How much physillium husks ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by katona, 19 September 2007 Social URL.

1. katona

katona Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Restarted cd yesterday. Managed the whole day ss quite easily. Have decided this time to add physillium husks to my shakes. I put a small tablespoon in two shakes. Has anyone got any idea if this is enough or should I be adding more ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I normally put a teaspoon in a shake if I still want to drink it. In the winter, I make up a shake with hot water, pour it into a bowl, sprinkle on 2 or 3 teaspoons of PH and whisk it in to make a porrige (yum). I also put 2 teaspoons in soup to make a thick broth (bit like lentil soup consistancy).

As we're not having much in the way of fibre on this diet, it's ok to have more than the 2 tsps per day recommended on the pack. You just have to fiddle around to see what suits you and what 'works'. :)

4. katona

katona Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks R.D so the 2 tablespoons should be enough ! I'm gonna try the soup thing, though when I first bought P.H I put some in a ten cal soup and it went gluppy almost jelly like, couldn't drink it.

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    The secret is not to use freshly boiled water (I use 100ml cold water topped up to 350/400ml of boiling), not to use TOO much PH and not to over-mix. I can use my braun hand blender because I've been doing it for so long and I know how not to make it gloopy - but you'd probably be better off making up the soup as normal, pouring it into a bowl and whisking the PH in gradually with a fork or a balloon whisk. (Same technique as the porrige)

In the cold weather, a toffee and walnut shake made as a porrige with some cinnamon sprinkled over really makes a 'proper' breakfast if you need it.

6. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    I used to use a level teaspoon.

Shakes were fine but soups used to be too thick if I ever tried to add more than this.

7. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Depends how thick you like 'em Lee ;)

8. katona

katona Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Well I tried it with the cheese and brocolli soup and it wasn't too bad. I added a large tablespoon to half the mixture with cold water then nuked it in the microwave was'nt too bad I think you need to drink it pretty quick though, mind you I drink them all quick
    A teaspoon doesn't seem much perhaps two tablespoons will be too much ?

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    I reckon 2 tablespoons in one pack would be WAY too much.

10. peackie

peackie Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    thanx for the great info i am thinking of getting some of these as i think you need a bit of bulk inside cos you dont get a lot on here do you

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    That's the big downside of a VLCD ... psyllium husks soon put that right :)

12. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

I have two heaped TEA SPOONS twice a day.
    I mix them with a little bit of water flavoured with summer berry, and it's gone in about 5 gulps. I only have tetras and I wouldnt want to add it to those incase I spoil it. They are deffo worth getting though.

xx sj xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.