hypno band therapy anyone kept their weight off?

rosieposie

Hi read several post from last year about hypno band therapy, has anyone actually kept eith it and kept their weight off?
I'm considering it and just wanted to know how it was longer term.
thanks

I can't really help much but I am starting my hypnotherapy on Monday. First of four sessions. it's expensive but the research I have done seems to suggest a very good success rate. I've started a diary so feel free to follow it and see how i get on.

£1000 is an awful lot of money to me so I'm determined to make it work and give it my all.

Fi x

I know it's not the same but for those who like me could never afford the actual personal therapy, amazon.co.uk sell a hypno lap band cd for £12.99.

It's interesting that the only person to review it is the person who made the download! However at that price....

SilverS

Hi all, I'm on week 3 of the Hypnoband and already lost 7ibs. I paid £250 for 5 sessions, plus 2 cd's. I really don't feel hungry anymore and have to remind myself to eat! My hypnotherapist, during trance, said I would crave ice cold water, and I certainly do, can't get enough. One more session then it's the actual band, can't wait. Off to Thailand in November so would like to lost around 4 stones before, and I actually think I'm going to achieve it. People have already commented on how slimmer I look as it seems to be coming off from the stomach area, which is what I wanted. Will be happy to refer anyone if interested as I highly recommend my hypnotherapist, Worthing, W.Sussex.

Hi everyone - I had my hypno operation end of April. 6 months programme including hypnotherapy for reasons why I was a compulsive eater = £800. Def worth it. What a release for my mind about the root causes of the addiction.

The op was amazing and I lost interest in food for a few weeks. I then started to go back to the old habits but by that time I had really embedded portion control into my life, and although its an effort I am on top of my eating. weight loss is plateauing so to answer the q i have kept weight off.

I have just developed a points system to keep myself on track which Im going to blog about and can post a link when it's up. these last few days I feel a renewed push and my clothes are getting loose again. I just got back into size 16 trousers hurray!

basically every day is a push pull between the old me and the new me - hypnoband is a great tool but no magic pill, for me anyway.

let me know how you are all getting on

Hi Harriet101,

I had 4 sessions of hypnotherapy and the band fitted in march, I initially lost 7lbs but 3 have crept back on however it has changed my attitude towards food, I no longer find myself eating just for the sake of it i seem to be more aware of when I'm actually hungry now so it worked in that respect.

My biggest problem is not doing any exercise, I really don't like gyms and I'm not a fan of sweating and half killing myself so I've bought a couple of pilates dvds, going to see if i can sculpt myself a trim toned body......watch this space lol

Hi clanger, i do my tummy exercises first thing, will post a link when \i get up to 50 posts. then i cycle to shops not drive etc. Bribe yourself with rewards for exercising

Weigh in yesterday - lost 4 lbs over last 2 weeks. Down to my points system and giving up bread

had my 1st session today and first hypno therapy , feel odd , not at all hungry or remotely tempted to eat the chocolates odr foritos my oh is sitting next to me eating :0) very odd indeed !!!
hope the next sessions go aswell , im not expecting a miracle but i would just like to be able to reach a good weight and stabilse !!!
ohh dreams :0)

I had my hypno- band fitted in May 2011 unfortunately this did not work for me at all. It really did not make me feel any different at all.
I had some limiting belief sessions pre-op and these did help and I did lose some weight but for me the actual hypno band sessions had a negative effect and I put weight on.
I hope you have all been more successful.
Do please post and let us know as it seems to have gone quite on this thread now.

Hi there - I am considering getting this done - it is €650 in Ireland about £500 in total (UK)... I am an emotional eater since my daughter was born. I am not looking for a quick fix but i know i deal with my emotions through food and also i feel I have an addiction to chocolate - which I never had when i was a smoker (i quit smoking 2 and a half years ago) its like I replaced that addiction with this new addiction. anyway if i get this done and the money together it will be october - will check in if/when I get it done.. hope everyone is doing well :):):)

HHey in reply to the hypno band ...I had it around six months ago,and payed a lot of money for it.was four two hour sessions.and it was absolutely crap......I didn't lose anything.i was told to get a smaller plate..eat less(no kidding) always leave something on the plate.go on a conscious diet,so then you would lose weight anyway......after four sessions and 60 quid down the drain I was gutted.......so. Joined slimming world,which if you stick to it,it works.good luck people x x:wave_cry:

Back