HYPNO-BAND SLIMMING BY CD

I have seen lots of these book/CD combinations for sale on eBay and Amazon. I would love to try one but I have a sneaky feeling that they probably don't work. I have tried a couple of slimming CDs - the famous Glen Harrold one (I could not stand the sound of his voice! One listen was enough - I gave it to my son) and another by a woman who said she had helped Lily Allan (recently Lily admitted that she actually lost the weight by means of bulimia, poor girl). I didn't find the latter CD any help at all.

Has anyone tried a 'gastric band' CD? Did it work even a little bit? I am curious!

Hi GG, I have 2 Glenn harrold cds: Lose Weight Now and Stop Smoking Forever and neither worked for me. They say you should listen every day/night for at least two weeks which I never managed so who knows?

I also had marisa Peer you can be thin book and cd, cd got destroyed but still have it on mp3. gave book away to charity shop recently.

Hit on the idea of going for actually one to one hypnosis and I had one session last Thurs but I am not sure it'll work for me, seems to be based on Buteyko breathing method.

As I said, Glenn Harrold's voice irritated me so much I only listened to the weight loss CD, once. Others may not have a problem with his speaking voice but I did ha ha.

Yes, the important thing is to listen to the CD every day/night for a certain period. I have just bought Paul McKenna I Can Make You Thin. When it arrives I will give it a fair go but I have my doubts.

Good luck with your new therapy. Never say never; it might just work for you x

PS

The name Marisa Peer makes me smile. I always think of Maris Peer potatoes! At first I thought the name had been chosen for this reason. Does she know, I wonder, of the potato connection? lol.

Last edited:
i did the paul mckenna cds for a while a few years back. They did work, for a while - on my unconscious mind, but eventually my conscious mind wanted to binge (after a bad day at work) so i decided to do so, and pushed through the subconscious barriers it had set up. after that, it didn't work any more.

i think, to be successful, therapy has to address the subconscious and the conscious.

I must say though I found Glenn voice ok to listen to and most times when I listen I fall asleep so that is one good thing I suppose. discovered 'slimpods' and ordered one tonight, I'm looking forward to listening when it gets here. I am gonna set a daily on my moby reminder to listen for 21 days. Quite looking forward to it.

Girlygirl1: Have you got PMK book as well as CD? he used to have a set of 6 cds but you can't buy them anymore. oh and does the book have the 90 day journal? I thought the 'friendly mirror' exercise was good but I couldn't get into doing it every day (theres a pattern here lol) also the tapping technique.

I've read the P McK book fairly attentively. Yet I can't remember the journal bit ha ha. I wouldn't do that anyway. Tried it many years back and it just does not work for me.

A lot of what he says is basic dieting common sense. Nothing wrong with that as weight loss really is simple if you eat less and exercise more. Simple but not easy!

I will start listening to the CD tomorrow. I have the VHS slimming tape with its subliminal messages etc and I have to say that it definitely works. The problem for me was that I got fed up watching it every day. Again, like you, Lynn! User failure. If we don't do as he suggests as often as he advises we can hardly expect good results.

Nobody I know or can find seems to have tried a hypno gastric band deal. I kinda feel that without one-on-one hypnotherapy this won't work. Better, then, to not waste yet more money on Amazon!

How are you doing, hun? My honest and true advice to you is to get back to low-carbing and really give it your best shot. I love it because I don't get those awful cravings. But as a vegetarian it is harder for me than it is for non-veggies. Even so it still works. And for long-term maintenance it is damn near perfect.

Right now I am starting the P McK thing to make it easier and maybe even faster. If a thing helps, it has to be good, right? All the best x

Nobody I know or can find seems to have tried a hypno gastric band deal. I kinda feel that without one-on-one hypnotherapy this won't work. Better, then, to not waste yet more money on Amazon!

The big thread on Gastric Band Hypnotherapy on this board seems to be getting really good results, almost as good as the real surgery! I tried to find a therapist who offers it near me but couldn't get in contact with the guy and then found someone else who didn't offer it but uses Buteyko breathing method. I couldn't be bothered trying to learn it (deffo a pattern, eh?:rolleyes:) so gave up!

How are you doing, hun? My honest and true advice to you is to get back to low-carbing and really give it your best shot. I love it because I don't get those awful cravings. But as a vegetarian it is harder for me than it is for non-veggies. Even so it still works. And for long-term maintenance it is damn near perfect.

Right now I am starting the P McK thing to make it easier and maybe even faster. If a thing helps, it has to be good, right? All the best x

I am doing pretty well thanks. I am pleased with my Slimpod so far, I'm not obsessing about food all day every day and I am eating less.:)

I definately agree with you on LC eating, deep down I know it is the best way for me to eat but I keep giving in to binge foods.

Is the VHS tape PMK too? Have you tried the tapping technique? There's lots of vids on Youtube to help. Oh guess what? After listening to the dulcet tones of trevor Silvester on my slim pod I tried to listen to glenn harrold after but couldn't stand the sound of his voice, never bothered me before lol.

The generic cd's you buy online or in the shops are not suitable for everyone. It's like buying a bra in a shop without trying it on first, they just don't fit sometimes!
I'm a hypnoslimmer and have tried all shop bought cd's along with almost every other diet known to man. The hypnotherapy has to be personalised for it to work - that's what I've done and am really happy :)

I am the same as Goldie, went to the same therapist too & it's working for me also

YOU can see I have not been on for so long, cant remember how to post & Quote -

Not been doing to go, due to cd/consultant aftercare, so gave up with it. I had surgery December which is was immobile for over 3 months but I never put on - which was a shock. I started easting 3 regular meals and drinking water and eating at the right times. Still not able to exercise th way I did, but my weight just seems to be stuck at one place but its not an increase so I am hppy.

Lynn8124 - Slimpod from where? is it working for you (excusing the typos, nodding off) but need to keep reading:)
Would you recommend it?

really must go my eyes are closing down and I gotta be up in 5hrs

Last edited:
I listen to a few slimming mp3s before bed

truthfully - a couple of messages have stuck but on the whole it hasnt really worked for me. The reason I keep listening is because they help me fall asleep so easily! plus every little helps

I wouldnt go out and spend a fortune on it though - as others have said, it depends on you.

Back