Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

how often do you weigh yourself?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by angiel72, 30 September 2010 Social URL.

1. angiel72

angiel72 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    low fat
    I re-started my diet on Monday and i was going to wait until next monday for a weigh in, but a girl i was talking to today says she weighs herself every 3 days, so she can tell if her diet is needing tweaked!
    how often do you guys weigh in?
    still deciding whether to jump on or leave it until its been a whole week

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Inge Jones

Inge Jones Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I am currently on a program of weighing every Monday morning - no point doing it more often than that as I seem to go up and down like a yoyo. Though for that reason I am wondering whether to switch to monthly... I don't think curiosity could wait a month between weighings though.

4. CatCrazy

CatCrazy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(24.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Jumping on them often can be really demoralising if there is little or no loss but I'm a frequent jumper. I hid them last week but have reinstalled them now and I know I shouldn't but i jump on them first thing each morning before getting dressed. I'm ill at the moment so am seeing some dramatic loss which is making me happier but I know I'm likely to end up miserable when I'm on the mend and the scales show a static or gain.

I guess the 3 days sounds better than my daily but I think a weekly or even fortnightly would be better to show true loss....not that i'll be following my own words in a hurry

5. Beasty

Beasty Full Member

Start Weight:
    26st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st1lb(45.55%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating/calorie counting and exercise.
    I started off weighing in once a month, but the curiosity got to me, I ended up weighing in every other day. I'm now trying to do it just once a week, it can be tempting to have a little look but I'm trying not to :eek:

6. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    I weigh every morning, I just couldnt wait to weigh just once a week. Maybe i am scales obsessed but it has also taught me that my weight will go up for no reason at all and is a perfectly normal thing. It invariably drops again the next morning.

I have a set weigh in day though which is Saturday and thats when i update my spreadsheet.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.