How much did you lose in your second week?

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I know it's fairly common to lose a decent amount in your first week, but anyone who watches biggest loser will remember how much they go on about how tricky the second week is for a good loss. So I'd love to see whether that holds true for sw and I might get a STS, or whether people managed to shift another lb or two...

I know it's fairly common to lose a decent amount in your first week, but anyone who watches biggest loser will remember how much they go on about how tricky the second week is for a good loss. So I'd love to see whether that holds true for sw and I might get a STS, or whether people managed to shift another lb or two...

First week losses are a great motivation for the second week! I managed to lose 2.5lbs on my second week (lost 6lbs week 1) and this included going out for tea one evening. I try not to get disheartened too easily and pick myself up if i have a moment of weakness somewhere :)

1lb the first week, 6lb the 2nd week!

I'm always 100% but my consultant reckoned it might have taken a while for my system to adapt, citing she stayed the same her first week, but eventually lost over 5st to reach target.

Steve

I lost 6lbs first week, 2.5lbs second week, 2lbs third week and amazingly 4lbs fourth week! One stone in four weeks :D

I lost 5 1/2 my first week, I just checked but I gained 3 1/2 in my second and then my third I lost 5 1/2.
So I did struggle! X

I lost 4 in the first week and 4 in the second.

when i joined last year i lost 5lb in my 1st week then lost 3lb in my second i then continued 2 have big losses (between 3 and 5) for the next 5 weeks apart from * week when i put on half a lb. i did start off at 15stone 9 tho so had alot 2 lose. hopefully i can have a resonable loss this week as im startin again as still have another 2 n a bit stone 2 go x

I lost 3lbs in my 2nd week - which is very unusual for me - so 8.5lb's in two weeks - managing a stone in 5 weeks...............

but you know...................

What I have found over the many years of dieting - following SW - WW - atkins etc etc after about 16 - 20 weeks I had lost about 2 stones.........................

that is about an average. So don't get hung up on the tricky 2nd week - because in the great big scheme of things - after about 20 weeks or so you will have lost 2 - 2.5 stones and will be feeling GREAT.

I am.

Best Wishes.

Gilly x

I lost 4.5lb in my first week and 0.5lb in my second week. I was gutted! I had stuck to it 100%. By week 5 I had lost a stone so I wasn't bothered about week 2 any more!

I lost 6 in my first week, then 1 in my second week. I have seen people here put on in their second week but those that have continued to stick to it have lost after that. Overall, I lost a stone in my first month and a stone in my second month so I don't really care what I lost in which week, it's the fact that it comes off and the bigger picture that is important as orange rachel says above.

Good luck all the newbies for your second week.

Gail x

I don't get why they say week 2 is tricky? But I lost 6 on week 1 and 2.5 on week 2! Good luck!

Great thread. I'm a bit worried about my second week WI as despite being 100% I don't think I'm losing anything (had a sneaky peek on my home official WI scales and I'd gained!) As has been said by week 20 it will cease to matter!

I'm a bit worried also about my 2nd WI as long as I get a loss I hope. I remember what a group member said to me, it could be your body adjusting to the plan if you don't lose that much in the first week. But stick to it as it's a good plan.

the first time i did sw i lost 4lb the first week, 3lbs the second week, 3lbs the forth week and 4lbs the fifth week. i then lost a steady 1-2lbs a week.
this time i lost 5lbs this week and id be happy for 2lbs next week.

nettie said:
the first time i did sw i lost 4lb the first week, 3lbs the second week, 3lbs the forth week and 4lbs the fifth week. i then lost a steady 1-2lbs a week.
this time i lost 5lbs this week and id be happy for 2lbs next week.

Wow amazing weight losses, well done;). So far I've been planning what I eat so been 100% not usual for me but it's a good change.

I lost 3.5lbs on the first week and 2.5lbs on the second, gives you a boost to keep going. xxx Looby

I only lost 1 pound in week one but it was new year during that week so only on plan 6/7 days. Week 2 WI is tomorrow and I've stuck to plan all week so hoping for a better result!

Back