Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

Sambucca

Gold Member
Hello all

Some of you might have noticed that Ive not been posting for a while as I have fell off the CD Wagon yet again. I just cant keep doing this to myself so have decided to take a different approach.

I am booked in for my first hypnosis session on Monday. Im really excited but petrified at the same time. Ive tried just about everything else to lose weight and am constantly beating myself up for failing yet again.

Its something Ive thought about for a while, and then started to think about it seriously when it was shown on supersize/superskinny a few weeks ago. Then on Monday, I met a friend who I hadnt seen for a while who has recently had hypnosis and she is doing brilliantly. She's only had one session but she said the weight is falling off her and she has completely stopped snacking and is making healthy choices at meal times.

So I thought I would give it a go. I's be really interested to hear your thoughts or experiences of hypnosis.

I'll give you an update on Monday after my first session.

Really feel for you Sam - sometimes you just have to walk away though, specially when you are approaching things in a famine or feast manner.

I have heard some wonderful things about hypnosis and would love to hear how you get on - much luv to you!

I have missed you posting on the daily xxxxxxxx

Feeling like you sam , failing to much myself ... wondering if the ends in sight . Well you tell us all how you did and how much and how many times you have to go . Let us know Sam , i hope it holds the key to the problem of losing weight before we lose our minds lol

I WL8S

I also looked into hypnotherapy after that programme and find it really interesting whether it would work. Please let us know how you get on, as it is I'm contemplating restarting CD on Monday after mothers day, but after reading a post from Icemoose to NooNoo I seriously think I need to have a rethink, I had dug out my Paul McKenna I can make you thin, but now know the responsibility lies with me but I may seek other help along the way.

I really hope it works for you and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist

One session should be enough to put your mind onto the right track.

My clients have found it to be very successful

Do give it a go and see how you get on

I qualified in medicine and practiced for over 20 years as a podiatrist with the hypnotherapy as a secondary interest - just because I enjoyed it! I had to give up the podiatric work due to the RA in my hands so now I concentrate on hypnotherapy/psychotherapy/counselling

I developed my hypnotherapy practice from 1983 to the presnet and I do Past Life Regression, Forensic Hypnosis, Paediatric Hypnosis, I teach all over the World and take self-hypnosis classes - so it keeps me out of mischief.

STBG , When you say you take self-hypnosis classes - so it keeps me out of mischief. Do you mean when you feel you need surrport on the diet you turn to that ? cos i've noticed how well you are doing on losing weight ? Is that the key to keeping strong ?

No, I meant that I TEACH the self-hypnosis classes to others!

I do use some self-hypnosis on myself, have done for years

It is possible to teach some on here - the techniques are only part of meditation and are perfectly safe to do yourself on your own at home if anyone would be interested

Will be interested in learning . I'm going back on CD Tuesday and i think it would really help. Thank you STBG

Good luck for Monday - I too will be very interested to hear how you get on.

Hi Sam.
I too am in the same boat, I keep trying to get back on but failing miserably :(
I also watched that programme and was very inspired, so much so that I tore the page out of the local rag of a local hypnotheripist but as yet to find the "bottle" to give them a call!

Can I ask how much it costs and did they say how many sessions it should take?
I would love to know how you get on?

Sally x

Hi Sam, really interested in hearing about your hypnotherapy experiences. I hope it goes really well for you.

STBG, I'd be keen to learn some self-hypnosis techniques. I feel I could use a little extrahelp as I am struggling just now.

I think hypnotherapy is great! Four weeks ago, my friend was given a stop smoking hyno CD, and thought she would just have a listen when she went to bed that night. Hasn't smoked since! Before that she was a 30-40 a day, and had been smoking for nearly 20 years.

No, I meant that I TEACH the self-hypnosis classes to others!

I do use some self-hypnosis on myself, have done for years

It is possible to teach some on here - the techniques are only part of meditation and are perfectly safe to do yourself on your own at home if anyone would be interested

I would be interested!!!!!!!!:) It's extremely kind of you to offer help like this. I do meditate (not as often as I should:eek:) and have had some guidance on self help hypnosis (not for weight issues) which has helped me very much in the past.

I would be very interested in a self hypnosis to help me combat the binges I often feel compelled to have.

I have had a couple of past life regression sessions, I found them very interesting and they helped me with a problem I didn't even consciously realise I had! I went out of curiosity and because I am a spiritualist. Strange thing was, in every life that I remembered I was a man!

Tracey
x

Hi Sam.
I too am in the same boat, I keep trying to get back on but failing miserably :(
I also watched that programme and was very inspired, so much so that I tore the page out of the local rag of a local hypnotheripist but as yet to find the "bottle" to give them a call!

Can I ask how much it costs and did they say how many sessions it should take?
I would love to know how you get on?

Sally x

I did the same as you smoorecats and looked up numbers but not brave enough to call. then when I saw my friend last week that was the final push I needed, and I rang the lady that she used.

The cost is £50 a session. first session will be hour and a half because she will do a fact find first. she said the hypnosis part lasts about 45 minutes so further sessions would be about 1hr including a little before and after chat

The lady said people vary on the number of sessions but should see an immediate improvement. she said the average is 2 - 3 sessions but some people need 5.

I hope all goes well for you - I KNOW that it works

It is as effective doing self-hypnosis. In the profession we say that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis anyway

We hypnotise ourselves a dozen times a day or more as part of our normal daily life, it is in learning to use it that we can achieve our aims.

Back