How to bring on labour...

Id leave it to nature if the hot curries/sex doesnt bring it on. I wouldnt go trying pessaries without mw help, por caster oil. We had a patient who lost her baby and it was due to caster oil. she had loads and the baby ended up getting distressed, and passed meconium etc and because she was at home waiting had no idea. I no the last few weeks are hard, but enjoy the rest b4 the baby arrives when its ready.

Still here + Bump! lol

I went for the sweep and was told I was nearly 2 cms dialated she seemed sure I would go into labour within a couple of days but no such luck, I've tried everything recommended, except the sex that's still a no go area lol oh and the Castor Oil I swore I would never try that no matter how desperate I got. I think you ladies are right she will only come when she's ready, failing that I'm getting induced on Thursday wish me luck :D

Wow Lissy that is amazing they haven't already started fretting to induce you already!! Alot of hospitals will only let you go over by 12 days!! Really hope it goes well, my SIL has had to be induced twice with her babies and while it was slow it worked out fine, take lots of magazines/music etc to keep you busy. ((Hugs))

I was induced with my son and it only took 4hours19 minutes from established labour, and 10hours19 minutes from the very start of the induction, so it isn't always slow ;)

Sounds like you'd have a very favourable cervix so would be an easy induction - at 2cm they'd most likely just break your waters first and leave you an hour to see what you do before starting any drips, fingers crossed you don't need them!!

Of course, most likely, you'll go in to labour the night before your induction, you'd be amazed the number of women who do!!

Ooh good luck for Thursday if it does come to that. I was induced just over 39 weeks (had PE) they broke my waters (3cm) and started the drip 10 mins later, contractions started 10 mins later and my son was born in under 6 hours :) Fingers crossed for a "good" labour either way!

Its good to read accounts of inducing being quicker than my SIL's.

I didn't get induced with Erin, but did have my waters broken (after 14 hours of contractions and still only 4cm - I was stuck at that for the last 7 hours). It worked a treat as had the urge to push an hour later. lol

When my waters were broken I had excess fluid, my forewaters went all over the bed and gushed off down the ward and I thought that was it. About ten minutes later I was walking up and down some stairs at the top of the ward to get things going and my hindwaters went as I stood on the top step. I made my own little waterfall down them stairs :) got one of the registrar's shoes as he was coming up them! Never knew there could be sooooo much fluid!

good luck Lissie

We're all rooting for ya!:talk017:

Thinking of you and bump. ((hugs)) it's exciting all new arrivals on here, there are SO many of us now!! :D

I havent read through the replies but have u tried evening primrose capsules?
Sounds gross but it works,
put 4-6 capsules up 'there' as far as they can go before bed.
They will dissolve and get thecervix ripe ready for labour.
Worked for me and my sis in law, both of our waters broke within a day!
Good luck x

oooooh any babies here yet???? xx

YAY! Congratulations, glad you didn't need the induction either! ((Hugs)) Look forward to your post - with pics i hope!! lol

Awwww congratulations!! thats fantastic news!!

xxxxx

Congratulations!! Looking forward to hearing all about it - and enjoy those first few days, they're so special!!

Back