How much damage have I done?

onefatmama

Hi,

Im miserable :cry::cry:, hubby's gone away for the week and Im alone with the kids.
Iv been so depressed later with no weightlossess and my gall bladder pain so I ate a huge chicken salad with olives, cashew nuts, caramalized onion houmus (sp?) and loads of mayo, followed by an ice cream cone, chocolate and a small bag of pic&mix.

I now feel like sh*t.:sign0137:

My weight this morning was 12st 11lb, how much weight can I expect to put on now? and would working out a bit more at the gym limit the damage?

:gen147:

:sign0163::sign0009::thankyou:

be kind

I don't know how much you will have gained - but surely most of it will be glycogen?

Never mind that - you are only human honey and we all break now and again. Give yourself a pat on the back for coming back to the forum, give yourself permission for your mistake and wake up to a new start tomorrow.

You know you can do it, and you will

What's done is done - you can't change the outcome so you MUST draw a line under it, look forward and just get back on track.

I know you don't think anything positive can come out of this but draw on the experience: you now know that eating DIDN'T lift you out of your low mood - it only made it worse.

So please don't thrash yourself: that's a negative response and we need to stay positive to get through this diet and reach our goal :)

All I can say is make sure you get straight back on track. One slip for me led to a 3 day binge and now Im still struggling to get back on the right road.

Any weight gained will be glycogen so drink lots of water and it will soon be gone again. It might even be best not to weigh yourself as if you havent gained you might think you have "got away with it" and be tempted to do it again.

Go and have a bath or an early night so you are not tempted to eat anything else tonight and then start afresh in the morning.

Good luck

Back