Hunca longs to be slimmer

Day 5 coming to an end. Sitting in bed with a tomato soup whipped up with one of those little battery operated whisks from Ikea £1.50. Brilliant. If uve not got one yet Id def recommend. Only managed 2 litres water today in addition to packs so filled a litre bottle up & plan to drink that before lights out ;) God I sound like ive just stepped right out of Malory Towers! Forums r very quiet today hope everyone is doing well & looking forward to their WI day. Day 6 for me tmrw yikes not long til official WI. Nervous & excited.

Breakfast - 'Nutella shake'
Lunch - 'Nutella' shake
Dinner - mushroom pasta over 200g cauliflower
Supper - Tomato soup

Hi hunca, I've enjoyed reading your blog and relate to a lot of what you have said. I started in feb at 18 st 10 and lost over 2 stone by the end of April. I had a break from April until last week due to an operation. I was relieved that in that time I didn't regain the weight and that I hovered within a 4 or 5lb bracket. I restarted just over a week ago and lost 6lb in my 1st week.... not the biggest 1st week weight loss, but still a significant amount. I'm now the lowest weight I've been in 3 years.

It sounds like you are doing really well. Best of luck for your weigh-in :)

Aw thank you mini mouse. Hope ur well on the road to recovery after ur op. Congratulations on keeping ur weight off. I worry that I'll bore people with my wittering but I really feel this diary is helping me.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

DAY 6
Well what can I say. Day 6 who would have thought I could have got to here so easily. Ok day 1 and 2 were challenging, day 3 cld have given up cause felt crap, day 4 better, day 5 better still & day 6 slight fuzzy morning head (whats new) but yeah feeling good. Def lost weight/water from under my boob area. Having spent my life complaining that size 20 Next jeans were cut all wrong as they were never sitting at my waist I think its time to admit that I was cut all wrong :rolleyes: Ok still cant get into the 8 pairs of size 18 jeans/trousers that have been in the wardrobe all this time but its certainly more and more likely that I WILL actually wear them one day :D Ystdy bought a new t-shirt from Asda £6 woo hoo last of the big spenders, size 20 which is great as last time I bought from there I was a 22 or even a 24. I also picked up a white vest £2 to wear under a couple of tops I have that r a bit too low but they only had an 18 which I bought and u know what its ok ( a little tighter than I'd have liked but none the less I cld def wear it)
Lovely morning here so off to orthodontist with eldest daughter then quick shop in Tesco, home to do housework then off to pick up DD friend who's coming to stay the nite. Aiming to get a wee half hour walk in there somewhere. Have a good day everyone x

Last edited:
Another busy fab day. Just about to have macaroni cheese poured over 200g cauli/broccoli with black pepper.

Well done Hunca, youre doing so well, can't wait for your 1st week results xx
Do you have the mousse powder? I make a banana mousse and split it between 2 dishes give it 10 minutes in fridge.
Then make up a caramel mousse and split and put on top of banana. Presto 2 bananoffe desserts yummy.

Thanks sojafay. Loved the macaroni over cauli and broccoli made a very filling meal. Still 1 pack to go today! With each passing day my packs are lasting longer and longer and I have to remind myself to have them! When have I ever had to remind myself to eat lol Oh well 1st time for everything. Your dessert idea sound lush but Im afraid Im vegetarian so cant have the mousse mix. I bet Im up super early tmrw just so I can officially weigh in. Wonder what the scales will say?!?!?! If anyone is ready this and has experience/knowledge of Disneyland Florida please pop over to off topic section & post ur hints and tips on my thread it wld be much appreciated

Aaarrrggghhh wee wobble tonite and really really want to eat !!!!!! Several times I cld of just started munching! What the hell is wrong with me I've had a great day again then suddenly bang
:-(
Embarrassed to say I've eaten 10 salted cashew nuts that my husband left in kitchen. Downed a can of coke zero and feel very full now. Do u know what stopped me more than anything was the fact I've just spent 149.99 on next 5 weeks. Now watching Fat:the fight of my life.

Last edited:
DAY 7
Felt so bad last nite for having those 10 cashew nuts that I had a rubbish sleep but Ive woken this morning & going to put that mini blip behind me. All excited at the thought of weighing in this morning then realised Im officially a day early lol Its Friday I weigh and today is only Thurs !!! Sure my brain has turned into mush lol So Ive resisted until tmrw

Hunca keep going girl, its those pesky craving ambushers playing with you, guzzle your water today and get those ketones working for you.
I'm sure 10 cashew nuts isn't great damage maybe 3-4 carbs, high in fat but you only had small amount.
So proud of you for getting to end of week 1, keep going gal the rewards are there xxx

Thanks sojafay :eek: Ive just read ur bit about the metaphorical bike and my leg is already out ready to kick those b****y cravings lol

Been so busy cleaning windows etc this morning I've not yet had any packs. I'm feeling good today far more positive than last nite! Got a very funny tingling sensation round my mouth and lips anyone else had that? Cld it be low blood sugar since I've not had anything to 'eat' today?

Last edited:
woo hoo made it thro day 7 roll on weigh in tmrw a.m :D Downside is I have THE most disgusting mouth tonite yuk its awful. Also very very windy =tmi sorry!

Weigh day for me tomorrow too. Excited!! I've been having a yucky taste in my mouth today. Must be ketosis.
Good luck for weigh in xxx

Sounds like ketosis hunny, the furry mouth. Tingling around mouth could be a bit of dehydration if you're not eating till late. your body has been in fasting mode all night and needs food/fluids. or might be a wee bug coming. Hope not.
have everything crossed for you, cept me legs need them to pedal and kick the cravings away;)

DAY 8
Ha Ha sojafay u keep pedalling girl ur doing great. Well official WI day is here :) and Im very please to report a 12lb loss for week 1 :D
Got a day out shopping with friends today but just going to take my shaker maker (must buy bars next order it wld be so much easier lol)
Good luck to anyone else weighing in today x

Back