HWW food diary

Lol no chance of that.... Plus it doesn't work!

Nope! I'm all for the pigging out (within reason of course) x

I totally agree. Take it steady Serena :)

Thank you Helen, I really love how everyone is so lovely on here!!! X

Hi hunni hope you've had a good day.

Food looks yummy as usual. I had actually forgotten that sugar free jelly was quite tasty. I need to get some more meringues though to have with the jelly and fruit :)

Nic x

Hi Nic, today has been good thanks. I really enjoyed my WW petit pain, warm bread is 1 of my weaknesses. Your dinners always look tasty & varied. I tend to stick 2 the same foods, & not a fan of veg which is why I add lots of salad.

fruit/meringue/jelly was yummy also like jelly/yogurt or jelly/squirty cream & you can't beat a toasted WW wrap with strawberries/sweetener (I got a whole set of sweet teeth lol).

Hope all is going well, nearly another week gone & still in the zone :)

Hey Helen
Do you put the stawberries and sweetener in the wrap before toasting it? I try to eat a varied diet or else I get bored and lose interest in trying to lose weight. I have quite a tight budget at the moment as well as hubby has been off sick for a couple of months and has just gone back to work on reduced hours following major surgery. He may be on reduced hours for quite a while. That's why we quite often have the same meal a couple of times a week and I try and make meals from scratch as they often work out cheaper than convenience foods.

GReat to hear you're still in the zone and I am right there with you.

Nic x

Sorry Nic for the delay. I only toast 1 side of the wrap and then slice the strawberries and place them on the non toasted side, sprinkle sweetener and then fold the wrap over, like a pancake. So it's crispy on the outside but softer inside. The strawberries sometimes fall out but feels like a treat.

I usually find eating healthy more expensive & try to vary meals, to avoid boredom too. Hope your husband is on the mend.

How are you getting on?

Helen

Day 6

B (2pp), In total using 120ml of SS milk today. 75ml for B & 45ml to wet my Sugar puffs. I don't like the taste of milk (which is why I have so little). L (1pp)

strawberries, crumpet & satsuma

D - pork steak, jacket potato & salad, 10g HP BBQ sauce (0pp)

30g Sugar puffs (3pp)

mini G&B choc (2pp)

43/49

Last edited:
44876]Sorry Nic for the delay. I only toast 1 side of the wrap and then slice the strawberries and place them on the non toasted side, sprinkle sweetener and then fold the wrap over, like a pancake. So it's crispy on the outside but softer inside. The strawberries sometimes fall out but feels like a treat.

I usually find eating healthy more expensive & try to vary meals, to avoid boredom too. Hope your husband is on the mend.

How are you getting on?

Helen[/QUOTE]

Day 6

B (2pp), L (1pp)

strawberries, crumpet & satsuma

D - pork steak, jacket potato & salad, 10g HP BBQ sauce (0pp)

mini G&B choc (2pp)

40/49

Hey hun

The strawberry wrap sounds lovely may have to give it a try. Tablet battery about to run out. Be back shortyly to reply properly
Nicx

I think it's so unfair that you can buy a massive bag of minstrels for £1 but a similar amount of grapes would cos about £3! It's not fair is it! X

I only buy fruit that is either on offer or from the local market. I refuse to pay full price for it it's ridiculously expensive. It's not right that junk food is much cheaper either. I do manage to make healthy cheap meals like chilli or chickpea and tomato curry (which is yum). I usually make enough of these for at least 2 days and sometimes lunches as well. Your tea sounded lovely, I love pork steaks :)

Nic xx

I only buy fruit that is either on offer or from the local market. I refuse to pay full price for it it's ridiculously expensive. It's not right that junk food is much cheaper either. I do manage to make healthy cheap meals like chilli or chickpea and tomato curry (which is yum). I usually make enough of these for at least 2 days and sometimes lunches as well. Your tea sounded lovely, I love pork steaks :)

Nic xx

Do u use tinned chickpeas in your curry Nic? X

Yeah tinned chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, onions and I use pataks curry paste (whichever you like) yum yum xx

Yeah tinned chickpeas, tinned tomatoes, onions and I use pataks curry paste (whichever you like) yum yum xx

I might have to give that a go. Not made a curry in AGES x

I know Serena it's crazy, a few different types of fruit & that's £10 gone. I'm trying to scroll back through your messages as I've missed the 1 re: your appointment & food menu. Phone is playing up. Sorry to hear it didn't go well (from others responses). I hope you are ok x

I'm cooking more now Nic than I ever have although that still mainly consists of grilling & boiling. I love fruit & having salad as a rule however it's all adding up. The pork steaks were 1/2 price in Morrisons so were very cheap. I had 1 so 1 left for another day.

I have tried Asda & Tesco but can't find the whole grain puffed wheat :( I've been looking forward to it since it was mentioned it an earlier post so ended up buying the sugar filled original Sugar Puffs. Only consolation is they are light & on guessing I'd say they're 3pp for 30g (without milk). Just going to work it out and have a bowl before bed :)

I know Serena it's crazy, a few different types of fruit & that's £10 gone. I'm trying to scroll back through your messages as I've missed the 1 re: your appointment & food menu. Phone is playing up. Sorry to hear it didn't go well (from others responses). I hope you are ok x

It's ok Helen, my diary goes a bit crazy at time!!! X

I have tried Asda & Tesco but can't find the whole grain puffed wheat :( I've been looking forward to it since it was mentioned it an earlier post so ended up buying the sugar filled original Sugar Puffs. Only consolation is they are light & on guessing I'd say they're 3pp for 30g (without milk). Just going to work it out and have a bowl before bed :)

I couldn't find them either :-( Obviously people in Kent don't want to be healthy!!!
Do u have H&B by you? If so, might be worth looking for this...

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...efoods-gluten-free-plain-puffed-rice-60004643

Good morning Serena, thanks U R a Star :)

They don't look very appetising lol, & my fear is if they're allowed on the F&H list that I may add heaps of sweetener & eat them on a regular basis. I think I'll point the original Sugar puffs I bought, that way I will only have them in moderation. I did enjoy a bowl last night & strangely when I compared it to the wholegrain 1, they were both 3pp for 30g (dry). That said I realise wholegrain is healthier with much less sugar. Also at £2.80 (on top of the Special K bought for my son & Shredded wheat for me), every penny counts so they will be getting eaten.

thanks for looking out :)

Any fun plans this weekend?

Helen

Day 7 - Weight loss this week is 4lbs. Very happy with that after I STS last week. It seems F&H is definitely the way to go for me. Plus I've drank my 2.6l of water every day (thanks to Serena posting the app), so I'm back on track.

my usual weigh in day is Sunday but I have a planned night out this evening & don't want a weight gain in the morning, to ruin my focus for next week. My aim is to fix the damage during the week :)

Usually I wouldn't plan a night out so early into healthy eating, but I haven't seen my friend for ages and rarely go out.

I hope you all have a great weekend :)

Happy Helen

Back