How many weeks?

vikstar

Silver Member
Just wondering how many weeks it was before you guys first lost your inspiration, of at all. I'm really struggling this week. It's approaching star week and I just can't seem to get back on track properly. I thin having Christmas shortly after I started didn't help!

What can I do? help!!! Xxx

I have never lost my inspiration since I re-joined SW. I am as inspired as I was on day one.
My suggestion is to have a real think of why you joined SW and visualise yourself at the weight you want to be. Every time you want to eat junk, just think of yourself being slim. If you fall off the wagon, and stay off you won't be slim! Being slim feels a whole lot better than any taste of chocolate, or junk food, and the pleasure of food only lasts for minutes. Being slim lasts a lifetime, if you make right choices.
It's not difficult but you need to get your head right. I know, I have fallen off the wagon, and stayed off so many times in my life until I gave myself a good talking to. Now I find it easy to stay this way!
Good luck. You can do it

Its been 10 weeks since joined SW and I'm continually inspired. Like Sonia said, try to visualise yourself at your ideal weight and feel how it would feel to be light and tight! What really inspires me is cooking. I'm passionate about food and cooking so I always prowl websites and cookbooks looking for delicious recipes to try. A lady in my group does this at the start of every week and selects 7 gorgeous dinners to make, which in itself is pretty exciting and would keep you from being bored. You could use SW cookbooks or regular ones with a few tweaks to make the recipes SW friendly.

I'm on a soup mission at the moment and I want to try a whole bunch! I'm planning on cooking 2 or 3 varieties in the week and freeze for my lunch everyday!

Another thing you could do is try on your old clothes. NOTHING motivates more than feeling how baggy your old clothes are now! :D

I agree with the others...you need to find something that will make you realise just how far you have come, even if its looking at old photos of yourself.
There are days when I think about the hastle of having to plan meals for the following day, but then I think...well Ive come this far and lost so much weight, do I really want to gain it all, just because I cant be bothered to prepare a salad etc??

If I feel myself wavering, I come on here and have a read through people's food diaries, or read about other people's weight losses, and it can be pretty inspiring! Definitely works to keep me on track! :D

my third week when i stayed the same after two good losses on the first 2 weeks. . its easy to lose motivation, but it doesnt just get handed to you, you'v gotta take those weeks, and learn from them. Figure out what it is that really gets you going, excited.. motivated to do it. Then remember these when you next find yourself in one of those weeks.. we all get them, its about finding it within yourself to carry on.. cause you know in the end its so worth it, if i had stopped in that 3rd week.. i wouldnt be at target now..

((hugs)) xx

I agree with Fern.
I stayed the same for TWO weeks after a four pound loss in my first week. It was frustrating as I stuck to plan 100% but I was so inspired to carry on as I know SW works. If I had not, I would have been back to square one, which is where I never want to be ever again!

Thank you so much for all the advice. Really appreciate it all. I think I'm just letting the stress of work get to me and that would normally make me turn to food. Right...I'm going to sort myslf out. Thank you xxx

Thank you :)

I think the fact that we haven't done a proper shop this week hasn't helped either. I've not had any yogurts in the house and I usually have one a day at least.

X

Back