on Saturdays and then go to the pub.

With my weigh in day being Monday, I have to stick within my syns when I go out on a Friday. And I never have any treats on my weigh day. Friday nights are for that :)

12. stivesliz

stivesliz Well-Known Member

My consultant says that syns are a vital part of the plan and weeks I have cut back I definitely haven't lost as much.
    I have ( at least ) 15 syns a day. x

13. kimmie2709

kimmie2709 Well-Known Member

I'm really struggling to have syns this week! The most I've had is 1/2 syn which was chewing gum. I'm just not hungry after free food and feel if I have syns it means forcing them in me so I don't. I'm not craving for them either. Hope it dsnt effect my weight loss :eek:(

14. Jaq

Jaq Well-Known Member

I'm quite changeable. Sometimes I use my full allocation, sometimes I'll have 5. It depends on how my cravings are doing. Most of the itme it's nearer 15 though!

15. samjay123

samjay123 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could have a take away or something nice on the weekend if you fancy it :)

16. Hayley3012

Hayley3012 Active Member

Omg chewing gum is syns *BANG HEAD ON WALL* I'm have an issue with this lol
    I didn't know this and its constantly in my mouth, even sugar free?

17. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Well-Known Member

Why don't you use your syns in your meals? Maybe use olive oil instead of fry light? Or add some full fat mayo, or drink a glass of milk?

18. stivesliz

stivesliz Well-Known Member

I seriously wouldn't bother counting chewing gum lol. It uses more calories to chew it than are in it so keep chewing! x

19. Hayley3012

Hayley3012 Active Member

My weight loss has been going really well, I've done just over a stone and a half since early Jan so I wouldn't change anything now, but you can't help but be shocked by the sneaky slient syns. Will rethink the gum if the weight loss changes. I do usually use pretty much all 15 or very close to

20. kimmie2709

kimmie2709 Well-Known Member

Well I've planned a take away in on Fri but ill still make sure I don't go above 15 that day...will stick a hot choc in before bed most nites aswell to help lol I'm sure ill sort it out some how....if only I could still get my hands on those white kitkat chunkys lol

21. x-lizbif-x

x-lizbif-x Well-Known Member

I average out at about 7 Syns a Day :)