How many syns do you use a day / week

I tend to use between 8 - 15 a day.
I don't often use them within meals, as I don't like sauces of any description so I don't have to waste them on mayo etc
Tend to use for a low syn biscuit / cake like the Ww ones approx 4-4.5 syns and 4 syn crisps

I tend to vary mine throughout the week. Good days I need less treats and on bad days I need the flexibility of having all 15 If it is a really bad day I would go as far as 20. I suppose it averages out throughout the week.

I mostly use my sins with meals, on extra cereal, sauces etc and prefer to snack on fruit, so use between 5-10 most days. But I don't worry if I use 15 or so on the odd day as long as it doesn't average more than 15 a day over the week (105 or 7x15).

well i was using under 5 syns a day...and i lost 2lb this week so i dont think ill be forcing them down me if i dont want them as it dsnt seem to be effecting my weight loss not having them

Hayley3012 said:
Omg chewing gum is syns *BANG HEAD ON WALL* I'm have an issue with this lol
I didn't know this and its constantly in my mouth, even sugar free?

It's 0.5 syns for 5 pieces. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I use 10 syns on Monday to Thursday and 15 syns on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes on Sunday's I use 10 syns though.

well i was using under 5 syns a day...and i lost 2lb this week so i dont think ill be forcing them down me if i dont want them as it dsnt seem to be effecting my weight loss not having them

I don't think it matters as long as you are satisfied with what you are eating.

Syns are there so we don't deprive ourselves and then wig out and have a binge on what we've been missing.

Some days i can only manage a few, 1 day this week iv'e only used 2. Yesterday i used 9 so i aint sure if it will effect my weight loss will see on wed. Trial & error i think, if i dont loose much will make sure i use them all next week & see how i get on that week.
Amy x

I usually let myself have up to 15. I find that psychologically it works well for me to have treats, within reason, as it means I don't feel at all deprived. Might try and aim to have less as I get nearer my target weight though.

I usually have 15. I never restrict my self I just see what Happens through our the day. always have minimum of 10 and it's working for me with 1lb-3lb losses each week x x

Has anyone found their weight loss increases when dropping from 15 syns to 5 or 10? Mine's going slower than I'd like, so I might try this out for a week and see if it works.

Has anyone found their weight loss increases when dropping from 15 syns to 5 or 10? Mine's going slower than I'd like, so I might try this out for a week and see if it works.

That only equates to 100 calories if you drop from 15 Syns to 5 Syns.......personally I wouldn't deprive myself, but thats my humble opinion :)

Yeah that's true, but I generally stuff myself with free food throughout the day- plenty of pasta, veggies, potatoes, etc. Then I tend to use the syns for things that I wouldn't have even thought to eat before I started on SW. i.e. crisps and chocolate. ;-) I never go hungry!

Yeah that's true, but I generally stuff myself with free food throughout the day- plenty of pasta, veggies, potatoes, etc. Then I tend to use the syns for things that I wouldn't have even thought to eat before I started on SW. i.e. crisps and chocolate. ;-) I never go hungry!

You may notice an increase in your losses if you snack on superfree rather than free foods throughout the day, as advocated by SW.....just a thought :)

I'm a syn saver and tend to use some if not most on a weekend i don't binge and it works for me, however this is not always advised by consultants and other members :)

Like Little Miss Determined, I save my syns too. I know it's probably not advocated, but I like wine twice a week - use up at least 30 syns on wine night! Tend to snack on superfree, but also always have cooked chicken in the fridge to pick on as well if I fancy a change from fruit and veg.

I don’t want this to come over as all holier than though, so I’m saying outright – this is just something to think about, not me trying to lay down the SW law with you all .

Why do you think you need to loose some weight? What are the reasons why you are here , on this site, looking for support in that endeavour.

Is it because you ate too much takeaway? Did you not exercise enough, Do you have a pathological hatred of fruit & vegetables. Did you drink a bit too much wine, or eat a bit too much chocolate?

So, for me, the reasons were. I ate too much takeaway, I drank too much wine, and I ate too much chocolate. I have made a conscious decision to not do these 3 things as otherwise, when I do get to my goal weight I will struggle to stay there. Put simply, I have finally got my head round the fact I cannot abuse my body and look & feel well .

So bearing the above in mind, is it really the most wise thing to justify saving your syns for 2 bottles or wine, or a massive Chinese take away EVERY WEEK? I am not saying never do it. I’m saying building it into your plan does not seem like the most sensible thing in the world if you intend to get to target and stay there.

If you see anyone who has been successful on here, (Madamelaminx, Ermintrude are 2 great examples) they have generally revolutionised their approach to food. They cook things they didn’t cook before. They cook full stop. They don’t think it’s okay to eat their own body weight in over processed fat laden rubbish every weekend because ‘they enjoy a treat’. They still enjoy a treat, they have just revaluated what they consider a treat to be.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a sermon which was not my intention at all, but it is something to think about.

It’s your journey, get there how you choose- just be prepared to repeat it endlessly unless you change SOMETHING

I don’t want this to come over as all holier than though, so I’m saying outright – this is just something to think about, not me trying to lay down the SW law with you all .

Why do you think you need to loose some weight? What are the reasons why you are here , on this site, looking for support in that endeavour.

Is it because you ate too much takeaway? Did you not exercise enough, Do you have a pathological hatred of fruit & vegetables. Did you drink a bit too much wine, or eat a bit too much chocolate?

So, for me, the reasons were. I ate too much takeaway, I drank too much wine, and I ate too much chocolate. I have made a conscious decision to not do these 3 things as otherwise, when I do get to my goal weight I will struggle to stay there. Put simply, I have finally got my head round the fact I cannot abuse my body and look & feel well .

So bearing the above in mind, is it really the most wise thing to justify saving your syns for 2 bottles or wine, or a massive Chinese take away EVERY WEEK? I am not saying never do it. I’m saying building it into your plan does not seem like the most sensible thing in the world if you intend to get to target and stay there.

If you see anyone who has been successful on here, (Madamelaminx, Ermintrude are 2 great examples) they have generally revolutionised their approach to food. They cook things they didn’t cook before. They cook full stop. They don’t think it’s okay to eat their own body weight in over processed fat laden rubbish every weekend because ‘they enjoy a treat’. They still enjoy a treat, they have just revaluated what they consider a treat to be.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a sermon which was not my intention at all, but it is something to think about.

It’s your journey, get there how you choose- just be prepared to repeat it endlessly unless you change SOMETHING

Well said and i agree, its just saving my syns works for me so I'll stick to that, but very well said and true :)

Back