How'yall Doin?

Just lost my post

So the very abbreviated version.....
I went, (well prepared - two pairs of shorts, ltr bottle of water, clean towel):D
I cycled, (after having the embarrasment of having to take the instructor's bike 'cause the others were all taken):eek:
I re-booked for next week (I must be nuts:eek: )
My legs have just stopped shaking - I got home at 7.35pm

ONwards and DOWNwards:p

Helen, you'll not only lost lbs but tone up at the same time - you can't lose (or sit down!!!).

I meant what I said, I am enquiring tomorrow about spinning classes at our local leisure centre - I've got my gel removable seat and extra padded shorts!

Good on ya helen for going, was it a really good work out? Did you get to programme the bike for calories burned and all that? You are so brave.

:) I did kinda enjoy the class:confused:

I'm definately going again next week. :eek: The bikes don't have any programming, just a dial that you turn to increase the resistance.:rolleyes:

AmandaJayne, I hope you find a spinning class at your leisure centre - the only reason I got to go to a class was because the classes are part of the membership of the gym.

It was because of the encouragement I got from you folks on here that made me go tonight - so thanks :D I think:rolleyes:

Gotta go to bed now! The only reason I'm still up is I'm not sure I can manage the stairs (Our bedroom is in the attic)

Night all:)

:D Hi Happe

Actually, I'm very surprised that my legs aren't as bad as I thought they would be - but I am kna***rd! :rolleyes: I am glad I took the advice about the padding, my inside thighs would have been rubbed raw if I hadn't:eek:

:p No formal exercise for me tonight so I walked home from town with the groceries (one & a half miles).

Hope all's well with you - am just going to catch up with your thread:p

ONwards and DOWNwards:D

Well done on going :) i'm glad you went well prepared :D
You've put me to shame over my lack of exercise!! ;) Might have to dig out an exercise DVD later!

Kitty xxx

Hi All

AmandaJayne - Did you get the info about your local class:confused:
:eek: I really do enjoy sport & exercise, I'm just too big to be any good at it:sigh:

:cry: I snapped my achiles tendon playing netball about ten years ago and that's when my problems really started.

:eek: I had put on weight when I was carrying the twins & I never lost it. Once I snapped my tendon the weight just piled on and never came off:(

I decided that the only way I would NOT be able to make excuses for not going to the gym etc was to employ the services of a personal trainer. He's a good guy (even if he is young enough to be my son:eek: ) and he doesn't make fun of me - at least not to my face:rolleyes:

:mad: We completely disagree on the diet front - I want to SS and he thinks its a bad idea - then he's about seven stone lighter than me so if he keeps on about it I'm probably just gonna SIT on him:p

Thanks to you all for your continued support - it means a lot:D

:mad: We completely disagree on the diet front - I want to SS and he thinks its a bad idea - then he's about seven stone lighter than me so if he keeps on about it I'm probably just gonna SIT on him:p

If you sit on him and wiggle, does it count as exercise?! :p xx

Hello there Helen,

Quote: "No formal exercise for me tonight so I walked home from town with the groceries (one & a half miles)."

It would be great if you could do itregularly and absorb this walk into your daily life, so that it becomes invisible. Even though it's not formal (like at a gym) it still counts. I have been walking to town every Saturday or Sunday since September. It's now part of my life and I thoroughly enjoy it. I started doing it to get my weekly step count up to 70,000.

I must have missed your other post Helen.

I haven't had time (and I have forgotton to phone until it was too late) yet, to find out when the classes are. I do know that they have them because when they first started many years ago, I was one of the first people to go to them!

They were so new that for one session, there was just me and the instructer!

I hope your PI does not pile on the pressure to stop what you are doing, weightloss wise.

How old are your kids now?

DQ - absolutely PMSL:D

:rolleyes: Must stop my imagination - wonder how many calories that's burning right now:p

AmandaJayne - I try to walk into town whenever I get the time but my OH is home 24/7 right now and even a snail would lap him:wave_cry:
We've been walking into town every weekend for almost a year now (that's how long he's been off work) and I wish I could say I enjoy it but I really don't.

I'm starting to train (!) for the SUNWALK in Bristol on July 8th. It's a 12 mile walk (I think) and my boss has talked me and my workmate into joining her on it. Problem is, our boss has taken to powerwalking like the proverbial:p She's off on her 3rd BHF trek in a few weeks - Everest Base Camp! She's done the Great Wall of China and Macchu Pichu so she's a lot fitter than we are:eek:

:rolleyes: Never mind - first training walk next week is a 4 miler to the local railway station and back;)

ONwards and DOWNwards:p

Have a fun weekend all

:D Hi All,

Am just packing for my trip to the lakes for the weekend. Will not be able to log on again until sunday!:(

Hope everyone stays focused on their goals and manage to overcome any obstacles:rolleyes:

ONwards and DOWNwards:D

Well, I've found out about spinning classes!

Some are during the day which is no good, but there are two which are at 6.00 and 6.30. It's still a bit early, but doable. I have to sort out what to do with the kids. Perhaps they can go for a swim while I cycle. Or, perhaps they can do it with me? No there's a thought!

Actually, when I was at the leisure centre, I saw a leaflet about Teens gym sessions which start later in February. A six week course aimed at kids and teens where they attend the gym, learn to use the equipment and have a programme devised for them to do regularly. My son is desperate to go! If he does go, I can go to and do a workout while he does his programme.

My gym is council run and therefore you can either pay monthly (no 12 month contract) or 'pay and go'.

I am really glad I went along. Could be the start of something good!

Back