How will I know when I'm in ketosis?

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
Hi all, this is my second day and I'm so hungry, headachey, tummy rumbly and having cravings but sticking to TS and drinking all that water :) ... I have no keto-stix and am hoping I'll hit ketosis tomorrow, any signs that should help me identify it? x Any hints would be good!

I would say you'll know it because you don't feel hungry. You may still crave things as I believe that's more in the mind as opposed to hunger. Your headache may disappear too. Some people get a taste in their mouth, others get very cold as in can't warm up at all. Good luck, I hope the k fairy arrives soon xo

Not feeling hungry is all I want!!! The headachey feeling I can handle, I think it's carb withdrawal...I was someone who LOVED my carbs! Here's hoping the no-hunger thing comes soon x

I don't know if it's cause I wasn't feeling well yesterday (& still today) but I just kinda noticed that I hadn't had a pack so the hunger had gone without me realising. It shouldn't be too far away hun xo

Thanks Hadl86! Dying to get into ketosis, I have good willpower but not being in ketosis yet is making it harder to be happy about this diet! :) Still...hanging on in there and hoping I lose at least 5lbs for my first week x Not sure what I can expect but I'd be happy with that!

Hiya wicked...

My very first sign on ketosis was on day 5 when i woke up with worse breath than my 9 yr old staffy dog...i have a plethora of mouth washes to keep it at bay during the day now...My poor dentist on wednesday definately could smell it as he mentioned a change in my normal minty clean mouth lol... he laughed when i explained xxx

Well this would be the one time I'd be thankful for smelly breath!!! :) I think I might be easing into it today, Day 3, yesterday was horrific with headaches and hunger, feeling a bit better today, less hungry...fingers crossed x

i havent used the sticks which people say you can get but i got a horried tast in my mouth like i had used to much washing up liquid or something which i couldnt of as drinking ut of water bottle lol and i dont feel hungry anymore but i must admit i have got more moody my 3 year old can annoy me alot faster than normal lol

That's definitely ketosis MrsPage2b! Metallic taste in your mouth! You're there...stick with it now, onwards and downwards!!! x

Back