How will I know when I'm in ketosis?

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by wkdstepmum, 5 May 2011 Social URL.

1. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi all, this is my second day and I'm so hungry, headachey, tummy rumbly and having cravings but sticking to TS and drinking all that water :) ... I have no keto-stix and am hoping I'll hit ketosis tomorrow, any signs that should help me identify it? x Any hints would be good!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cloud*

cloud* Gold Member

I would say you'll know it because you don't feel hungry. You may still crave things as I believe that's more in the mind as opposed to hunger. Your headache may disappear too. Some people get a taste in their mouth, others get very cold as in can't warm up at all. Good luck, I hope the k fairy arrives soon xo

4. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Not feeling hungry is all I want!!! The headachey feeling I can handle, I think it's carb withdrawal...I was someone who LOVED my carbs! Here's hoping the no-hunger thing comes soon x

5. cloud*

cloud* Gold Member

I don't know if it's cause I wasn't feeling well yesterday (& still today) but I just kinda noticed that I hadn't had a pack so the hunger had gone without me realising. It shouldn't be too far away hun xo

6. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks Hadl86! Dying to get into ketosis, I have good willpower but not being in ketosis yet is making it harder to be happy about this diet! :) Still...hanging on in there and hoping I lose at least 5lbs for my first week x Not sure what I can expect but I'd be happy with that!

7. valentine

valentine miss yo yo

Diet:
    Exante
    Hiya wicked...

My very first sign on ketosis was on day 5 when i woke up with worse breath than my 9 yr old staffy dog...i have a plethora of mouth washes to keep it at bay during the day now...My poor dentist on wednesday definately could smell it as he mentioned a change in my normal minty clean mouth lol... he laughed when i explained xxx

8. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Well this would be the one time I'd be thankful for smelly breath!!! :) I think I might be easing into it today, Day 3, yesterday was horrific with headaches and hunger, feeling a bit better today, less hungry...fingers crossed x

9. MrsPage2B

MrsPage2B Full Member

Diet:
    Exante diet
    i havent used the sticks which people say you can get but i got a horried tast in my mouth like i had used to much washing up liquid or something which i couldnt of as drinking ut of water bottle lol and i dont feel hungry anymore but i must admit i have got more moody my 3 year old can annoy me alot faster than normal lol

10. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    That's definitely ketosis MrsPage2b! Metallic taste in your mouth! You're there...stick with it now, onwards and downwards!!! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.