Hungry at 4pm

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hiya I just wondered whether anyone else have a hungry time during the day?

I'm usually up abt 7ish
Breakfast abt 9ish,
snack abt 11.30
Lunch abt 12.30
Snack abt 2ish
Dinner abt 5-6ish

I'm always hungry abt 4pm

This has always been like this since I can remember (as far back as school)

I've seen a few ppl say they never feel hungry but I just can't seem to avoid the hungry time regardless what I've eaten during the day.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but when ppl say they aren't hungry on the plan I worry that Im doing something wrong cos I have my hungry hour lol

Sorry for long post x

Why not have a piece of fruit or some veg sticks around 4pm so that you don't feel hungry. You should never feel hungry while doing SW - there is so much free food you can have if you feel peckish.

Denise

What about using HEB and having a couple of Alpen Lights (or synning one or two, depending on how hungry you are).

Another thought, could it be that you are actually thirsty and not hungry? Have you tried drinking a big glass of water around 4pm? People often mistake thirst for hunger.

Denise

Thank you for the idea, I might start having the Alpen light bars and syning them.

My problem is that I'm on the train home abt 4ish so limited on what I can carry/eat. I drink nearly 3 litres a day too lol

I wonder if its part of my make up as my hungry time has been like this for 18 years if not longer lol

Have you thought aqbout making sure you are eating enough at each of your meals but maybe pushing your lunch back by half an hour ?

I alwasy keep some small oranges around at my desk and in the car as I am usually a bit hungry about 5pm.

Good luck xxx

Hi. I'm always hungry around then as well so I save the scan bran/ryvita from my cereal at breakfast HB and have that with cheese from my HA. Failing that I have fruit or veg. Obviously it's difficult if you are travelling so a bar may do the trick.

I make my slimming world quiche as individual quiches using silicone bun cases. Why not take a couple of those with you to snack on? They're totally free and filling.

That sounds nice, do you know where I could get the recipe please?

They're easy peasy. There is a few variations but the one I use is
3 eggs
300g very low fat cottage cheese
Beat the eggs and mix them with the cottage cheese. then basically you can add anything you want depending on whether you're doing EE or green. I recebtly made tuna and sweetcorn but also added mushrooms, peppers, onions for extra superfree. You could do ham & mushroom, or just keep it veg based if you prefer or are doing Green. Mix it all together, and pour into bun cases or quiche dish. I top with sliced tomato and sprinkle with a little grated cheese from HEX. Bake in oven for about 30-40 mins.

They are really delicious!!

My first thought was are you meals filling enough?
Not sure how your working day is but a cooked breakfast is a great start and I don't normally need a snack before lunch if I have one.
If I just have salad for lunch, I'll be hungry early afternoon, if I have left overs or soup then I'll be fuller.
I always seem to be hungry when I get in at 4.30 but I tend to make cuppa and then get on with dinner.

If you are hungry though, eat but maybe try to make your meals bigger. x

Hiya I just wondered whether anyone else have a hungry time during the day?

I'm usually up abt 7ish
Breakfast abt 9ish,
snack abt 11.30
Lunch abt 12.30
Snack abt 2ish
Dinner abt 5-6ish

I'm always hungry abt 4pm

This has always been like this since I can remember (as far back as school)

I've seen a few ppl say they never feel hungry but I just can't seem to avoid the hungry time regardless what I've eaten during the day.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing but when ppl say they aren't hungry on the plan I worry that Im doing something wrong cos I have my hungry hour lol

Sorry for long post x

This may be a bit controversial, but I don't see anything wrong with being hungry an hour before you are going to have your dinner. I would have thought that this is normal.

Although I agree that we should be eating enough not to still feel hungry after a meal, for me part of the pleasure of approaching dinner time is to feel hungry enough to appreciate it!

I just posted a very similar thread to this... I have a few problems times x

For 3 days during the week I work, so up at 6.30 getting ready, dropping of my little girl to her childminder then I'm travelling to work in London. I walk in my office at 9am so no chance for a big breakfast only porridge or toast.

It is a relief to know others have a hungry time lol least I'm not alone

I tend to always get hungry from about 5 - between leaving work and having dinner (usually about 7.30/8). But when I'm home I think it's partly because I'm around food pottering around prepping and cooking dinner for a good hour! I try to have a little snack when I get home - maybe a mini quiche, some cooked potatoes, a HB egg or a few slices of ham, but not too much as I find it spoils my dinner then!

Back