how often do you weigh yourself?

I am currently on a program of weighing every Monday morning - no point doing it more often than that as I seem to go up and down like a yoyo. Though for that reason I am wondering whether to switch to monthly... I don't think curiosity could wait a month between weighings though.

Jumping on them often can be really demoralising if there is little or no loss but I'm a frequent jumper. I hid them last week but have reinstalled them now and I know I shouldn't but i jump on them first thing each morning before getting dressed. I'm ill at the moment so am seeing some dramatic loss which is making me happier but I know I'm likely to end up miserable when I'm on the mend and the scales show a static or gain.

I guess the 3 days sounds better than my daily but I think a weekly or even fortnightly would be better to show true loss....not that i'll be following my own words in a hurry

I started off weighing in once a month, but the curiosity got to me, I ended up weighing in every other day. I'm now trying to do it just once a week, it can be tempting to have a little look but I'm trying not to :eek:

I weigh every morning, I just couldnt wait to weigh just once a week. Maybe i am scales obsessed but it has also taught me that my weight will go up for no reason at all and is a perfectly normal thing. It invariably drops again the next morning.

I have a set weigh in day though which is Saturday and thats when i update my spreadsheet.

Back