Extra Easy how many takeways can you have a week

Rosie16

Please could someone tell me if it's alright to have two Chinese takeaways in one week very occasionally. And still lose weight. I usually have chicken &mushrooms with noodles. I have often wondered this and would b grateful if anyone knows the answer.

As long as its within your syns then you'll still be able to lose :) x

I love that on sw we can still have takeaways!

Thank you for that. now sitting outside Chinese shop. Really great doesn't happen very often. But its nice to know

Last edited:
From SW online

"Chinese cuisine provides loads of meaty choices!
Tuck into a 160g serving of spare ribs (about 4 ribs) for 8½ Syns on Extra Easy or Original, or for just 4½ Syns* enjoy beef with mushrooms.
There are chicken dishes galore with chicken in oyster sauce at 4½ Syns*, chicken and black bean sauce (5 Syns*) chicken and mushrooms (5½ Syns*).
If you fancy rice with your dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns on Original and Free on Extra Easy!

Rice and noodle dishes make excellent Green options. A serving of chicken chop suey with noodles is a fab 5½ Syns* on Green or Extra Easy, while chicken chow mein is 7 Syns*. For a veggie option, stir-fried mixed vegetables are a sound 6½ Syns*.

Top up with loads of Free boiled rice for a Chinese banquet! "

As long as it's within your syns, enjoy!!

As long as it's in your syns then go for it! One thing I have noticed though, some meals from take aways can have a high sodium content which can cause some people to retain water. So maybe time it so your weigh in isn't the next day, or make sure you drink plenty of water the next day to help with water retention. You don't want to think the take away has caused you to gain weight and throw you off track if it's just water retention from sodium.

I have a chinese once a week on weigh night :) as a treat.. If I've lost obviously not gained haha

Its worth checking portion sizes though as sometimes the syns are higher as different restaurants have different servings sizes but as long as its within your syns theres no reason why not!

I was just about to say the exact same thing! You need to make sure you're weighing your takeaways to make sure you have allocated the correct amount of Syns. For example, I usually have a takeaway on a Tuesday night after WI (within my Syns). I'll have 350g chicken jalfrezi from the indian (8.5 Syns) with boiled rice and salad. Portion sizes / Syns vary depending on what you get and where from, so always better to be safe than sorry :)

I have a chinese once a week (usually WI day) but always syn it (i know a few people don't and class it as a treat but i always feel guilty if i don't:eek:)
As the others have said though, the takeaway sizes can be much bigger than the ones in the books! I have chicken in black bean sauce which is 5 syns but I always say 9/10 to be sure. Enjoy! Xx

Back