How often have you "lapsed" in 9 weeks

Daisy_Duke13

Ok guys, i know it seems strange but im planning on trying to do the most intense cambridge that my counsellor will let me for 9 weeks....(there is something i am aiming for in the 9th week) and im pretty certain that i wont last the full 9 without at least one "slip up" or binge.....

Has anyone managed it 100%....those that havnt how many times have you fallen off the wagon and had a wee binge....? Im a carb addict i think thats why i am thinking this anti willpower thoughts lol!

Im wondering if im just being pessimistic or if i actually will suceed!!

xxxx:confused:

Ok guys, i know it seems strange but im planning on trying to do the most intense cambridge that my counsellor will let me for 9 weeks....(there is something i am aiming for in the 9th week) and im pretty certain that i wont last the full 9 without at least one "slip up" or binge.....

Has anyone managed it 100%....those that havnt how many times have you fallen off the wagon and had a wee binge....? Im a carb addict i think thats why i am thinking this anti willpower thoughts lol!

Im wondering if im just being pessimistic or if i actually will suceed!!

xxxx:confused:

Well I'm not quite on 9 weeks yet, day 51 & I've not cheated, no carbs nowt! Oh I licked the lid of a McD's ketchup pot :eek:...... Other than that nothing else have I had!
:innocent0002::innocent0002::innocent0002:

wow thats awesome! I think i need to get a book on willpower or something haha xxx

(well done not lapsing!!! forgot that bit lol xxx)

I am coming to the end of wk 8 and have stuck to it 100%. I just know if i cheated once that would be the end of it and this really is my last attempt at loosing weight ( done them all but never cd before now). Also i have gone past the stage of wanting to loose weight to look nice its actually all about health for me now so that keeps me going. Good luck you can do this x x

Thanks for that, I have nearly four stone to lose and am seriously considering the Cambridge diet but it seems so hard from what I have read I have tried many in the past last one being slimming world but not a quick rapid loss.......:beam:

I'm just finishing wk 5 today (my AAM week) and haven't cheated once. Yes, sometimes I've had to grit my teeth but at the end of the day there is no point cheating because I really want to be slim :) and if I get to 41 and the excess hasn't gone I shall be so disappointed with myself...so this is my chance to make sure that does not happen!

Hi,
I'm on week 8 and haven't cheated much - I have had a 2 AAM type meals in restaurants when not on AAM week & a couple of cups of coffee with skimmed milk.
I like the 'abstinance' aspect of CD - there is no grey area, I find myself on a slippery slope with other diets where eating a little of something, leads to a bit more and a little bit more won't do any harm etc etc!!
I have suprised myself with my will power, when I was much younger I had loads then I lost in somewhere and now I find it's back with a vengence!
Not being hungry, unlike other diets has helped too.

Shalder

Hi FP

If you have already decided it is going to be very hard and you are certain you won't stick to it then you have already decided to fail before you even start.

Therefore why not make a decision that you won't fail, that you will do the full 9 weeks, you'll lose loads of weight, feel good, show some brilliant self control and willpower and be proud with your efforts at the end.

The diet is 99.99% in your head and if you decide to do it and enjoy it then you'll be set for slimdom.

Mike

Fab post from Mike there, I did it for 4 months and never cheated, I got to goal and have never looked back, in some ways it was the hardest decision Ive ever made but the easiest thing to do, but the mindset has to be there.

You can do it, after all I did it!

I SSed for 7 weeks without a single cheat and am now starting my week 8 on 790 as am working through the plans towards goal.

If you want the weight off you can pass on the crap that makes you fat easy enough when you see how loose your clothes become and the compliments come rolling in.

You can accomplish so much in 9 weeks so why not give CD a bloody good try. :)

fp13, good luck with your 9 weeks - it will be worth it.

I'm on SS too. Yes I've slipped up. Stupid things like the odd bit of this or that. Nothing major, but I could kick myself afterwards as I know it's soo important not to derail the progress of SS by picking.

I do better on days where I don't have to prepare anyone else's non CD food. I sometimes wish I could do the SS stage in a totally food free house! Not going to happen, though. All part of learning how to adapt to being around conventional food, IMO.

Hi,

I'm now on week 6 of SS and not ever thought about sliping off the rails.

I cook in our house, wife does the housework and I cook - it works for us !

I really enjoy meal planning, food shoping and cooking, I even go to the Indian for a take out for her once a week.

I think all of this gives me my food fix !!

NmP

I've stuck to the diet 100% too. I have had days of wanting to eat, but am determined so have not given in. The only times I have eaten are when I have been on a conference and had to eat what was given to me, but took advice from CDC on what to avoid on my plate (the potatoes and puddings!) and got straight back into it when I got back. I had the runs the next day after the conference and felt awful, and don't want to feel like that again. Something has clicked in my head and now I can see the results of 7 weeks its SO WORTH IT!! You need to want to do it, and do it for you. Good luck!!

I have alot of weight to lose & i have no intention what so ever of cheating. Sometimes i've felt like giving in, i've had my bad days but i've stuck with it & got through those bad days.
I'm just starting my 3rd week & i'm looking to stay on it until around September.

In 2005 i did lipotrim & they don't do AAM on that diet so i ate nothing what so ever, other than my 3 shakes for just over 7 months.
My head was totally there & i never thought i'd fail.
I wanted to be slim badly, it was my only option as i knew i couldn't do it on ww or sw.
I just kept in my head that i want it & the only person who can make me fail is myself & i wasn't going to let that happen.

Thanks everyone...i think it'll take me a while to get out of my greedy mentality, but once im there ill be okay...hopefully like you ill find the willpower from somewhere as i do really want to do this!!xxxx

Back