How much ar you taking?

fit-by-30

will not be fat and 30
My doctor said to take one pill 3 times a day and on the 4th day start taking two pills 3 times a day and on the 8th day I can take 3 with every meal if I want to.

But she didn't give me enough to do this. There is enough tablets to take one 3 times as is printed on the label.

I was just curios as to what others are taking as it doesn't seem right to me. If I'm sticking to the rules then surely taking 2 pills would mean blocking 60 % of the fat in my meals? and 90% if I did take the 3.... is that how it would work?:confused:

Should I see another gp at the practice to double check? I need to go in and ask for more if I follow her directions anyway.

i think i would double check with that hun, ive never heard of taking more than 3 a day, the body needs some fat and like u said if u took 3 per meal thats 90% of fat not being absorbed per meal?

be careful xx

I would check chick. But I'm pretty sure if you go on the xenical website, it says that there is no evidence that taking more than 1 pill 3 times a day works xx

No the doctor has got that absolutely incorrect! Clinical trials show that upping dosage makes no significant changes to fat absorption. Do not follow those ridiculous instructions. You are positive thats what was said?

Furthermore, lowering dosage doesn't make even changes to efficacy. Taking Alli, the counter version of orlistat that is half the strength of xenical, is proven to be 75% as effective as the full strength xenical despute being only half the Mg.

I asked her to clarify it and she confirmed that I'd eventually be taking 9 pills in a day. I was shocked about it but she seemed sure.

I'm seeing her in the morning but I'm only going to stick to one tablet with my meals. Seems crazy otherwise!

Thanks for your replies :)

Do her a favour and tell her to educate herself on the medication she prescribes. She is wrong do not follow her advice. I work in pharmacy and there is a reason they come in packs of 84. Dose of three times a day for a month.

Well said! Sounds like the doc is a few tablets short of a packet!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow scary doctor, I would ask for a 2nd opinion!!

I hope you managed to get some medical advice from a different Dr, I can't believe the crazy talk she gave to you!!

THIS is the most horrific dangerous thing ive ever heard a doc say about these tablets.. jesus! ahh ! This doctor needs reporting as this could seriously cause problems. you take 3 and no more a day i hope you figured out and switched your doc? x

i usually only take one a day cause for breakfast and lunch i try and stick to fruit, yoghurt, porridge etc.

i take one with my main meal, potatoes, meat, veg, etc..

am i doing the right thing...my GP told me there was no need to take a tablet with a meal of fruit

i usually only take one a day cause for breakfast and lunch i try and stick to fruit, yoghurt, porridge etc.

am i doing the right thing...my GP told me there was no need to take a tablet with a meal of fruit

You take 3 tablets a day, one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. I know some Dr's say what's the point when you're eating low but the Xenical will still be in your system and it could help your losses.

Myself and a few others here, a while ago asked our GP about this and they all said to still take the Xenical with the 3 meals, no matter what you have. :)

You take 3 tablets a day, one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. I know some Dr's say what's the point when you're eating low but the Xenical will still be in your system and it could help your losses.

Myself and a few others here, a while ago asked our GP about this and they all said to still take the Xenical with the 3 meals, no matter what you have. :)

thanks....as of tomorrow...im on 3 a day then ;)

My Dr said I didn't need to take a tablet if there was no fat in a meal e.g. a salad, but I think the chance of finding a fat-free meal is fairly low. Fruit, yoghurt & porridge all have fat in even if it's only a little bit and I can't see myself purely eating lettuce leaves!

My common sense would also suggest that if Xen stays in your system for 3-4 days it will need a top-up so only taking with one meal a day i.e. 1/3 the prescribed dose the level of Xen is going to be much lower in your body so you probably won't get it's full effect on your evening meal.

Have you changed your breakfast and lunch for taking Xen or were they always very healthy before?

My Dr said I didn't need to take a tablet if there was no fat in a meal e.g. a salad, but I think the chance of finding a fat-free meal is fairly low. Fruit, yoghurt & porridge all have fat in even if it's only a little bit and I can't see myself purely eating lettuce leaves!

My common sense would also suggest that if Xen stays in your system for 3-4 days it will need a top-up so only taking with one meal a day i.e. 1/3 the prescribed dose the level of Xen is going to be much lower in your body so you probably won't get it's full effect on your evening meal.

Have you changed your breakfast and lunch for taking Xen or were they always very healthy before?

as of today i am going to try it 3 times a day,

no, fruit and yoghurt are my Slimming World breakfasts, before i would have had toast, or a (sugar filled) cereal.

Take the 3 tables with your meals hun. Toast and cereal is ok to have for breakfast and it's a good one, breakfast is really important! :)

3, 3x a day sounds high, bes tto seek clarification from the pescribing doc. Good luck x

Last edited:
Hi 3 a day with your 3 main meals is the correct dosage.. As prescribed by the doc..

Back