Hows everyone doing today?

I dont think i have ever had a flat stomach either! not since i was about 17. My stomach looks like a let down balloon....ugh. It costs between £4,500 and £5,500. I got a lot of saving up to do! Hubby said he will help but you know what these men are like......

I,m completely the same as you. I was constantly eating all day, a biscuit and chocolate bar here and a bag of crisps there. Its an in built thing in me I'm sure cos I have done it for so long. I desperatly wanted to loose some weight but i couldnt motivate myself. Then something just clicked. BUT the closer i get to my target, the more picking i seem to be doing. I knew i would. Im trying really hard not to but i cant help it. Its a bad habit that im sttruggeling to stop. I have also started to bite my nails again which i havent done for over 5 years. heck this is so hard!

I have ordered some weight watchers scales this morning. I am hoping having some decent scales in the house might help me monitor my weight a bit better.

Dont feel bad. I know exactly how you feel. Its like the harder we try the harder it seems to be xxx

Thanks for that Rach, its somehow comforting to know theres some else in the same boat.

You are so close now, and have done so well, i know you can get this last 5 lbs off!!!

Keep up the good work and heres to a better weekend!

Hoping I haven't blown it for this weekends weigh in, got a little peckish yesterday after my evening class and... indulged.

I am an idiot. It's offical!
I have discovered the reason I am not loosing weight and it's an obvious one!

I have been mis-calculating my calories. That's right, I have been looking under the "per 100g" listing and thinking that it applies to the entire contents of whatever it is I'm eating. For example, my lowfat chocolate milk is listed as 82 calories per 100ml, so I thought the whole thing was only 82cals. Actually its 250ml and therefore it's 205calories. Now I've been doing this for EVERYTHING I have been eating. So easy to see where I'm going wrong. Back on track today (and it's my birthday, so no cake for me!). Should loose weight this time!

Such an idiot...

Hi All
ive not been on in ages! And unfortunatly im starting again. I put all my weight back on :-((((( GUTTED

But im trying to be positive and im gonna have another go. My motivation is high and i feel like i might be able to crack it this time.

We are going to go away in december so thats my target. I want to loose 30lb. But im in for the long haul!!!

Hows everyone else doing? xx

Wow you managed to find an old thread!

Welcome back, we have all been back and forth a couple of times. Hang on tight this time and we will try and keep you on.

Fancy joining us in the challenge this month.

I just did a davina work out. Not a hard one, just the post pregnancy one. I knew I was unfit, but OMG!!

I feel so hungry today, need to keep busy to keep my mind off it.

me and hubby just went out on our bikes for half an hour, my bike seat is like sitting on a flipping brick!! lol

Right... well I just typed a post and it seems to have vanished. I wish my remaining stone would follow suit. I have been on RC for two weeks. Official weigh-in tomorrow but I weighed today and have lost nothing this week. I lost 7 lbs in my first week though so am pretty pleased with that. I have a history of losing in chunks so as long as I lose something next week I'll be pleased. Due on so feeling extra hungry. I bought some frozen summer fruits and cherries from Morrisons and measured myself out 50 calories worth (you get a lot for that) and sat and picked at them. Eating them still frozen is a bit like eating an ice lolly, only nicer.

I must make an effort to vary my meals more. I tend to fall into the trap of having the same old meals over and over again. Am going to take a notepad to bed and try and come up with some alternatives. Sometimes I find it SO hard. I am sure it really is an addiction because (and I don't ever do this anymore) but at my fattest (20 stone 4lbs) I would literally get some kind of rush before eating. I would stop off at the supermarket on the way home from work (I worked shifts so would often have the afternoons to myself while my boyfriend was at work) and buy crusty bread, peanut butter, sausage rolls, crisps, popcorn, sweets, biscuits, chocolate etc. I would get SO excited about the prospect of eating it. I'd get in, lay on the sofa, turn the telly on and just gorge myself. At that time I also smoked and drank litres of Diet Coke, like I was trying to fill myself up in every way possible. Even know, I can look back and remember how much I enjoyed it. The one good think about being a commited fat person is not having to worry about your weight.

However, once I was full to bursting, I felt like ****. I felt deeply ashamed, depressed and tearful. I would think to myself, was it worth it? Mostly I'd say no. That defies logic. Why would anyone choose to do something harmful to themselves, whatever the lure, if they weren't addicted to it. It takes some beating but it IS possible even if it IS a daily challenge.

Hope you all have a good week, Juliet

Hiya,I only just joined here, but like you have lost it, put it on, lost again...perpetual dieter! I'm very aware of my age creeping up on me, and know that the decisions I make now could have serious consequences in the not-too-distant future. Good luck with it all, let's all make 'this time' really, really the one!

Hi Juliet and tiggerlet.

Juliet I kind of know how you feel. I could happily eat my way through a multi pack of crisps and huge amounts of chocolate. I would hide the evidence and then go on to eat a huge tea when hubby got home.

I'm behind you 100% tiggerlet, I'm getting to old to keep worrying about my weight. I need to totally change my eating habits and not keep 'dieting'

I'm totally committed this time!

Right Rachel, I am totally with you on the committed thing! For me, I have lost so much already that you would think this last stone of mine would be a breeze. Somehow though, I have lost my va va voom. I think it's because I feel 'normal' these days. I look normal, no-one would call me fat. (I have even had a breast lift and tummy tuck so feel really good about my body) but... I have been one stone less than I am now and I felt PROPERLY slim. I must get back there or I forever feel like I didn't quite succeed. Lets all have a great day! X

Yoghurt - Just wanted to say a big well done for being so honest on the thread. You have done so well loosing all the weight, do you mind if i ask how long it has taken you? Keep up the great work, you are doing an amazing job.

Omg I'd love a tummy tuck! I went to see a surgeon and everything last year but then got complacent and put all the weight back on. After 4 kids and slot of yo yo dieting my stomach is awful. My goal is 8 1/2 stone and for the same reason as you, I don't look perticulary over weight at the moment but I feel it in my own skin. I have been 8 1/2 stone before and I know I can be again so that's my ultimate goal.

And as Rebecca said you are doing amazingly well, stay positive and we'll be here with you 100%. I for one am not giving up this time!!!

Just been on a bike ride again......ooooh my bum hurts, will be worth it in the end, will be worth it in the end will be worth it in the end

lol Rachel, I once went to a Spinning class, emphasis on once. Most uncomfortable experience of my life so well done you for persevering! My friend is a Zumba instructor and I take money at her four classes every week so I also do four sessions. You would think it would make the weight fall off but it isn't. I definitely have increased stamina though so that's something.

Congratulations on four children, that is an accomplishement in itself! I have two German Shepherds and that is the closest I am to being a mum but they certainly think they're my children lol.

Rebecca, my weight loss journey has been punctuated by pauses, blips, binges etc but I managed it in stages. I would love to say I started a diet and sailed through to the end of it in one go but I didn't. I went from 20 stone 4lbs to about 18 and a half and fought to stay at that for a while, then I managed to get into the fifteens and again, struggled with that, going up and down but never going over sixteen. When I got into the 14's I was over the moon. I got to 13.13 one day and nearly collapsed with shock that I could even be under 14 stone. I met my other half then (been together ten years now) put a stone and a half on in the first three months of 'romance eating/drinking) then pulled my finger out and went from 15.6 to 11.6 in about a year. Since then I have been between 12 and 13. Now I am determined to be between 11 and 11.7 and as soon as I reach 11.7 the plan will be to go back to a fortnight of 1200 cals. Long story I know but you did ask lol.

All I know is that at my heaviest I felt powerless and pointless, like I would never get out of the trap of eating. I used to read diet mags and read the success stories and the common mantra 'if I can do it anyone can!' and used to think, 'ahh but you haven't met me' Now I know it's true.

Juliet X

Back