How many times is too many??

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Maybe a bonkers question but here goes.. How many times can one re-start before it just gets silly..?

This is probably my 6th or 7th re-start today, Since I lost 4 stones at the end of last year.. I've put 2 stones back on and I am off on holiday in a little over a month and am absolutely despertate to shift some of that weight.. I lose fast so know I can lose at least 20lbs in that time.

Have any of you had multiple re-sarts and had success or are some of us destined to yo-yo forever!!???

Good luck Diet4-40, I'm restarting also today after a break, I had problems with the CDC I had chosen, so gone back to the CDC I had last year. I've told myself this is the last chance restart, I've 2 1/2 stone to loose so hopefully that's not to daunting a task to do.

Thanks myrtle and tracie, it is about head space i know and i do feel determined this time, lets keep each other motivated..

We can do it!

Thanks myrtle and tracie, it is about head space i know and i do feel determined this time, lets keep each other motivated..

We can do it!

Hi Hun Well done for getting back on the wagon, however i just wanted to say will you be carrying it on whislt on holiday ?? -

because i feel if not going to have to have another re-start and when you know your coming off the diet before you have reached target i think it's harder to stay motivated to do it - if that makes sense,

i do wish you luck but as it's just so hard to keep restarting it gets harder each time,

i know you want to lose weight before your holiday if it was me i would just carb control before going away and then when i was back hit it 100% ..till at goal

Wannabex

I have re started about 3 times but this time I mean it. You're heads got to be in the right to do this diet. You can mess on and on but one day it will just click - and you'll do it. Hopefully this time. Good luck

Use those times before as tools to keep you going this time. Try and use them as motivation. And maybe sit down and look at where it went wrong in the past, what it was that caused you to stumble. Then you can come up with plans of how to avoid or combat them. That way maybe you'll be more prepared and get passed them this time :)

I'm on another re start. Tried on ww & didn't lose anythng! So am back on cd to get the last few lbs off..... Am sick to death of it tbh, but it does give great results!

I was a serial restarter- took me multiple attempts but this time have been 100% for almost a month.

Those failed restarts are really heartbreaking and demoralising but sometimes you have to take a step back and understand the decisions you have made, and why.

Try looking at it as you haven't failed at a restart- you made a decision to eat some food. If you can stop the food item becoming a full blown binge, I think you can start to reason with yourself and make a different decision to have 3 shakes a day instead.

When I started to take this approach instead of "drama/doom, gloom, I'm a failure", I managed to keep to SS, 100%, and as you know once those 2/3 days passed and you are in ketosis it is much easier.

Good luck with your diet,

Thanks everyone for your input, you're such an inspirational lot!!!

Really agree with Wannabesize10 about having the holiday in the middle so have decided to 810 it until my holiday..

Will keep you all posted on my progress :)

Thanks again xx

Thanks everyone for your input, you're such an inspirational lot!!!

Really agree with Wannabesize10 about having the holiday in the middle so have decided to 810 it until my holiday..

Will keep you all posted on my progress :)

Thanks again xx

Really pleased hun .. as it's so hard to keep going when you know your having a break, stick with 810, have a great holiday when you get back we will be here keeping you on tract ... you can do this you did 4 stone before but the next time you SS you have to think your doing it till target ...no stopping xx

Thanks love :)

You've got a great attitude!!

Had a choc shake, 1.5 litres of water and a bar so far.. got chicken and broccolli for dinner.. feeling very postitive, will be interested to see what the losses are like on 810.

I have been on and off CD for the last 2 years, having lost 3 stone first time around I put 4 back on through family bereavement and other problems. I have tried so many times to get back into it but never made it, however this time I am more focussed and nearly at the end of my 2nd week of total S/S, I have no intentions of failing this time, my head is in the right place. I dont know why it took so long to get back here but its history as I am here now.

Hi honey and honeys!!

I'm on restart about 7!! (i think!) Its astruggle but this time Ive gotto day 9,albeit with the odd nibble but have lost 6lb so thats motivating. Just has to be right time for head. Cant turn back time and hindsight is a wonderful thing but hey lets try for the here and now and look to the future. Good Luck! xx

Back