Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

I am fascinated by this - I hope it all goes well for you Sam :D My sister tried hypnosis some years ago (to stop smoking) but the hypnotherapist said she was 'resistant' to the hypnosis which was a shame because it would have been great for her had it worked.
I would be really interested in learning some techniques please STBG, it's very kind of you to ask - I would ask for an appointment if we weren't on opposite sides of the country :)

Nobody but nobody is resistant to hypnosis - the hypnotist failed to get his client to enter the hypnotic state - that was his fault not the clients.

The only people whom would be are the psychiatric cases which we would not be allowed to attempt to hypnotise in the first place

Having said that I have done a lot of work with the Consultant Psychiatrist at the hospital with patients suffering with Schizophrenia with great success - technically a psychiatric disorder not an emotional one and, whilst they cannot be 'cured' of the schizophrenia, we can alleviate some of the emotional problems associated with the condition.

Nobody but nobody is resistant to hypnosis - the hypnotist failed to get his client to enter the hypnotic state - that was his fault not the clients.

That's good to know, it rather gave me the impression at the time that not everybody could be hypnotised so wasn't worth trying. Thanks for explaining :)

I would love to have this done but i'm not brave enough + it might be too expensive in London.
I would love to not want to binge & eat between meals.

I did the same as you smoorecats and looked up numbers but not brave enough to call. then when I saw my friend last week that was the final push I needed, and I rang the lady that she used.

The cost is £50 a session. first session will be hour and a half because she will do a fact find first. she said the hypnosis part lasts about 45 minutes so further sessions would be about 1hr including a little before and after chat

The lady said people vary on the number of sessions but should see an immediate improvement. she said the average is 2 - 3 sessions but some people need 5.

Hi Sam,
I've just has a look at their web site (Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy Clinic in Bedford UK - get help for phobias, anxieties, fears, panic attacks, depression, emotional problems, stop smoking, social phobia, being sick, vomiting, confidence,lose weight and much more...)
and it says to have 5 sessions pver 10 wks at £75 a time!
So yours is quite a bit cheaper over the 5 sessions that they quote!

Please let us know how you get on.

Sally x

Hi Sam, dying to hear how you get on with this. I would love to try it out too! Hope you find that it works for you.

Hiya Wannalose....

Congrats on taking the bull by the horns and not giving up :) I am also a Hynotherapist and have been for many years now and can tell you that the results can be amazing, many of my clients have hypnotherapy sessions with me to either keep them motivated or clear any unwanted challenges that get in their way.

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

thanks for all your messages of support.

Diva, can Hypnosis work alongside CD? I know that I will not get a faster weight loss than I get on CD, but just need some help with finding the motivation/willpower to stick to it.

Or do you think its best to look at hypnosis as a brand new start - completely seperate to CD?

I have weight loss clients who do use both hypnosis and CD and some who use only one of those...in both cases, the results are best in those that are ready to make changes and willing to turn their lifestyles upside down in order to get the results they want. Hypnosis is great for clearing any self-sabotaging behaviour or challenges that get in the way...and for enhancing motivation.

You will be fine, Sam, use it for what you want it for and already you know what that is - you will find that your journey will be easier and following your health's desire will become effortless. ;)

thanks for all your messages of support.

Diva, can Hypnosis work alongside CD? I know that I will not get a faster weight loss than I get on CD, but just need some help with finding the motivation/willpower to stick to it.

Or do you think its best to look at hypnosis as a brand new start - completely seperate to CD?

The hypnosis helps to focus your mind and to get it into the right place for success whether it is for WW, CD, SW or whatever, the process is the same.

I actually like Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin' cd too

A lot of people find it very very helpful

I have that too i listened to it at every opportunity but it didn't seem to make a lasting impression in my mind:cry:

I am really interested in finding out how it goes too Sam, I have also looked up numbers, but never rang as I wanted to have somebody recommended to me. So if yours goes well, as you are in Brum, I might give it a go too :)

will let you know how it goes holly. my hypnotist is in sutton coldfield and I'll forward you her details after ive been on monday

Thanks Sutton is not far from me.

Good luck :)

I had hypnosis last Wed evening to combat my evening binge eating (not general weight loss) I have lost a staggering 9lbs since then. I don't feel like I have to fight with myself over food on a night anymore and I feel in control which is something I have not experienced in a long time.

The night of the session I had my tea at 6pm, I ate nothing all night until going to bed at 11pm, that is the first time in about 4 years I have done that.

It is amazing and I wish I had done it years ago.

I was hooked upto a machine to test relaxation and appreantly I was a very good candidate as I started at 33 (most people start at 50-60) and went right down to 14, which apparently for a first session is fantastic.

GIVE IT A GO!!!! I have spent hundreds over the years on pills and other diet aids, so 3-5 £40 sessions are well worth the money!!!

Stacie xxx

Back