Hurray we've got our own forum!

Barb

Gold Member
Just posting in our Diabetes forum because i can! :D

Big thank you to Pierce for setting this up for us, hope we get lots of visits and lots of info to share.

Come on everyone, lets share our experiences and support for each other.:D

Hello!
I've been around on minimims on various forums but now I'm newly diagnosed as diabetic. Not a huge surprise as I've had IGT for 2 years.
Just back from my 1st nurse appt and had an extra blood test done to check some level. If its over 10 I will be on meds but for now its diet and exercise.
Was looking at low carbing and a bit of food combining and seeing how that goes.
Nice to meet you Barb!

Great to meet you too! Good luck with the D&E!

Hi Funky Mum! Low carb is definately the way to go to get blood sugars under control. It doesnt have to be the extremes of Atkins, which probably wouldnt be a good idea anyway as we are at risk of high cholestrol with diabetes, but try to keep carbs down to around 60g a day and you should see very good results. Make your carbs that you do eat the wholefood and unprocessed type as far as possible, and avoid pasta, its the devils own work!

Hi all...

I would agree low carbing is great & would also like to add the Atkins has taken me off all my cholesterol medication & brought me back to healthy levels, so Atkins doesn't mean a rise in cholesterol. xx

Hi all, I am type 1 and an Atkins lady.:) Atkins has completely changed my diabetes. I am now on the lowest amount of insulin I have ever been on and am extremely energetic and healthy. My poor dogs are getting their legs walked off these days. LOL
It is great that we have our own little group on here. :D

I can't do Atkins as I'm veggie ;)

Hi to everyone! Feeling much more positive now I have a diagnosis and can actually do something.
Just need to get meal planning!

Back