Hunca longs to be slimmer

hunca

Silver Member
Hi there, a little bit about me.
I'm a 42 yr old mother to 2 wonderful children. Been overweight all my life really, Constantly been on diets all my life but never actually managed to keep any weight that I did lose off :( My husband & I haven't been sleeping in the same bed for months now due to me snoring! Im so fed up with my weight problems but can never seem to do anything long term about it! Hoping this time is my time to shine :p Anyhow tickers & stats have been reset & Day 1 has been completed successfully so roll on Day 2.
Breakfast - strawberry shake
Lunch - Mild curry
Dinner - chocolate shake
Supper - crispy vanilla shake

Between trips to the loo & logging into minimins I've been awake on & off most of the night lol. Read thro quite a few of the inspirational photo blogs and WOW peoples achievements r amazing. I just hope I can achieve some of their success. Aiming to be 100% for 8 weeks until we go away for a long weekend (only a 2 bedroom lodge we r staying in so have to lose weight in order to stop my horrendous snoring which forces my husband & I to sleep in separate rooms :( ) Very aware of my 2 daughters thoughts on me doing vlcd as I try really hard to encourage then to have a healthy attitude towards food. All my life Ive considered there to be good food (the type of foods I only eat when 'dieting' & 'bad' food) I have approached this 2nd attempt at s&s as a way to kick start my weight lose & then I will practice what I preach in terms of healthy eating. I really don't want them thinking that 4 vlcd shakes a day is the way to go :( I really need to shift at least 5 stone to bring me down to 13st 7lbs. Hoping I could achieve this by Easter 2014. God that seems such a long way off. Anyway just want to focus on one day at a time . Sorry for all my ramblings but I feel it really helps me to get these thoughts out of my head. Even if no one else reads them they r there for me to look back on & hopefully keep me focused. Far too many failed 'diet' attempts under my expanding waistline. Ive never felt particularly ill being overweight but lately my kness hurt, my back aches in the morning, I'm in bed by 9pm as Im knackered & I just generally feel crap most days. Going to try packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 8pm with the option of a 5th pack should I need it.

Hi Hunca, here to follow Good luck on your journey. xxx
Can totally relate to the snoring issue, i'm just in 4th week and can honestly say I no longer wake up tired after a nights sleep. Family have also noticed snoring is not as bad.

Between trips to the loo & logging into minimins I've been awake on & off most of the night lol. Read thro quite a few of the inspirational photo blogs and WOW peoples achievements r amazing. I just hope I can achieve some of their success. Aiming to be 100% for 8 weeks until we go away for a long weekend (only a 2 bedroom lodge we r staying in so have to lose weight in order to stop my horrendous snoring which forces my husband & I to sleep in separate rooms :( ) Very aware of my 2 daughters thoughts on me doing vlcd as I try really hard to encourage then to have a healthy attitude towards food. All my life Ive considered there to be good food (the type of foods I only eat when 'dieting' & 'bad' food) I have approached this 2nd attempt at s&s as a way to kick start my weight lose & then I will practice what I preach in terms of healthy eating. I really don't want them thinking that 4 vlcd shakes a day is the way to go :( I really need to shift at least 5 stone to bring me down to 13st 7lbs. Hoping I could achieve this by Easter 2014. God that seems such a long way off. Anyway just want to focus on one day at a time . Sorry for all my ramblings but I feel it really helps me to get these thoughts out of my head. Even if no one else reads them they r there for me to look back on & hopefully keep me focused. Far too many failed 'diet' attempts under my expanding waistline. Ive never felt particularly ill being overweight but lately my kness hurt, my back aches in the morning, I'm in bed by 9pm as Im knackered & I just generally feel crap most days. Going to try packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 8pm with the option of a 5th pack should I need it.

Yay hunca you made a diary! Here to follow.

Luckily I dont snore but I had a veru slim ex partner who snored and grunted like a boar. Its a shame your snoring is affecting you and hubs sleeping arrangement.

But you have taken the first important step good luck xx

Hi Hunca, here to follow Good luck on your journey. xxx
Can totally relate to the snoring issue, i'm just in 4th week and can honestly say I no longer wake up tired after a nights sleep. Family have also noticed snoring is not as bad.
I so look forward to that. Well done on ur loses so far that's fab :)

Oh dear this is tough only day 2 but I WILL do this ( I have to after forking out £150 ystdy on 5 weeks worth ) Away to bed as I don't know if I fell hungry, tired , ill or all 3 so best bets to take myself off to bed where no damage can be done!
Day 2
Original oatmeal
Chilli
Mushroom soup
Caramel shake

Keep going hun it will be worth it and give you such a boost when you have your first big loss.
You will feel ill, less calories and horrid carb withdrawal , keep chugging at the water, couple a paracetamol and rest.
You can do it xx

p.s have you seen the before and afters in the slim and save competition, they are a great inspiration

Struggling a bit tonite but its all in my head :( Ive had all 4 packs today & its only 6.30pm I foresee a mega early nite tonite! I don't physically feel hungry just a bit down & tired.
Is the s&s forum normally quite quiet? Planning a day out in Glasgow tmrw & since Ive no bars Im planning on taking my drinks shaker & a strawberry shake that way its easy enough to buy a bottle of water & shake away :D A wee bit worried that the headaches start not that Ive had any yet but I really need to get rest of girls things for going back to school on 14th Aug. Is it normal to feel quite cold? Im only on day 2 but Im freezing

DAY 3
Good morning everyone well after a great nites sleep with only 4+ trips to the loo Ive woken up feeling fab. Very very slight sore head but apart from that I feel good. I really thought last nite I would crack but def taking myself off to bed was the best thing to do even if it was only 6.30pm!
Had a sneaky step onto the scales this a.m, I know I shouldn't but you know what its like, showing 7lbs down already :D:D:D:D Long way to go but wow what a start. Will really try just to weigh once a week on a Friday tho as I know how much weight can change day to day. Woke to a very wet miserable day. Looking forward to a day shopping in Glasgow with my girls. Just hope this rain eases off before we go.
Going to stick with my plan of having packs at 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 6pm so I'll take my drinks shaker with me & have a shake once we park the car then another at 1pm.

Back from our trip to Glasgow & very successful it was too in every respect. All back to school things bought. Even went to Costa & can honestly say it didn't bother me at all. I had a bottle of sparkling water :)
Had my shake once we got back to car (cookies & cream a bit gritty salt at bottom but apart from that I liked it) Quick stop off at Tesco to buy Ribena plus (last day of £1 promo) now relaxing out in the sun with my litre bottle of water. Bliss. Certainly feeling better today than I did last nite.

hi!
im here for u too. please see my diary x how much weight u hoping to lose x

Sent from my GT-S7500 using MiniMins

Great stuff Hunca Gonna be a good loss for you , can't wait for your weigh in. Just rewards xx
Keep being kind to yourself, rest up and take it as easy as you can this week , concentrate on you! Not easy with a family but try to.

Shifts allowing I try not to eat after 7/8 ish, cos I figure by the time you get round to breakfast that's at least a 12 hour fast you've done.
Which can only be good.

hi!
im here for u too. please see my diary x how much weight u hoping to lose x

Sent from my GT-S7500 using MiniMins[/QUOTE

I'm aiming to lose 5 stone which will bring me down to 13st 7lbs than take it from there. I have no idea how that will feel or how I will look so all very exciting

DAY 3

Oh well that's day 3 over & Im feeling ok. Headache came & went after plenty water & a black coffee. Been a very good day all round actually. Ive gone to bed as the OH and kids are munching grapes, Strawberries, Blueberries & blackberries and not forgetting a big bar of Dairy Milk Crunchie :(

spicy spag bol
cookies & cream shake
cottage pie
mushroom soup

Im having to use up the packs I had left from last attempt at s&s as the go out of date Aug 2013 :eek: hence spicy spag bol for breakfast lol

Last edited:
day one over for me..ate half a jaffa cake tho....just without thinking!

Sent from my GT-S7500 using MiniMins

Our naughty habits won't disappear overnite :-(

I caught myself nearly helping myself to fruit this afternoon & for that split second thinking its alright its only fruit lol
I'm in bed now with my can of coke zero as I always have the munchies at nite not hungry just habit really.

I'm going to buy some x

DAY 4
Yuk Ive woken with the most disgusting furry mouth this morning. I guess that's a good sign ketosis and all that. Off to brush my teeth :brushing teeth:
Didn't sleep that great last nite & Ive woken feeling rather lousy so a restful day for me I think. Glad I did washing & ironing ystdy so I can just laze about today. Stomach making some remarkable noises this a.m but I don't feel hungry in the slightest infact I feel rather full. Hopefully Im nearly in ketosis. I was on phone to my parents ystdy & so wanted to tell then that I was on s&s but after so many failed diet attempts I decided not to & hopefully when we next visit them in about 3 weeks time they'll notice a difference. I know life goes on regardless but I'm feeling really positive that I don't have any nights out planned. I do have a day out on Fri with a friend & her kids but I know I wont be judged by her & I'll take my drinks shaker with me for at lunch time & a coke zero.

I hadn't rmbrd from last time that we can have half a sachet of sugar free jelly ? Another trip to Tesco hee hee Anything that helps me on my weightloss journey I'm up for ?
Feel bit better now I'm up out my bed. Fuzzy head tho. The food thoughts I'm having r just in my head because I actually don't feel hungry it must just be boredom. It's a catch 22 tho bored so shld keep busy but feel a bit crap so don't feel like being busy. Guess I just got to ride this out as it will get better.

Back