how much does it cost

abz

Gold Member
i am rather intrigued with this, but doesn't it work out to be very expensive? i have had a look at the website but no price seems to be mentioned anywhere. how much are the packs and drinks and do you pay your counsellor in any way?

abz xx

i am rather intrigued with this, but doesn't it work out to be very expensive? i have had a look at the website but no price seems to be mentioned anywhere. how much are the packs and drinks and do you pay your counsellor in any way?

abz xx

hiya,

i pay around £38.00 per week for a week supply of packs. (that includes seeing my CDC) I am 5ft 3 tho' so i only need 3 packs a day, anyone over 5ft 8 needs 4 packs.

Its much cheaper than my previous weekly shop for food.

Good luck if you decide to give it a go, fast weightloss in a very short period of time, and if you keep poppin on here, TONS of support! :D

debs x

Last edited:
Hiya, it can vary but around £38 is about the norm, I know it can sound alot but it just over £5 per day and you do save on your food shop.

Gx

Hello!

I pay roughly £35 a week for my supply- thats including seeing my CDC and is a lot less than what i would spent on eating out, takeaways, food and alcohol!
x

i'm not sure i can afford it. but even if i could, how do you deal with people 'disapproving' of you. i work in an IT team of four, soon to be five, with the other three, probably four being men, and skinny. the most they get is a bit of a tummy. and they eat CONSTANTLY. and always eat junk. i piled it on when i first started there just from all the snacks they kept offering me. how on earth am i supposed to not eat and not get complete scepticism? i have only worked there two months and am not integrated enough to not get noticed if that makes sense?

abz xx

I pay around £34 for my packs. My friend goes to weight watchers and says it's over £5 a week for classes - never mind all the branded food she has to buy. She pays a lot more than £35 a week.
Ceri

Well, I pay roughly the same as the others, but it's worth looking at what you spend on food and snacks now.

Before CD I'd have perhaps 2 or 3 coffees out a week, with the obligatory muffin or cake - so £4 each - £12 a week. Then there'd be the chocolate. Hmm, at least a £1 a day I reckon:eek: - £7 a week.

That's over half the cost of CD alone just there.

Biscuits and snacks at home, plus one takeaway, plus normal food.... it all mounts up.

My other thought about doing CD rather than an alternative diet is that you'd pay £6 a week for WW or similar, plus you are still buying your weekly shop, which will include all those high priced 'branded' low fat/cal cakes and crisps etc. plus the normal food you'd eat. So I would think that you'd spend more a week on WW than on CD - unless you are disciplined and only ate 3 meals a day which you cooked from scratch.

Finally, it's seems a lot each week, but you will be dieting for less than half the time of being on any other 'normal' diet.

So, it is expensive when you have to hand ove the cash each week, but when you add up what you spend now in little bits, and what you would spend if you did a more conventional diet you can see that CD isn't really any more expensive.

But then again, I'm a fan... Can you tell?:D;):p

i'm not sure i can afford it. but even if i could, how do you deal with people 'disapproving' of you. i work in an IT team of four, soon to be five, with the other three, probably four being men, and skinny. the most they get is a bit of a tummy. and they eat CONSTANTLY. and always eat junk. i piled it on when i first started there just from all the snacks they kept offering me. how on earth am i supposed to not eat and not get complete scepticism? i have only worked there two months and am not integrated enough to not get noticed if that makes sense?

abz xx

You have to do it for you and stuff what anyone else thinks. I had a few people that were sceptical but I ignored them and did what was right for me.

Gxx

abz xx

Do you really think they'd be that bothered? I have found that my colleagues, once I had explained it all to them, have been really supported and interested to know what I am doing, and how it is going.

It would be such a shame if someone elses attitude stopped you from doing something you really want to. It can be hard, but the results are so worth it....

I understand what you mean - I still havent told my mom and dad yet or my friends because when i did mention i was thinking about it i got the its not good for you talk the just do it the normal way chat - so i decided to keep it to myself and when they start to notice the weight loss may mention it then -

I think you have to go into this for yourself and not look for anyone elses approval because when it comes to diet plans like this one ( which by the way is brill) people will always have an opinion

good luck :)

I've just started a new job and had to tell my colleagues what i'm doing but i didnt feel ashamed at all, felt proud of myself actually that i was doing something about my weight problem! 1 of them, (a fitness obsessed rake) i admit has been quite annoying about it but every1 else is really interested and supports me!! who cares what they think anyway? this is for u....not them. x

TBH you are working with four men - do you really think they'd notice if you stopped eating?:D:eek::D

I haven't told anyone I'm doing this, and no-one seems to have noticed. I did make it easier by doing SS+/AAMW occassionally when I couldn't get out of a family meal or similar, but no-one has ever commented other than to say 'you have so much willpower not having the slice of cake/biscuit with your coffee'.

I'd not tell them and only say something if you feel you need to.

You'll be sitting there drinking coffee at the same time, probably going out from your desk at lunch, just not eating their snacks during the day. You could turn it to your advantage and offer to make their coffee's when the chocs come out - you don't eat the naughty stuff, and you get in their good books!;):cool:

I know where you are coming from - I meet obstacles at every turn - people always saying "you really need to eat properly". I think that's half the reason behind me doing so well initially then messing about for the last wee while!! This forum has inspired me to give it a go as the results totally outweigh a few people frowning at my choices??? Aim to get back on track asap!!!!

hmm. still not sure i could afford it. we really don't spend that much on a weekly shop, and i would be spending that and then food for thomas. he's a stringbean which is typical. also, we all tend to eat at our desks. there isn't really anywhere to go where i work, especially not with the terrible weather. but mainly it is the price that is putting me off. i will have to give it some thought. keep coming with the comments though. i'm finding it really interesting!!

abz xx

Keep a food diary for a week. Log everything you spend in it. Lunches at work, trips to the shop for a paper which usually end up with something to eat or drink, and takeaways/alcohol. You may be surprised.
When I first did CD, I kept a diary. I costed meals that I ate at home, trips out, shopping (always called at the baker's lol) and I was shocked at just how much I was spending on food.

that sounds like a good plan. i might do just that. don't you miss the physical munching though? i mean, it's great that everything's taken care of for you, but don't you just simply miss the pleasure of eating?

abz xx

i just love crunching and munching on things... but like i said, mainly the cost. i think i'll give juddd a go and note how much i spend as i go. if it works out around the same then i might give it some more thought :)

abz xx

hi abz,thats a good idea about writing everything down and seeing how much everything adds up to. You will be surprised.Myself and bf couldnt believe the amount of money we saved when i started. Oh and the people you work with..sod them everyone who's anyone will have something to say about this diet good and bad. Id just ignore them your doing for yourself not them :)

becky xx

right. i have more questions. i'm intrigued by these food replacement diets. the weight loss is so appealing. is there a large range of foods or do you end up eating/drinking the same things all the time. and is there some kind of soup so there is som semblence of normality at lunch times?

abz xx

Back