How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Oh yes you were really busy but I know the feeling when you make lots of progress and it all looks neat!
Hate that hungry feeling....and then you prowl about looking for 'something'!! If it's the evening I usually drink water and suck a couple of sugar free polos and tell myself it's almost bedtime!! :D

Thanks patty. I know I did loads! I even pruned and weeded my little patch out front after I got Nate to bed. Done the washing up and given Nate's chair and desk a real good scrub. Got to finish tidying the lounge and then I really need to do an online shop.

My little room is cute. I have some curtains i need to hem and put up, I've already painted and put up some shelves yonks ago. I've not put down any flooring in their yet. Thankfully it is currently covered in loads of stuff! One day it'll be my little craft room! I was thinking when he is at school too. I only work 16 hours so I could work in the mornings and craft/clean in the afternoon. You'll have to get a wee room of your own :) it's written as a store room on the plans, but it is big enough for a wee office. Not big enough for a bed though, so it can't count as a 3rd bedroom. Next door is still grumpy about it. Tee hee.

How were your potatoes? Ours were great and Nate was so proud we were eating what he had grown. We've a couple of strawberries ready soon which will have him dancing.

Good idea Janet, I try to busy myself. Got to pause on Nate's quilt to get the baby ones done before September!

I had half a syn of ketchup with dinner so on 1.5 for the day and still got my hea to use too.

Was a bit dizzy this morning so had a banana and apple, couldn't stand and cook right away. Later this morning I had onion, tomato, egg, beans, bacon and sausages 1syn. Just had an early dinner of roast chicken, roast (home grown) potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stuffed the chicken with a couple of shallots, half a lemon and some home grown thyme. Had a yogurt and strawberries for pud.

Been cleaning and sorting so much that the vac has either overheated or blown a fuse. Lol. Was going to walk to mum and dad's but Nate is knackered and needs a wee nap I think.

Nasty dizziness! I get it if I stand up too quickly which is not good when I have to shelve books on the bottom shelf! Sometimes I have to hang on to something until the world stops revolving but it's happened for so long that it doesn't worry me anymore.

Breakfast and lunch sound very tasty! Were you able to get out for your walk?

I generally get it if very tired and I didn't sleep well the night before. Still annoying though!

We didn't go on our walk. He really was utterly exhausted. So he had a nice big nap and I got some babyboy snuggles. Yummy. The vac had overheated so I was able to finish and now all of downstairs is properly clean and tidy and lovely and a bit rearranged. I was cleanibg walls, banisters, doors and door handles too. Lovely lovely big clean.

So official weigh in day and drum roll please..... I lost a lb. Which is 2.5lb less than yesterday. I like keeping a daily check and I'm glad i don't let it get to me. 100% proof you fluctuate daily. :) I'm now 10.5lbs down in 4 weeks. 3.5lbs in 3 weeks to go to hit my goal.

Yay to weight dropping - you're on a roll and should reach your target! I'm a daily scale hopper and I've long since learned not to be worried by daily fluctuations but I'm religious about only taking serious note of the 'official' WI measurement. Even now, at maintenence, my weight can vary by several pounds from day to day, so it's pretty annoying if the official one is higher than the day before's, but I feel better for knowing that the scales showed a lower weight albeit not on the right day!

Gosh - what a lot of Body Magic in all that cleaning and rearranging! I hope Nate's back to his normal self - I miss those snugglely cuddles now that DD is all grown up; they are such a special time.

Hi Fran, well done on the loss. You will hit your goal, no problem at all x

Hi Fran well done on the lovely loss hun. If your not busy you can come spring clean for me lol - wow super duper body magic too x

Hi guys. Bit by bit! Done about half an hour of walking today. Sheila you can clean your own house! It's partly just because i was just doing little tidying ups and little cleans so stuff was building up. I've picked out some wallpaper i like.well, I happened upon it, I was planning on just painting. Then i remembered seeing it elsewhere and it was the same but even cheaper :D now I'm just debating the colour to paint the walls. There's one I like but mum thinks it will be too dark, then she went online and found the paper I like comes in different colour ways. Hmm hmm hmm. She agrees pink in the kitchen will look great :) mum has a great eye. Her home has been featured in house beautiful magazine so I like to run my ideas past her.

Ooh. Complained to sainsburys about repeatedly getting items on a Sunday night that are out of date the next day with no note of short dates. Got a reply today saying short dates only apply to items going out of date that day and here's a £10 voucher. Feel like replying saying thanks for the voucher but that's not why I complained and can you please change your policy, ordering long life bread for the very difference that it is long life that then goes out of date in 4 hours is short date, if it had gone out of date that day then it is practically out of date if you book evening deliveries. The temptation to point out Tesco has minimum dates for stuff, e.g. bread will be 3+ days and milk 4+ days and if it is fewer than that then they make a note of it and put said short date items in a bag so they are easily identified, checked by the customer and returned when suitable. Stupid sainsburys.

Also forgot to update todays food:
B: fruit and yogurt - rush
S: leftover hamburger... just the patty, homemade 0syn. II'm so classy
L: jacket spud, beans and salad
D: chicken and veg risotto.

Been using my hea on milk in tea. Got a heb and syns left. Might nom myself a chewy delight bar for a heb maybe use 2 syns on hot choc with the rest of my hea and a twirl for 9 syns (multipack) chocolatey goodness

Had the twirl and chewy delight but skipped the hot chocolate for another cup of tea.

Pfft, got friends hating on my awesome style. Not phased at all. One is a bit chavvy and a bit safe and the other is a sheep. I'll link up my pintrest boards tomorrow. My problem is I love the £148 per roll and the £57 p2m stuff :( I also love the £8 a roll stuff too so that's good. Money no object i would totally get the other stuff. also although this is our home I don't own it and I'm so mean I'd be steaming the paper off to reuse!

I have a necklace i love, and waited to get it in the sale because i knew no one else would buy it because it's just too crazy. Every time I wear it I get loads of compliments because it is fabulous but people are just too scared to be different. So I thwart my naysayers and hold dear my crazy wallpaper because I'm awesome! Seriously it is great, it's for the downstairs loo and is covered in loads of loos. <3 it!

I think I might hold off the pink flamingos in the kitchen just for now though...

It doesn't sound as though Sbos has grasped your basic point. Throwing money at the problem doesn't solve it and, for what it's worth, sending items on an evening delivery with a use-by date of the next day, suggests to me that it may be (whisper it quietly for fear of libel/slander or whatever) company policy. I don't like S very much as fruit, veg & bread from there never seems to last as long as from other places. Having said that, I'm going there tonight because I like their frozen finely chopped veg; when you use chopped onion, carrots & celery as a base for so many things, it's handy to have some ready-done. Perhaps email them back and tell them that until they have a similar policy, you'll stick with Tesco's?

I like the sound of the loo wallpaper and pink flamingos in the kitchen - very swish. I know what you mean about the property being your home but not your own, but I wouldn't let it stop you from decorating it as you want. Afterall, as long as you pay the rent and are not anti-social the HA can't turn you out, can they? You're in for the long haul unless you chose to move and are you likely so to do? (I'm in the same situation, but I'm a bit cagey about saying so because too many people only know of the stereotypes which are unfair on many of us in HA properties. Your property sounds palatial in comparison to our's which was also brand new when we moved in nearly 11 years ago. I've always said that it's not suitable for anyone who likes to do anything other than watch TV!).

I do like a lot of their stuff- I think it varies store to store. It is a bit more expensive but you think you are getting better quality. Honestly getting long life bread that goes out of date in 4 hours is beyond ridiculous. Glad it's not just me.

Oh this is our home long term, I'm still not buying crazy expensive wallpaper! I'm pretty sure I'm going for the "orange" butterfly wallpaper in the lounge with blue grey walls. It sounds revolting but I will put up the pictures so you can see it's nice! And I'm quite confident I'll go for the loo wallpaper in the loo. I have picked out some others but I always think the downstairs loo is where you can have fun and go a little "crazy". One of the flamingo wallpapers is contoured which I don't like, especially in kitchens. The kitchen will be pastel pinks, greens and blues. I have two genuine retro tea sets (one I've had for 10 years) and a tea tray and draining board that are pink too :D

I wouldn't worry about what people think hun. I certainly don't. Generally people don't know what to make of me. Single mum, works for the church, in HA home, has a 2:1 degree in culture, politics and philosophy, looks like a teenager. People can get a bit baffled. I just be me and if they have a problem it says more about them than it does me. More often than not people won't say anything to your face if they do have a problem and in that case I don't know about it so I really really don't care :)

I've a friend who is taking various things very personally and I pointed out that the issue was hers, not the other person's. They weren't making judgements on her, they were just living their life and she was making it about her. My poor friends, I'm nothing if not honest! I do try to make sure they know it comes from a nice place. Mostly I think we all worry so much about what other people think to just enjoy ourselves and be us. This is why I am happy to buy things other people think are hideous. Same with at uni I happily turned down drugs everytime. It ddidn't make any difference to my friends. .. generally they said I was crazy enough without them :/ mum gave me the confidence to like whatever i liked and not need to follow what other people did. This is part of the reason i was so pleased to hear how confident munchkin is. If I can keep this up hopefully he'll have the confidence in himself to turn down that rubbish.

Silly man was supposed to fix my vinyl today and hasn't shown up. We were going to go to a friend's but this man never turned up and the childminder kept Nate for longer. She took them to the animal sanctury today and he shared a teacake at a farm shop.

Food today
B: scrambled egg on heb toast, mini banana, necterine
S: apple
L: salmon and prawn sweet chilli (1 syn) pasta salad. Cherries
S: flat peach

Dinner is cooking now and is a yummy chicken curry. I'll do it with rice. It's got heaps of veg in it. Yum yum

Thanks for your words earlier - they made me think. It's as much a reflection of my own feelings (prejudices?) as anyone else's, together with being of the generation which generally has made a killing on their houses! All my friends own their own homes but given the prices these days many younger people, like my own daughter, are 'trapped' into renting. For me, it's the result of unfortunate circumstances - illness etc. - and I know I'm very lucky to have this property. I don't fit the stereotype either in that I also have a degree (earned from the OU whilst working) and encouraged DD to work hard and aim high which got her into a top-flight Uni, getting a good BA, followed by MA and is now doing a PhD all with the benefit of bursaries, scholarships etc. and she's still a few weeks short of her 24th birthday. You might be amused to know that her area of research is in welfare benefits and she despairs that the same stereotypes and phrases appear in both American and British politics and have done since such benefits began.

Totally love the wallpapers. I imagine the loos are from real designs of early flush toilets? Would you use the butterfly paper as a feature wall? The colours are fabulous and look stunning against the brown of the chair and the wooden furniture. You said your mother has got a good eye - I'd say you've inherited it.

Hey Patty, mum's always supported homeless charities and has always said it's because it takes just one moment for everything to change. I'm sorry to hear about your ill health. It's easy to compare ourselves with our peers, but everyone is different and they all have their own paths to follow. You could say that your circumstances prompted your daughter to work so hard in her chosen field :) I will totally be picking your brain on the bursaries in future years. Nate came out with "chickens come from dinosaurs" can't work out if he is being a bit dim or exceptionally bright!

I think the loos are early designs, with maybe a bit of artistic license! That will go on all walls and the butterflies will be a feature wall with pale blue/grey on the others

Stupid Asthma has been playing up more again recently and I dunno why. Might actually have to get off my bum and get my inhaler!

Evening Fran ..... I loveeeeeeeeee both wallpapers hun. The butterfly one is gorgeous and your colour scheme sounds fab.

You could have been typing exactly what my sis always says, she couldnt care less what people say/think as long as she and her family are happy they can all sod off. She's never been one for keeping her mouth shut and says whats on her mind without thinking first.

I am more reserved I have to say and probably do worry what others think, thats what makes us different even though were flesh and blood lol. x

Back