Hubby celebrates my size 12 - by taking me to dinner! Help!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
He kept on and on about wanting to make me happy and give me 'some proper food', but I've resisted so far. But we were out this afternoon, and he said he wanted to go and eat somewhere, and I said I'd watch!

We ended up in a Loch Fyne (fish restaurant) and of course, I couldn't say no, could I?! I said I would have white fish with salad (nearly OK!) which I did, but I was naughty and had Lobster Bisque to start. :sigh: To be honest, I was full enough after that, but I'd already ordered lemon sole with a green salad. I must say, the sole was absolutely gorgeous and melted in the mouth! :eek: (The bad bit was that it was cooked in lemon butter, and the salad had french dressing, eek! :eek:) Happy hubby kept going on about "I'd got some colour back in my cheeks" as if I'd been ill, lol. (I washed the lot down with fizzy water and black coffee - but boy, do I feel full now!)

Anyway, it's done now, and I can't say I regret it that much. Obviously it will cut down my weight loss this week, but I wonder if it will knock me out of ketosis (I haven't been out of it yet throughout the whole diet). I've blipped before but never a whole meal like this - I know it was naughty, but I did enjoy it! (And it was quite healthy food, not 'bad' food!)

So there, I've done it......:break_diet: (Doesn't everyone have naughty days?! ;))

thing is even if you are nocked out of ketosis you will get back into is in a day or so once your body has burnt up all the food you have eaten.

I had two meals last week and didn'tcome outof ketosis.

Aww firstly yay on your size 12!!! I'm the same height as you and would LOVE to be a size 12 lol.. Be happy with a 14/16 though to be honest.

I think you made the best choices out of the situation and as you say, it's the only real blip in your whole diet so i think you should be proud of yourself for doing so well. Yes, fair enough, maybe the scales won't move as much as they could or have been doing so far but you've done so well and deserve a treat. You'll soon lose what if any weight you've put on through it i'm sure..

Congrats again huni and pleased you enjoyed it. Nothing worse than having a blip and then the guilt trip afterwards. You just have to jump back on that wagon now x

Well done on your losses so far :) You're doing brilliantly :D
Draw a line under it and move on. You shouldn't feel guilty(bad habit to get into!). You chose to eat and made quite sensible choices. If there has to be a next time...........skip the bisque and ask them just to grill the fish plain and hold the salad dressing ;)
Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Thanks all - I'm actually not having a real guilt trip and I'm straight back on the wagon! This was really just an 'unload' to fellow dieters, but as I said, I don't really regret it that much, and am moving on regardless.

The scales don't lie - OK, the loss will be less this time but quite frankly, as long as it's a loss, I shan't be too upset (I can't think that that meal would make me gain - but you never know!). :eek:

I've been on CD long enough to be pretty philosophical about it now - the only person whose weight loss will be affected here is me, because I had the meal! Which is why I'm not reallly calling it a 'cheat' as such (what's the point? you only cheat yourself). It's just something that happened (and poor hubby is so pleased about it!) - it's not the end of the world! :D

Dont worry too much, you made pretty good choices and if you have knocked yourself out you'll soon be back in, not like you had a binge out, just tell your cdc the truth and they will understand. Lots of water, maybe try some exercise to help burn any carbs in the system. Congratuations on getting to size 12, tell him for size 10 he can take you clothes shopping :)

Congratuations on getting to size 12, tell him for size 10 he can take you clothes shopping :)
Thanks - and he's already worked that one out, lol - I can see the worried look in his eyes at my bags of unwanted clothes (and my empty wardrobe)!! :D:D

It wasn't a cheat it was a practice run for making good choices when you start maintenance - sounds like you did pretty well at it too!

Back