How often do you exercise??

Lushlash

Silver Member
Hi, just wondering how often you exercise? & what sort of stuff do you do?

I'm doing aqua aerobics, zumba & just an hour a time on the bikes/treadmill/ crosstrainer in the gym.

I aim for 5 times a week ideally.

Any other classes you recommend?

Thanks x

I'm going to be doing the 30 day shred exercise video and lots of walking, between uni, work and trying to run a home I don't have time for anything else. I'm not sure if this is enough/not enough though, so I'm hoping someone more experienced will be able to contribute better than me :)

I have so far worked out 5 days per week gym/swimming/, as well as about half an hour on the wii fit on the day I haven't made it to the gym.
Having said that, I am a teacher and so have been off for the past 2 weeks for Easter. Once I'm back at work next week I imagine 3/4 times per week will be more realistic as I have a long commute, early start and also help at a kids club on a Friday night at my church, which rules Friday out completely!I just hope all my hard work over Easter doesn't go out of the window once I'm back in my work routine!

Hi I have been doing Zumba once a week and a 30 min programme of various exercises that i got from The Guardian each week. I then go walking or cycling for a longer period if the weather's ok if not i do more indoors. I aim to do 3 x a week. I have the Nike training app on my phone too but as I'm 53 some of the exercises are beyond me!

Hi, just wondering how often you exercise? & what sort of stuff do you do?

I'm doing aqua aerobics, zumba & just an hour a time on the bikes/treadmill/ crosstrainer in the gym.

I aim for 5 times a week ideally.

Any other classes you recommend?

Thanks x

5 Times a week
Add in some weight training, concentrating on the chest, back and legs which builds your metabolism up which when combined with cardio, does wonders but most people dont think of it

Its for men AND women..ignore the stigma.. do it :)

6 times a week at the moment - 30 mins each day burning around 300 cals.

Not done any weight training yet but it's next on the list!

7 days a week, i do body attack, combat, step, pump and spinning. doing a two mile run 6 days a week too
depending on the day ill do 3 classes back to back, usually its just two though.

i use the weights in the gym alot before a class, rarely use the machinery

I do 1 or 2 dance classes a day 6 days a week (bellydance, zumba, other energetic/choreo'd dance). On single class days i also do 30 mins in the gym 2 or 3 days a week after dancing. Some weights and vibroplate as trying to tone some wobbly bits:). Sunday is day off.

Generally i think the key is to ENJOY whatever you do - i usually have a big grin about 5 mins into the class!

Walking, cycling and Yoga! ^_^
I don't do anything on Saturdays and Mondays... but it depends.. if I have something on another day I'll exercise on the Saturday or Monday instead. <3

I've only just started and I do my exercise every other day. Sometimes on those 'free' days between I do light walking or something like that. I'm planning to build up slowly up to 5-6 times a week! :)

Umm well I joined a gym and do plan on using it....not that i'm having motivational issues or anything! :ashamed0005:

I exercise daily which I think is something to aim for, exercise on a regular basis is so helpful with regards to weight loss plus also improving your fitness level. The key is finding something you can do regularly and that you enjoy, everyone is different and so one form of exercise might be anothers heaven yet anothers hell, we must all choose something we can enjoy doing therefore making us more likely to be able to keep it up. Em

Last edited:
Davina Mccall power of 3 DVD is BRILLIANT! I can't stress enough how great it is. I would really recommend it. It helped me go from 11 stone to 8 and a half stone.
Theres two different 'levels' of hardness throughout through the use of two personal trainers. It does wonders for your thighs but be warned, sometimes I find it hard to even walk down the stairs after I have done it!

I now use the gym as I find it more 'fun' if thats what you can call it. I love the cross trainer because of the amount of calories it can burn, but I also enjoy using the treadmill, not so much to run but to set the gradient at the highest level and walk 'up hill'.

Once you know how often you are going to exercise you can decide on the intensity of the workout. Here you can start to get a little more creative. Intensity is key when it comes to fat loss so you are better working out harder for less days per week than lightly every day. This is a common mistake made by many people, often believing that more is better. If your goals are something less intense like Pilates or Yoga then you could perform these activities more frequently.

In a good week I go to 6 Zumba classes and walk about 8 miles.

Zumba instructor is away for 2 weeks so will do an Attack class tomorrow and walk/cycle as much as I can

I just think it comes down to finding something that you like doing and will keep doing, there is no point starting something that you will never keep up, so if you love the gym or taking certain classes do that for me walking is fantastic for weight loss and improving my fitness level. The sad thing is so many people dismiss walking thinking its not intense enough when in fact it depends on the person doing it, the more weight you are carrying the more effort you have to put in to carry your body weight around plus if you push yourself more and more its amazing how much more ground you can cover, the different terrain you can cope with and how much quicker you can do it as time goes on. I always do two walks a day but lately have been doing three, often over rugged moorland and its working wonders for me, I tend to walk fast and the fact I do it every day at least twice a day often three times a day means the changes I am seeing are happening pretty quickly. I am also making my collie dog very happy indeed as the exercise really benefits her as well plus its free which has to be a good thing! I just love the fact that I can exercise and at the same time enjoy being out on the beautiful moorland, I have never understood why anyone would choose to use a machine that simulates the activity rather than doing the activity for real outdoors, for me I am out in all weathers and love it, I'm a true country bumpkin at heart! Em

Back