How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Sorry - I wasn't clear. It wasn't my ill-health but OH's (and he's 22 years older than me)! I don't think I'll be much help with bursaries because things have already changed from when Alice went to Uni 6 years ago. She went to Cambridge and as our income was so low her maintenance grant was matched by a Cambridge bursary so she was actually well off plus got extra money for trips and books. I'm always saddened when people are put off applying to Oxbridge because of it's reputation, but Alice encountered very little snobbery - students knew that you got there because of your brains, not because of connections.

From what you've said about Nate, there is no way he is dim! I'd say he's extremely bright and very well-behaved.

Ahh, sorry, I got mixed up. get your hubby the cradlesnatcher! It's a relief knowing there are bursaries that's for sure! I had a couple of friends at oxbridge and they were fine. I think you are usually just working too hard to be judging everyone. hehe.

He has his moments. He was playing up not wanting to eat dinner. then he was flicking it around the kitchen. He got warned if he didn't stop he'd go in the corner. He ended up in the corner! then he went for a wee, came up to me and said he'd eat dinner nicely, gave me a big hug and said sorry for misbehaving :) He's coming to work with me tomorrow, thankfully it is just 2 hours. It's a bit crazy though... got 3 funerals in, no vicar and loads of people on holiday. eep. got a wedding on Saturday too but that's all in hand. I want to FINALLY finish off all the H&S stuff and I wanted to whip the website a bit more and just get everything fresh ready for the September onslaught running up to Christmas DOOOM. At least I have a vicar this year! haha.

Tummy was rumbling 15 minutes ago... it's now filled by a blt using my heb and half a syn of mayo got 9 syns of choc choc next to me and that's me done :)

Working tomorrow, then exeter shopping on Friday followed by exeter to see my wee nieces on Saturday. It's Alyssa's birthday on Friday so it's nice to get to see her so close to her birthday. her present arrived today so that's good. I think we're taking them to the museum - I know Nate and Alyssa like it there (I dunno if Amber has been) and then take them for an early tea. I'm still going in on Friday to go shopping with Nate (and maybe mum) because there is no chance I'm taking those girls shopping. They both run off, Alyssa thinks she is allowed to have whatever she wants and Amber whines and throws tantrums. Nate gets grumpy when he's hungry and he hates the haberdashery shop but other than that he likes going shopping. He's looking forward to getting his feet measured. He's such a funny duck. Kinda nice to think I'm 10.5lbs lighter than last time we went, a lot of bloating has gone too. He makes me laugh giving his opinions on things I pick out. He said he needs some new clothes, apparently he wants a pirate t shirt, a pirate jumper, pirate trousers and pirate socks. LOL. He does need some new stuff before he starts looking like a shipwrecked pirate! Last time we went everything was age 2-3 or 5-6 years.

Oh dear - sorry you're feeling urgh and hope you're better for your trip tomorrow. Not surprised you don't want to take the girls shopping - they sound a nightmare in that situation and not the sort of influence you want around Nate!

Great that you're lighter than last time you went!

Glad you had a lovely time. Hope you've feeling a bit less shattered now. A pound is a funny amount - it's small enough just to be the result of a bit of extra food and resulting water retention rather than 'fat' weight, so I don't take too much notice of it.

I've had a break too. Totally unplanned and was the result of a day out on Saturday with too many extras and feeling blue on Sunday for some unknown reason which just made me eat and eat and eat. I can't decide whether it was eating rubbish which made me feel miserable or being miserable which made me eat rubbish. Either way, I *think* I'm back on the wagon - I managed a day on plan yesterday - but I'm still not back to normal. Hope whatever it is sorts itself out soon, because this so isn't me.

I braved the scales this morning - usual WI day is Sunday - and I've gained 3lbs in a week. Now that is an amount I need to take notice of!

I think a couple of days back to normal and you'll feel better/ more confident :) it can be a misery cycle. Did you have a nice day on Saturday?

I was showing plus one since Tuesday so I wasn't too worried. I had a cup of tea and forgot to wee preweigh today and showed up another one, weed and was back to yesterday's which I'm hoping means I'll get on well this week. Bit of a funny day.

B: banana and half a necterine
L: egg sandwich heb+1 syn, lettuce, cucumber, yogurt and pear
S: small bowl of lentil veg soup

We have the beginnings of a cucumber growing :) it's taken a while!

Kicked work's butt today! It kept trying to beat me. Got all my funerals 100% sorted, just taking the cash out to pay people tomorrow, got a speaker for November 9th, finished sorting out costs for the new alter cloth and compiled a doc for past 4 carols by candlelight and another list of local groups and organisations and their "heads" to chose the readers from. I also did more work on the website etc and a few phonecalls and visits and emails and general work guff. I love ticking jobs off though.

Got more wallpaper samples coming soon. Weee :)

Dinner was chicken wrapped in bacon with sw chips and carrots, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and green beans! Some veg was left over from yesterday. I got it out of the fridge and Nate started stealing the sprouts.... cold. He's so weird. He eats his veg before his meat. I know no other kid like that! He is obsessed with chips though. I think we need a chip rest! Thinking lunch will be the rest of the veg lentil soup (sorry loo) and maybe mac n cheese for tea... oh! And if I have a veggie breakfast it's a green day! Mmm double healthy extras! I'm thinking berries in porridge heb1 hea1

Tonight i had chocolate 9 syns. Making 10 for today. I repaired a canvas bag that broke when I got it over a year ago. It took 2 minutes! And I've drawn out and pinned together the squares for my friend's baby's quilt. Tomorrow I'll sew the squares then cut them up! Then sew the triangles, cut from the squares into chevrons (zigzag) then I just need some fleece to back it with :)

Debating doing some handmade gifts this year. The girls would be some unicorn soft toys and maybe fairies if I have time. Dad would be a lovely hat, scarf set, I think navy blue flecked with white. One brother I could do a man sachel in marvel or reteo fabric. Mum - far too many options. Brothers' girlfriends could be a jewelry roll, one likes anything pretty and kitchy so there are a lot of options. Nate will have his sodding giant quilt. My other brother I'm a bit stuck on... I'll get Nate some normal gifts too. Damn work making my think of Christmas in august - it's the only way we can start getting plans ready so we can work up to it in time. It does mean I get distracted. Plus if I want stuff handmade i need to start planning , designing and making now. ... I might go down the easy purchase route! Buying stuff is usually bloody cheaper too!

You are too organised! Can't believe you are planning Christmas already! The handmade gifts sound wonderful though and you are right they do work out more expensive than buying. The commitment to making them is vast too. Sounds lovely though x

I agree with Anju!

I find if I start thinking of lots of things to do I tend to feel overwhelmed and end up not doing anything - I really need to get myself organized and prioritorise things. I like crafting but have a grasshopper mind and one idea leads to another and so I start procrastinating instead of doing!

More wallpaper samples! Exciting!

Phew! Just done another big clean. Didn't do any at the weekend. Had to remove stupid bity spiders. They are my friends until they start with the biting. Then they've got to go!

Did some work with my tiny helper, then came home to get Nate's mac and little sandwich, then we stopped at the shop for change and a freddo for young sir for being such a gppd helper at wprk. Freddos are now 25p! Bus to town to meet mum and her friends gave him 2 biscuits, then Hattie who works at the cafe gave him a chocolate heart, then one of mum's friends gives Nate £2 for an ice cream! He's thankfully leapt around and biked it off!

We got some shopping and wandered round town then dad dropped us home, I had the last of my veg and lentil soup while Nate burned off crazy sugar hit outside. Later he did a poo outside on the step?! Add in his cutting a hole in his jimjams and scratching the wall in his room I'm hoping he is going through a development jump. He has had a change in routine but it isn't like him. We'll get there. That wasn't all today btw!!

Got some more samples arrive today. Just waiting for 4 more to come then I need to make my final decisions and get started! Eep.

All my squares are pinned ready for me to sit amd mindlessly sew tonight in front of bake off!

Food
B: porridge heb, berries,
S: only had 30g reduced fat cheese, nearly a hea! A banana
L: veg and lentil soup

Dinner will be mac n cheese hea. I think I need to hide the sprouts for our bottom and noses sake! Nate tried to eat raw cabbage in Tesco! Savage.

All being well I'll cut the grass tomorrow it's getting a bit wild!

In scales news I'm back to 17st 6.5Lbs. Roll on being back out of the 17s. It's nice to be on plan and not feeling the pressure. It meant I could relax when we were out on Friday and Saturday, Persian food, fish and chips (half a small portion, still sensible), and pizza. We got 2 big ones for 3 adults and 2 kids. Alyssa said she didn't like pizza - princess phase that's lasted a few years already! I got a cracking picture of her looking jealously at the pizza. She ended up leaving most of her meal. Amber tried some "leaves" because Nate did but she didn't want to entertain seafood other than prawns, or the capers. Nate savaged everything! He tried pickled turnip on Friday and loved it. He's so weird!

I'm only in the beginning stages of thinking about stuff so I'm not that organised! I have sorted work's tree and advent ring. Haha

Was having a good day at work until stupid church warden came in. Grr. Apparently she has asked the vicar to prioritise my work for me. Said "well you were asked to!" When I said I hadn't spoken to st petrocks about what they'd like from us for harvest. Had to tell her I asked them too early last year and they couldn't give me lists until about September. She came out with some other **** and I just smiled and said yes. Oh I wanted to tell her to stfu. Taking a Friday off isnt good because of the run up to Sunday. Well hooty toot I had a wedding on Saturday too but it was all sorted before i took the day off. Any fancy that I prioritised it myself! And apparently talking to people isn't right, I must say hello then tell them I must do my work. Must remember not to walk the 80+ year old down the path to her taxi in a thunder storm. Must tell her I have work to do. Must tell the bereaved woman arranging flowers for her husband's funeral that it sucks she needs someone to sit with her, I have work to do. Sorry old lady who's done loads for the church who has bad knees not responding to treatment, can't get out or do much, is getting depressed and counts getting groceries as a social event, who won't ask for help, I can't chat to you for 20 minutes after you have made the effort to come in to do the church laundry, I have to do my work. Oh and sorry vicar, I know you've had an argument with the curate and you are visibly upset, but my job is only to rearrange the rota to make sure the curate's slots are covered, not anything else. Silly woman doesn't realise part of my job is pastoral. Hence needing to be crb checked. She's no idea of the work I do and tells me that everything is wrong and not good enough. Well I sorted 3 funerals with no vicar, no wardens, pa people all working, on holiday or minding grandchildren, my organist being on holiday until today and no treasurer to pay them all. And you know what? I got it all sorted. First funeral is going on now second is tomorrow morning. I've been organising the finances coming in so that the treasurer can order them easily when he got back. As well as evrrything else. And, forgive me, taking ONE day off. Asshat.

And breathe!

Bloomin' heck - you could have done without that! It sounds like a church warden with an over-estimated sense of self-importance - a jobsworth. If the vicar's happy then I'm sure you're doing absolutely nothing wrong and an awful lots that's right.

Congratulations on the scales BTW - you stand a good chance of smashing your target for the month.

I had to laugh at Nate's pooping on the doorstep! It was clearly too much effort to go to the proper place, the little monkey! It sounds as though he charms everyone which must be lovely for you.

Scales this morning say 17st 5lbs! Good scales. Good body. Fingers crossed things keep moving after a couple of slow weeks this is a great boost. 2 more lbs less than 17st 5lb and I'll hit my august target!

Brill news on the scale front chick well done - coming down nicely and you will hit that target no probs xx

Hi patty, pretty sure it's because i mentioned to the vicar that I can't be spending my Friday afternoons messing around with the chairs which is what the warden was making me do. I'll leave it for now. It's pretty well known if I did one they'd be buggered even just in terms of passwords! Everyone else is happy so I'm just going to dismiss it for now. Le vicar is finally back come Sunday. Phew. I really want to use tomorrow to get the first draft of the policy finished. I'm on the appendices at least! That way I'll have 3 big jobs ticked off before she meets with me next week.

The outside poop was from the balcony from the lounge on the steps down to the garden. He left the lounge and went down the stairs, it'd have been easier to go to the loo! He cried today because i told him if he didn't behave I wouldn't put up the flamingo wallpaper. Ahaha. All my samples are in. Not going with butterflies in the lounge now. I'm trying to pick between two. Definitely flamimgos in the kitchen. Absolutely fabulous! A friend in London has demanded to know where it is from for her London flat and that she wants pictures when it's done. She's very stylised and is setting up her own cashmere business so that was a surprise.

I'm pleased with the scales. Hope it wasn't a one off. Mum said you could see I'd lost weight which is nice. She's totally off plan and not doing sw at all so for her to recognise I am doing it when she's not is good. I could see it today at work. Mostly from my tum.

Foooood:
B: egg on heb toast, banana and apple
L: 2 paracetamol!
S: biscuit 4 syn
S: necterine and an egg
D: asian style pork curry and rice stuffed with veg
S: chocolate 9 syns

High syns and a bit much egg but ok day. I had a stonking headache and felt crappy so didn't want lunch, just a rest. Had 2 cups of tea using my hea

Tomorrow's lunch will be leftover pork curry thing. Think breakfast will just be fruit and yogurt and dinner could be burgers heb, sw chips and veggies or salad.

Back