How many syns do you use a day / week

kingleds said:
I don’t want this to come over as all holier than though, so I’m saying outright – this is just something to think about, not me trying to lay down the SW law with you all .

Why do you think you need to loose some weight? What are the reasons why you are here , on this site, looking for support in that endeavour.

Is it because you ate too much takeaway? Did you not exercise enough, Do you have a pathological hatred of fruit & vegetables. Did you drink a bit too much wine, or eat a bit too much chocolate?

So, for me, the reasons were. I ate too much takeaway, I drank too much wine, and I ate too much chocolate. I have made a conscious decision to not do these 3 things as otherwise, when I do get to my goal weight I will struggle to stay there. Put simply, I have finally got my head round the fact I cannot abuse my body and look & feel well .

So bearing the above in mind, is it really the most wise thing to justify saving your syns for 2 bottles or wine, or a massive Chinese take away EVERY WEEK? I am not saying never do it. I’m saying building it into your plan does not seem like the most sensible thing in the world if you intend to get to target and stay there.

If you see anyone who has been successful on here, (Madamelaminx, Ermintrude are 2 great examples) they have generally revolutionised their approach to food. They cook things they didn’t cook before. They cook full stop. They don’t think it’s okay to eat their own body weight in over processed fat laden rubbish every weekend because ‘they enjoy a treat’. They still enjoy a treat, they have just revaluated what they consider a treat to be.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a sermon which was not my intention at all, but it is something to think about.

It’s your journey, get there how you choose- just be prepared to repeat it endlessly unless you change SOMETHING

Spot on!!!! Excellent post!!

I tend to 'Flexi Syn' if I need to say for a birthday meal rather then save up my syns for a weekly binge, even if we have a take away I *normally* make it within my syns i.e. chicken chow mein or a small chicken shish kebab with salad & take off the pitta.

As put on my SW mug I won in the raffle

'the biggest lie we tell ourselves in the world of slimming is 'that little bit won't matter'

That and the tale of Ivy Beensogood.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I never go over 105 syns a week. What I choose to do with them is my business. My meals are INCREDIBLY healthy and I'm fitting the SW plan to my lifestyle. Should have clarified that the 30 syns aren't spent on wine alone, although if it did, so what? And you did come over 'holier than thou'. Other members have done amazingly well. But they don't live MY life, share MY friends, or have MY interests. Some people use their syns on gravy, sauces, chocolate, cake. Some have syn free days and use a lot of syns once or twice a week. Some have a flexi days and some are rigidly having 5-15 syns every day. I'm doing this within SW guidelines and I AM losing weight too. This really is the final straw. My relationship with minimims (and therefore certain members) is over.

shoegirl said:
I never go over 105 syns a week. What I choose to do with them is my business. My meals are INCREDIBLY healthy and I'm fitting the SW plan to my lifestyle. Should have clarified that the 30 syns aren't spent on wine alone, although if it did, so what? And you did come over 'holier than thou'. Other members have done amazingly well. But they don't live MY life, share MY friends, or have MY interests. Some people use their syns on gravy, sauces, chocolate, cake. Some have syn free days and use a lot of syns once or twice a week. Some have a flexi days and some are rigidly having 5-15 syns every day. I'm doing this within SW guidelines and I AM losing weight too. This really is the final straw. My relationship with minimims (and therefore certain members) is over.

oooooh someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning!!! :)

Kingleds you DID NOT come across as holier than thou!!!

shoegirl said:

I'm sorry you felt like that. I didn't mean to upset you I was just sharing what I do to try and help :(

Lozzie Stardust said:
I'm sorry you felt like that. I didn't mean to upset you I was just sharing what I do to try and help :(

You didn't say anything wrong at all so you shouldn't be apologising for saying how you do things!!! :)

shoegirl said:

Sorry but I think you've completely over reacted to kinglets post. She made some excellent points in her post

I don't think it warranted this reaction

I'm in a little bit of shock lol tis the power/downfall of the interwebs.

I personally don't have the self control to save up. I'd much rather just have it every now and again via flexi syns and accept a sts then go on as normal afterwards otherwise my body craves it (I'm not an alcoholic... Yet ;) ) Or factor it in to my syns/try to eat out within plan.

But that's just me. I have on avg. 11-14syns so I can factor in 'One Large Wednesday' but that will be my one treat.

Does that make sense?

I'm in a little bit of shock lol tis the power/downfall of the interwebs.

I personally don't have the self control to save up. I'd much rather just have it every now and again via flexi syns and accept a sts then go on as normal afterwards otherwise my body craves it (I'm not an alcoholic... Yet ;) ) Or factor it in to my syns/try to eat out within plan.

But that's just me. I have on avg. 11-14syns so I can factor in 'One Large Wednesday' but that will be my one treat.

Does that make sense?

aww you'll never be able to keep everyone happy on here!! :rolleyes:

what you're doing is perfectly fine and yes it makes sense!! :)

Sorry but I think you've completely over reacted to kinglets post. She made some excellent points in her post

I don't think it warranted this reaction

Yet another 'ticking off.' My response was based on a backdrop of the tone of this site over the past few days. Have sent an email. This is why I RARELY post on this site. Will be deleting this account very shortly.

shoegirl said:
Yet another 'ticking off.' My response was based on a backdrop of the tone of this site over the past few days. Have sent an email. This is why I RARELY post on this site. Will be deleting this account very shortly.

I really don't think that was a 'ticking off'
As someone said on a previous thread, some people appear to be getting a little over sensitive towards people trying to help, and do need to maybe ease up a little on the ranting-we're all in this together

Welshtigger said:
I really don't think that was a 'ticking off'
As someone said on a previous thread, some people appear to be getting a little over sensitive towards people trying to help, and do need to maybe ease up a little on the ranting-we're all in this together

You made me wanna jump up and sing the high school musical song...........we're all in this together....... lol

vanilla_cupcake said:
You made me wanna jump up and sing the high school musical song...........we're all in this together....... lol

Wild cats, everywhere, wave your hands up in the air. :) (yes, I am trying to distract. Hehe.)

dreamslim said:
Wild cats, everywhere, wave your hands up in the air. :) (yes, I am trying to distract. Hehe.)

lol. I'm not a HSM fan that's the only words of the song I know but I'm standing here cooking spag bol and I can't stop singing it now lol

vanilla_cupcake said:
lol. I'm not a HSM fan that's the only words of the song I know but I'm standing here cooking spag bol and I can't stop singing it now lol

Haha, I'm not a hsm fan either.......honest? :):):)

Back