How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

I stopped having them as I wanted something more filling, my stomach must have finally shrunk. cheese (hea) and onion is my ultimate favourite. Did you do those wrap pizzas again? I used to love pitta pizzas. I begrudge using syns on something that was a heb. Turkey or chicken pizzas are fab though. oregano and cheese = pizza to me. haha. Are they all moved in now? What happened at work? Or was it just randomly busy?

Nate no longer says sh*t, but says ship now, which sounds just like sh*t... So I accidentally told him off, then looked at the tele and there was a boat. poor boy was so confused at me telling him off.

Awww bless him lol so cute... and naughty mummy for telling him off. I made them last night just to heat up tonight as I knew we would be busy helping daughter and didnt fancy starting to cook at god knows what time, yeh I used the warburtons wraps hubby had 2, I had 1.

Work is always busy especially the phones, but if anyone has a query on a case they come to me as im the most experienced on the section ( I say that we all had the same training, I just pick things up easier/quicker, maybe this is because im interested and listen lol) so this holds me back from doing my own casework, but the bosses dont take this into account and I still get my full case load, making it hard to clear, then I get stressed. I finally had to e mail the boss today and tell him how its affecting me, he has took me offline tomorrow to catch up phew.

Ive also been asked to be a member of a team of 11 people to head up a new package for a new process which will affect the whole workplace of 500 people, interesting, a challenge but hard work me thinks. gulp

Right, got to get the bus to group tomorrow. Bus stop is 20 minutes away, and I have to bring the raffle prize. And a change of clothes, it's supposed to feel like -2 tomorrow (brr) and I get weighed in leggings and a light top, I think I will get changed at weigh in and go in jeans! Don't fancy freezing at the bus stop. Bags are packed and a spare bag for shopping to bring home before a different shop from tesco's arrives!

Comfort food for lunch of sw chips eggs and beans! yumm... probably have some pickles and salad veg while I'm waiting for it to cook. then tea is campfire stew, which I've not had in AGES. yummo.

The raffle prize is the ingredients and recipe for mushy pea curry! just bringing an alpen light for the SOTW basket, hopefully I won't win it back again this week! haha! I'm not keen on the summer fruits one. blurgh.

Good luck for this morning lovely. I've not been so good this week so am expecting a gain. Going to go to the morning class just to get weighed then go back to the night class where I do the shop and listen to the talk.

I've been asked about my SW diary and told I should start one so here I am! Now my laptop is fixed I have no excuse.

I am starting this on a high. Today was my weigh in day (Wednesday morning group) and I lost 2lbs! So I got my four and a half stone award and slimmer of the month! Last week I was named my group's Miss Slinky and had to go get my photo taken with the other Miss Slinky winners from my consultant's other groups for the paper.

I've had such a good run this month. 8.5lbs in 4 weeks matches my first 4 weeks losses. It has really given me a, much needed, second wind.

Some background

My stats read 20st 5lbs start weight, 15st 11lbs current weight 10st 7lbs goal weight. At the beginning of January this year (2012) I went to the Dr to ask to be referred to slimming world. I had to be weighed and measured. I had lost an inch in height, down to 5'5", and gained several stone to be 21st 3lbs. Two weeks later, after a lovely episode of stomach flu, I turned up to my first slimming world meeting, my first real attempt to lose weight and I was 20st 3lbs. Thank you stomach flu! My first week's loss was 2.5lbs and my best ever loss to date is 4lbs. So if anyone is at the beginning of their journey thinking "I only lost 3lbs and everyone else loses so much more their first week" do not fret, just plod on. I was faced by people who lost 9lbs and 6lbs in their first and second weeks (they joined the week before me). Now I am 4 stone 8lbs down so there is something to be said for the plodder.

I am 25. I will be 26 on the 28th of December, which will be my group's post xmas weigh in day! I have a little boy called Nate/Nathaniel/monster who has just turned 20 months. He is very bright, very funny, and very clingy. And I am currently a stay at home mum. Thankfully for Nate as he will cry and run after me if I leave the lounge to go into the kitchen!

Goals and Achievements

Goals are great! My consultant says losing weight without a goal is like playing football without goals, you just run around in circles not knowing what to do. I started off with 9 stone 12lbs to lose, although if you work out from the Drs weight it is 10 stone 10lbs to lose, which meant I had more to lose than what my goal weight would be. AN ENTIRE PERSON. Ye gods! Far too scary. So I just focused on each half stone on my way to getting my club 10. When that was achieved my PAT was still so far away and scary. I knew that if I could lose 2 stone 1lb (my 10%) then I could lose 2 stone again. So my next goal was to get total loss of 4 stone 1lb. This took much longer, and when i hit it I felt I hadn't earned it (it came after a bad week) so in true mad duck style I sabotaged myself. With a lovely 2.5lb gain. I stuck to plan and it was back off the next week, this time I felt I deserved the award and I have started plugging away to my 4.5 stone award. which I got today (yipee!) It now means I have achieved my club 10 and my first interim goal. Now I've lost 4 stone 1lb surely I can lose 3 stone 4lbs right? Making my second interim target 7 stone 5lbs (which sounds plain scary) it is 2 stone 11lbs away (much less scary and far more do-able).

The interim targets are great, but I like to break it down into even smaller chunks of the half stone awards, and further down again into just a couple of lbs.

1lb - 65lbs total
1lb - 15st 9lbs (lbs in single digits)
2lb - 15st 7lbs
2lb - 70lbs/ 5 stone award (15st 5lbs)
1.5lb - 25% of my weight lost!
3.5lb - BMI in Class obese (I)
2lb - 5 and a half stone award (14st 12lbs)

Today

So this brings us to today. Had an extra easy day.

Weigh in
b: clementine, mullerlight, banana
s: clementine, pear
l: frying steak, new potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms
d: pasta bolognaise... far too much. felt stuffed.
s: HEB 2 rocky road hifi bars and 13 syns kitkat chunky peanut butter flavour.

Wednesday's food is always a bit wonky, if I don't have a proper breakfast I end up eating too much during the day.

Roll on tomorrow :)

Hi Fran, just reading through your diary (& here to subscribe too!) but your comment about other peoples's big losses has really struck a cord with me. I feel a bit like that at the moment, my losses have been small, although I am only 4 weeks in but your progress & losses do go to show that it will come off if you persist & don't give up or get disheartened. I think my body is a bit slow on the uptake!

Oh minky save yourself the time I wouldn't worry with reading it! I did feel very similar to yours though (minus the OH ;) ) it was quite funny. Until you became miss exercise nut that is ;)

Thanks brit. I only get them on offer. I am putting the summer fruits ones in the sotw basket each week now. I love the special k chewy delights, and the Apple and sultana alpens

I gained 1lb this week and I am f*cked off. It seems it doesn't matter if I am 100%, add in success expess, red and green days, if I am under syns, anything! So I'm having today off plan ("hello butter") to stop myself from getting really annoyed at sw and screwing up the whole week. If I deserve a gain I will gladly take it, but when others eat sh*t and lose and I'm completely on it it's like a kick in the teeth! This is one afternoon to prevent it being one week. And it isn't a binge until I am sick either because that's no fun.

bless my mum, she gave me a call just now to see how I was getting on. knows i'm PMSing (my face gets covered in spots every month!!!) and was lovely. I told her what i've had already but that that was it, back to normal now. she made me laugh with her cake-scapades! taking the fat off her bacon, eating only half her sausage, having a tiny bit of gentleman's relish and then eats cake.... and then shared another slice of cake with dad. haha. to be fair dad wanted to get the 6 cake selection thing so she did well!

My wadding arrived while I was out (hurrah) and I got a cheap (£2) embroidery kit from the charity shop so I can do a sample square practicing stitches. Then I used some of the vouchers my brother sent for my birthday in WHSmith on a new sketch pad and some coloured fineliners :)

Nate is still napping! he should be up soon, and mr tesco should be here soon so I can get started on dindins. Just read through the new magazine and there are some yummy sounding new recipes. I think this week's burgers might get changed to be the bloody mary burgers, they sound awesome... I am right in thinking I then get to have a shot of vodka on the side yes? (it might fall into a diet coke!)

Banana, yogurt, pear

2 chocolate coins (3), 2 mini Easter bunnies (6 how fab are they?), chocolate 7

Teacake(8), 4 slices of fruit toast (4.5 syns each=18!) and butter 1tbsp (5.5)

Campfire stew: potato 2 sausages (2 syns), beans, onion, pepper, tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic,

I should add that wasn't had all in one go or in that order!

49.5 syns total. I figure no hea, heb and not having the planned lunch it isn't the worst thing ever. No room left at all either! I have 55.5 left for the week still as well. Which is 9.25 each day left. Sweet.

Sorry to hear about the gain :( always mega frustrating when you can't see any actual fault in what you've eaten and have no explanation. All I can say is sometimes it just happens... Probably not what anyone wants to hear but I do see it so often at WI. People gain and are flabbergasted because they have been on plan to a T. Bodies are what they are and will do what they do. I know it doesn't change your result or make you feel better but don't let it get you down, let it make you more determined ;)

As for the fruit loaf... Nom! I love a bit of fruit loaf. Got some soreen in the cupboard, not the same without butter tho! Xx

Texty, it sucked. :/

Yep, mum's line "it's not linear" is true but so infuriating. It isn't the soreen fruit loaf stuff. I adore that but if it was in the house I'd scoff the lot with loads of butter. This is like fruit teacake but in a loaf. The warburtons is orangey too and so lovely. It is for the bambino though now I have half scoffed it. Thankfully not hungry this evening yet, I do still have my a and b choice if I need it post sugar/bread gate. Cheese and onion roll? Hmm.....

Sorry to hear your WI sucked hun. As Minky says sometimes theres no rhyme or reason why especially when you know you have been on plan. We have all had weeks like that and its pants :-(

Hoping the week ahead is a good one for you x

yeah, it's just it coming so close to the other one, **** week, great week, **** week :(

But my wadding came today so i have been busy stuffing my squares and sewing up the ends so that I can sew in a blanket stitch and start crocheting. Hopefully it should all be ready for Nate birthday. Maybe I'll even have the embroidery done by then. Going to back it onto a canvas board and it can go up in his room :)

Back