how much is your shopping bill?

my avereage shop for a week is around £65 which does for me and hubby 3 meals a day and my mate who lives with us eats with us in the evening and 4 cats and household stuff.
I had a big shop last week as lots of offers on stuff i buy on a regular basis so stocked up. but on my bill of £120 that week i did make £30 of savings!! and its stuff that will last ages now.
Cost of food has soared though lately :( but as the others have said, i dont mind spending on healthy food as its fabulous that hubby has lost 6 st and counting :)

I think when i have sat and worked out what the actual food cost and divided by number of meals for the whole week it worked out at £1.50 a meal

It was a big shock to me when I hear what other people spend sometimes. If they can afford it go for it, I know if I could afford it I would do it. I dont work due to illness but cannot claim benefits due to the fact my partner works and the fact - don't have enough NI cont's but that's my own personal life, but my rent is£98 per week and if was spending the same on food each week that would be all our income gone. - don't buy mullers I don't buy loads of snack pastas or alpen lights if we all took a step a back we could improve our shopping habits, I still buy chickenbreasts and fresh mince and meat but I only buy what I need. I plan scruplously and always buy own brand and mainly the cheap own brand stuffm if its the same why line the supermarket pockets :) :)is post wasn't meant to offend anyone if it did, I'm never very good at getting my point across.

I spend around £400 a month for two adults (one veggie, one meat eater), 1 teenager and 3 cats. The cats cost as much to feed as I do, lol! It would probably be less if we all ate the same thing but we can't...the child normally has what I have and the bf cooks his own meat meals when he wants them.

It's gone up a little bit since starting SW but not too much really given the amount of crisps and crap we used to buy, it's kinda balanced out.

Really interesting post as this week I have been keeping check on everything we have spent as want to know where our money goes :hmm:
Anyhow I have worked out with all the bits and pieces throughout the week I spend €125 (£105 or $171) on food, including booze!! This is a couple of shops at Mercadona and Lidl and market for veg and fruit.
This is for 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
It used to be really cheap here to shop when we first moved to Spain but its not now.

I aim to spend under £300 a month, which usually tots to £50-60 a week dependant if I need to purchase toiletries & baby milk & nappies.
I go on martin lewis's moneysaving website for ideas & I am currently keeping track of what I spend each month by keeping all my reciepts.

We are on a budget atm so spend between £25-£35 a week for 2 adults & a cat. It's quite tough as i'm veggie & my bf is a meat eater. I just shop around & try to find the best deals!
Tesco are selling Quorn 3 for £5.00. I stocked up my freezer full of it! I am not vegetarian but love that its free on green days & cheaper than meat!

Shopping is so expensive nowadays:eek:

I spend around £100 most weeks and that's for 2 adults and 3 dogs :eek: (the dog food costs around £10)

This includes all the things we need to take lunch to work each day and all toiletries, cleaning and laundry stuff, firelighters, loo rolls etc.

We're not extravagant and buy alot of budget brands and hardly any convenience food, but can spend quite a bit on veg - I get tempted by asparagus, purple sprouting broccoli etc which are more expensive.

I try to only go shopping twice a week - difficult when we have a Sainsburys within a 5 minute walk and I usually get £100 cash out at the start of the week to keep me on track.

I can't say I've notice our food bills going up recently, then again having moved from the centre of York to the country we no longer do a lot of our shopping at M&S:sign0007:, so it probably wouldn't. I have noticed though the amount we spend on takeaways and my lunch and breakfast at work has plummeted.

We spend about £150 every 2 weeks on food big that's for 2 adults 3 meals a day and we do buy alpen lights etc. Seems expensive but we each used to burn at least £10 a day on lunch at work (he's on the road all day and I'm in central London) plus spend £50 a week on the supermarket and at least £30 a week on takeaway - fairly easy to see why we both need SW when you think about it - I reckon that in the last 6 weeks we have easily saved more than the SW membership costs.

my food bills have gone from about £50 per week to around 80. there are two of us and we are both doing SW. We are on a budget and are finding it tough but if i diddnt buy alpen bars and mullar lights in i think i would go for bad snacks, and i only buy them on offer. i have been looking through the bills and most the money is going on fresh fruit, we are eating loads of fruit so I figure the extra 30 a week must be worth it and we are not eating out and hubby used to go through maybe 40 a month on beer plus he used to get snacks at work. I think it probably evens out for us over all. BUT i just think if it is working I dont want to cut back on the fruit, mullars and alpen bars as i think i would then be likely to fall off the SW wagon at times of need.

btw, how do people put more than one stickie on here??? I got my bronze award this week and I can only get my signiture to show one picture

For me and hubby, usually €100 per month on meat from free range farm and then €100-150 per week on everything else. It is a lot when I see it written down, but we are suckers for organic stuff :) xx

We spend about £80 a week for two of us, used to only be about £40 because we would eat rubbish that was cheap but then we would go to starbucks and buy coffee and cake for a tenner and get takeaways and stuff so no we dont do that its probably cheaper! x

I used to budget £120 per week for the 4 of us (2 ad 2 kids) which would include the price of a takeaway or lunch in town on a Saturday.

NOW it's more like £120+++ JUST on food and household products! Being on SW has actually helped takeaways being a thing of the past!

We spend £40-£50 per week (2 of us plus Minnie-cat). We spend more in the supermarket than we used to but now that we are not spending £7 per day on lunch and 2 or 3 takeaways per week we are saving loads of money!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

£40 a week on me, my bf and the cat. Even though everything seems to have gotten more expensive we've been able to stick to the budget. We buy everything own brand, (except quorn) and I think being on SW saves us money. Those jars of sauces and things are a couple of quid, whereas a tin of tomatoes and a stock cube is less than a pound.

Thanks peeps, we both said today that at least we spend money on healthy food not crap from sweet shop and takeaway!!! Summer is bad for us cos I love fresh fruit from local market

We probably spend anything from £50 to £120+ a week on shopping for 2 adults and a toddler, but it all depends on whether we need to stock up on nappies, washing powder etc. I tend to buy mostly own brand cheap tins and packets, but meat is so expensive, as is fruit, veg and quorn! Does not help that my other half likes the odd pizza so I end up having to cater for two different meals x

Ours for 2 adults, 7 dogs and 4 cats is about 120€ a week plus horse and goat food. Scary really.

Me and the oh take it in turns every week. When its my turn usually about 55 but I know I could get it cheaper as his bills are rarely over 45 max. I get everything from butchers and Asda whilst he goes to about 5 or 6 different places!!!

Back