How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hi Fran, just popping in to say hello, hope you're well. I see you've got a new house, great news hope you're getting all settled in :) XX

Hey, thank you guys. Just had to buy a new washing machine as mine died and flooded the kitchen. Another expense I didn't need :(

Re the job, i think I would be great at it, but they have listed being a Christian as a requirement :( which sucks. I have done my cv, I just need to write a covering letter. Interviews start on the 10th, applications need to be in by the 2nd.

I've had the past few days not fully on plan. I think after going full pelt towards my 6 stone I just needed a little breather for a couple of days. Not been awful though, just a bit more relaxed so I should get a loss

Aww that sucks about the washing machine :-(

Good luck with your covering letter and for WI tomorrow, sure you will get a loss :)

Missed you. Good luck with the job and WI.

Thanks guys. I'm still without internet and don't want to drain my phone as I have no landline active yet (stupid sky).

Emily rose, I usually mostly do extra easy but I'm doing mostly green at the moment due to funds being drained moving.

Lolling at the too many breather weeks. My last week off was Xmas and I was binging on crap. I haven't gone crazy this time bit I am feeling pretty run down these past few days too. Aunt flo isnt too far away I don't think, and with moving, a gas leak and a broken washing machine it has been a little bit stressful I guess.

Scarlet loving your lentil loaf, but I added a spoon of curry powder to mine. Mmmm. I'm making it for the taster tomorrow so thank you :) Nate really enjoys it too, which makes life easier!

Hopefully I will be back regularly soon and I will be able to catch up.

Oh, I know no one has applied for the job yet and one of my churchy friends has spoken to the vicar and the current admin lady about me. It just sucks, if it was a vacancy in a secular job they couldn't say "atheists only". I'm hoping to work the c of e school, the studying philosophy of religion, going to the churchy toddler groups my way, and highlight although I'm jot a practicing Christian I believe it has it's place still, and it is very relevant in village communities such as ours, and I do hold values that are akin to Christian values but I hold them as my own rather than as a group of values I've adopted as part of my faith. Here's hoping the unwed single mother won't kick my arse too. Haha. I should just disregard the whole thing as a lost cause but I am stubborn. I'll try to work the ******* child into being a good thing if it comes up. I could be highlighting the positive, inclusive, accepting modern face of the church, which would make more non-christians open to coming to their events rather than feeling like they wouldn't be allowed, would be judged, or would be preached at.... I will try to work it somehow. Good job my degree is in bullsh*t!

I think you'd be brilliant suited to that job. Lets hope you get it.

You have had a lot of stress so you've done so well not to have fallen off the wagon completely.

Hi hun, thanks. I was +1lb this week, then aunt flo flew in half an hour ago which explains the crappiness. Every month I forget! Saw some old faces at group, and one woman's granddaughter didn't recognise me, which is lovely! People were a bit excited at my wearing jeans, so funny but it is because I'm usually in dresses.

Nsv - my fat people belt will have to be chucked out. These came with some jeans at my biggest and the belt didn't even meet up when I put it on round my hips. Now my only jeans that fit need to go in the wash, so I brought some others with me, plus this belt I found whilst unpacking yesterday. I put it on and put it on the smallest hole and it was still loose. A mazing.

And I won the raffle again. Woo woo. It did look like a fix as I was selling the tickets today because no one else did it and someone asked if there was a raffle. Thankfully someone else picked the numbers out and the lady next to me yelled "it is you!!!" An onion, leak, potatoes, big mushroom, orange, jazz Apple, massive cabbage, red pepper and broccoli. Score.

Lol at your group. It seems like a lovely class. Boo to the gain but I'm the grand scheme of things 1lb gain isn't bad considering Aunt Flo, the move and stress of your week.

What a great NSV. The belt being too big, that's an amazing feeling hun, so well done.

It's great you won the raffle too, more bits for your cupboards. You are having some luck recently, lets hope it continues with the job :)

Yep, it is a good group mostly. One of mums friends must have realised I know what they have said about me as she was brown nosing a lot today. I was polite back as usual, just wondering if it is because she is sorry she said it, sorry I found out or sorry she is stuck with the bitter hate-filled people.

Mum and I do win the raffle a lot, I only ever buy one ticket so it isn't like I stack the odds. One woman bought 4 off of me today, and quite a few bought 2.

My Christian friend has told me someone has applied, it closes on the second though so there is still time. She also said to say I am finding god.... Umm... Yep, there he is, under the sink! I don't think I should lie, I don't like liars, I can just use what ive got to the best of my abilities, and at the very least I will have an up to date cv and covering letter I can tweak as I haven't done either in over 4 years. I just get frustrated that I hate lying and liars, and yet someone else, who is a christian is not only advocating it, but suggesting it as a means to get what I want, and to the employers she would seem a more suitable candidate.... Other than she has no admin experience and stuff. I'm so obsessing now. Gah.

Glad you found god under the sink lol. I don't agree with lying either hun it's not the best way to start a working relationship but its obvious you don't have a problem with religion, as such otherwise you wouldn't go to church toddler group.

Hi Fran nice to see you catching up love. Boo on the washing machine front and more spends. Sorry you gained this week, but Adelle is right you have had a lot of stress going on lately. Bloody Aunt Flo turning up too why cant she effing emigrate or summat.

Hi hun, not very Christian of that person to advise you to lie! You do what you think is best, I know most people would appreciate the honesty and look at your application for who you are and what you will bring to the role rather than what you believe but I know it doesn't always work like that. I hope they do what's right though and not disregard you for being honest!

Boo to aunt flow, what a b*tch!
Washing machine also sounds like a right rugger, hope the rest of the house is all good and you are feeling at home.
Missing you x

Hope Aunt Flo is being kinder to you this month and there are no repeats of the liver knickers this month xxx

Hello my lovelies. I'm at mum and dad's house now, I've just sent my application off... this is my covering letter (i've taken out my address and phone number stalkers :p but it is in the application)

Dear Carol Linsley,

Your job vacancy as Church administrator caught my attention because I am enthusiastic about administration and have been actively searching for a part time administration position. I am currently seeking to return to the work place after having time out to focus on raising my son and becoming healthier. The Church administrator role appeals to me because of my administration experience in other industries and I believe that effective administration can lead to the rest of the company/organisation running smoothly. I try to live my life following Christian values, more so now I am a mother, and I attend Uplyme’s Shining Stars play and pray group. To work in an environment promoting these values in an administrative role seems to be an ideal coupling for the next stage in my life.

You are seeking a person with a welcoming disposition and with an excellent personal and conversational manner, skills which I have developed in my personal and professional life. Whilst performing direct sales with Marketing Enterprises, customer services at the Co-Operative, Lyme Regis and Esso Ring service Station, Norwich, and answering calls and meeting guests at Beech Grove House Bed and Breakfast, Uplyme I was able to cultivate my interpersonal skills allowing people to feel at ease in my company quickly. In each of these roles I have been a member of a larger team, sometimes with disparate and challenging personalities, whom I have been able to comfortably work alongside. During my time at Esso Ring Service Station I proved myself to be a person of honesty and integrity working my way up from an entry level customer assistant to a supervisor trusted with daily cash reconciliation, access to safes and high value products.

Your posting states you require an individual who has previous administrative experience. I acquired the majority of my administrative experience during my time as supervisor at Esso Ring Service Station. Where I regularly took on duties such as writing memos, writing rotas, managing staff holidays on the computer and paper diaries, placing stock and office orders, receiving and recording invoices and adjusting for any errors, daily cash reconciliation and SRS completion, reporting and recording repair and site maintenance issues and archiving paperwork monthly. During this time I used the computer and their programmes on a regular basis and I am comfortable with technology. Although I do not have experience with Apple Mac directly I am quick and eager to learn as made evident by obtaining both a NVQ level 2 in Wholesaling and Retailing via Protocol Skills and a BIIAB Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders whilst working for Esso Ring Service Station. During my time out of work I have been learning new skills in my hobbies and refreshing my Microsoft Excel knowledge. I am familiar with some internet-based technologies and have been a voluntary content creator for Loving Lyme Regis Facebook page for Mr Andrew Cooke throughout this past year.

I am excited to return to the workplace especially at the prospect of joining an organisation where I can utilize my existing administrative skills as well as having the opportunity to develop further professionally. Your vacancy appears to fit my experience, education and personality traits and I am eager to contribute to an organisation that holds such a significant presence in the village.
My CV, which is below, provides additional information on my background and qualifications. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Frances

That's fab fran you've got the job of writing any letter I need to write ever! :)
Seriously though I think you handled the Christian bit perfectly and read sold yourself.
I hope so much that you get the job. You deserve it and what a year it will be for you, reaching 6 stone loss (and way beyond!) getting a home for you and nate and the perfect job. Everything crossed for you xxx

Well I know the 10 key Christian values, such as honesty, giving time and material goods to those who need it, not being a hypocrite etc, which are values I try to follow anyway, the only difference is I do it more from an existentialist point, rather than a religious point. Considering religions are forms of existentialism before existentialism it's all gravy.

I spend a lot of time playing mahjongg and solitaire writing letters like that. Haha. Culture, Politics and Philosophy degree means you can argue quite well. SOOO nervous now it is sent. I got my mum to read it and the only change she made was to point out the petrol station is in Norwich and the Co-Op in Lyme Regis.

The sun is out and I am seeing my churchy friend this afternoon. Taken the full pack of LM ROAR sausages, some BGTY sausages and some pork chops out of mum and dad's freezer to bring home (the roar and pork I bought) and I need to get the frozen green beans too. Just waiting for them to get back before I go. Mum was going to chuck out a jumper but it will be perfect to make into a cushion so I've got that too. :) Popped round to my new neighbour's house to let them know they can use my lawnmower and extension cord. I know they lived in a flat before now and had no garden, so that'll save another immediate expense for them. They're a lovely family. so far so good. Only rubbish thing is I was going to switch gas and electricity companies but I did bring my Gas number with me. Silly me.

Back