Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

good luck sam x

Hi Sam

Yes, well sort of, I have been dieting without realising it. You just seem to lose that need for food and I feel so in control it's unbelievable.

I have been so pleasantly suprised, I have another session booked in 2 weeks as he says 3-5 is the average.

I am going to use hypnotherapy for everything now from phobias to cofidence EVERYTHING!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Stacie xx

Hope it all goes well hun!!

well Im back and in one piece lol

The lady who hypnotised me was lovely. put me at ease right away, fully explained how hypnosis works and then listened to me while I explained why and how I overeat. I didnt feel rushed at all and felt completely comfortable telling her how much of a glutton I am and how I can eat until I feel I am literally going to be sick.

Anyway, then she began the hypnotism. I can only explain the feeling as "weird" but completely comfortable and relaxed. I could hear everything she was saying and at one point felt like I was floating in the room and looking back at myself.

She said to treat the hypnosis as a fresh start. to put all thoughts of diets and past experiences behind me. In theory, hypnotism should help me to stick to three meals a day, to only eat until I feel satisfied and to make reasonably healthy choices.

So now we just have to see if it works!

Im making a home made curry for tea, and I could usually eat a saucepan full to myself (Im not kidding) so I'll report back and let you know if I ate less than usual and was satisfied.

Oh also, I asked her for motivation to go to the gym more frequently and just generally to be more active. Im going to the gym tonight and depending on work, I am hoping to return to my 3 visits a week.

So its obviously too early to say whether it has worked or not, but it certainly was a pleasant experience. I have booked another session in a weeks time, but she said if I feel I am coping well, to ring her and put it back to the following week.

Hi Sam

I'm glad it all went well, I hope you get the results you hope for.

I'd just like to thank you for starting this thread as it's prompted me to also contact a hypnotherapist to deal with my binge eating which is really getting me down. I have my first session booked for next week, so it'll be interesting to read all about your experiences as you'll be over a week in front of me.

Enjoy your curry:)

Tracey
x

i've been following these threads on hypnosis and am very interested in it all. Will probably be going down this line when I am finishing with CD. Thanks!

Congratulations I'm so pleased for you and I'm even more excited for my hypnosis tomorrow I will let you know how I get on and let us know how you are doing

I think i'm going to go down this route too when i finish CD... it seems to have worked for a lot of people

well, I have to report that so far I am over the moon with the results of my hypnosis.

For tea tonight I made a home made chicken curry. now as hubby and kids dont like curry I would normally finish off the whole saucepan myself (disgusting I know, but thats the truth) well, I served myself a small bowl, like a breakfast cereal bowl with about 1/2 rice and 1/2 curry. I could only manage to eat about 2/3. I have never left food on my plate before ever but I honestly couldnt manage it.

About 10 minutes later I had a rosemary conley choc mouse which I had to share with zoe. After that I felt completely satisfied. This was at about 6pm and no food has passed my lips since then. That in itself is a major achievement as I would normally sit infront of the telly in the evening and nibble on whatever I could find in the kitchen, crisps, biscuits, cheese etc.

I have also been to the gym! Not working tomorrow so going to have a swim in the morning as well.

I know its early days yet but I am feeling 100% positive at the moment.

i AM DEFFO DOING THAT THEN!!!

Hiya Sam,

Yet another Clinical Hypnotherapist here < I know of others on the board too> Hypnotherapy asolutely DOES work and as STBG say's, noone is resistent to hypnosis, it's all about trying different methds for some people.
Since actively losing weight this time I have also been using self hypnosis, not for weight loss per se but for self confidence <for me the two go hand in hand>
You have doen amazingly well over the past months and were an inspiration to me back when I was doing CD <before I had to come off the plan when I got ill> You will continue to do well, trust your therapist and believe in yourself, I am sure you will be back on the wagon and stones less before you know it....

Anne x

well, I have to report that so far I am over the moon with the results of my hypnosis.

For tea tonight I made a home made chicken curry. now as hubby and kids dont like curry I would normally finish off the whole saucepan myself (disgusting I know, but thats the truth) well, I served myself a small bowl, like a breakfast cereal bowl with about 1/2 rice and 1/2 curry. I could only manage to eat about 2/3. I have never left food on my plate before ever but I honestly couldnt manage it.

About 10 minutes later I had a rosemary conley choc mouse which I had to share with zoe. After that I felt completely satisfied. This was at about 6pm and no food has passed my lips since then. That in itself is a major achievement as I would normally sit infront of the telly in the evening and nibble on whatever I could find in the kitchen, crisps, biscuits, cheese etc.

I have also been to the gym! Not working tomorrow so going to have a swim in the morning as well.

I know its early days yet but I am feeling 100% positive at the moment.

Wow Sam this is so encouraging!!!! Isn't it weird how with just one session you can start to change already!!!!! The mind is sure a curious thing!!!!

Do you mind me asking a question? When you had the hypnosis was it at all like a counselling session, do you go into the reasons you overate in the first place? Or do they just fill your head with positive suggestions to stop you doing it? Also how many sessions did your therapist think you'd need, mine has said he'll see how the first goes, but will be likely to need 3 maybe 4.

Sorry to bombard you with questions, it's just that I'm looking to solve my food addictions and am thinking of going along the lines of cognitive therapy as well as hypnotherapy. I'm a bit scared though to be honest:eek: I'm not sure why I binge, but I have a rough idea and I don't know how I'll react if I have to seriously face my demons.

I am so chuffed I found this thread, can't wait to see how you get on this week:):):)

Tracey
x

Back