Cruise PV How much veg?

walkywish

Hi guys it's my first day in the cruise phase. The only extra I added to my food was a small amount of lettuce and about 4 cherry tomatoes for my lunch (aswell as usual chicken and cottage cheese). And then veg added to my tea was about 4 Brussels and a small handful of mangetout. Is this ok?
Also, am I ok to have mackerel? Thank u! X

Lettuce, tomatoes & Brussels sounds ok to me! And mackerel are excellent - lots of omega 3 oils and I catch them myself so I love them! Good choices, keep going!

The supposed ratio of veg is 1/3rd of your plate whilst the rest is protein. I nearly always end up with a salad for my veg days as i love salad, my plate is always half full. If I have veg, then it might be a mix of stir fry with some chicken. or I buy steam in the bag veg and have half the bag. Your veg amounst above are very very modest, its fine hoenstly.

Mackeral is ok so long as its not in added oil, also if its in tom sauce, try to rinse some of it off and also have it on PV days.

Thanks guys. Where do I stand with coffee? If its with skimmed milk and sweeteners can I have it? I read you can only have stinks with 1 cal in them but I'm not sure how many are in coffee? X

I started originally cutting my coffee right down and only having 1 drink a day, after a few weeks I upped it and am back to 3-4 coffees a day, plus zero coke, plus occasional hot choc for supper. Morrisons hot choc the lowest fat and thebest

I presume that hot chocolate would be a tolerated ingredient, so best avoided unless very happy with one's weight loss - at least at the outset...

I presume that hot chocolate would be a tolerated ingredient, so best avoided unless very happy with one's weight loss - at least at the outset...

Yes it is, its on the tolerated list, and hasn't caused me any problems in the six months doing the diet

I've never restricted my veg all the time I've been on dukan! I used to fill my plate with as much veg as I wanted on pv days and it never stopped me losing - although I suppose everyone's different. I also never bothered counting coffees - if I wanted one I had one. Just be careful not to have too many carrots but greens I piled my plate up - and still do!! :)

to be honest I don't really watch how much veg Ihave, I am just aware of what the book said. I love my salads so much I quite often end up with half a plate with just lettuce LOL. as for coffees, I have stopped worrying about them, in this cold weather I need warming up........esp as I no longer have as much blubber to keep me warm :D :D

Back