Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

Hi Sam

Funny isn't it, I only lost 8lb on my first week of cd! I feel much better now.

I have only had 1 session so far, due to go back on Wednesday.

Good Luck to anyone going for hypnosis , you won't regret it!

Stacie x

Just thought Id give you all another update.

Still going strong. No desire to eat anything other than meals, and still not managed to finish a single meal.

For lunch yesterday I had about 1/3 of a salmon and brocolli quiche, a big handful of salad and 2 tablespoons of coleslaw. Managed to eat about 3/4 of the meal. Followed it with a banana and couldnt finish that either lol.

FOr tea I had spaghetti Bolognese. This is another of those meals where I would normally finish whatever was in the saucepan during the course of the evening, but not this time. I served my self a cereal bowl sized portion and ate most of it. Left about 2 - 3 mouthfuls. had a cadburys choc mousse thingy after and ate most of that as well.

Im still feeling very positive. I have another appointment on Monday and I was tempted to move it back to the following monday as I seem to be coping very well, but I think I am going to go. I want to give this the best possible chance of working. Scales looking positive as well. Not nearly as impressive as stacie's loss above but im only starting day 4 today and not doing too badly!

Another thing I have noticed is that I havent spent all week thinking how fat I am. I dont mean that I suddenly think I am thin, i just havent been obsessed with my size for the first time in ages.

Going to get my hair cut and coloured this morning.will update again this evening

Sam,

You are doing great, fantastic to see how posotive and upbeat you are!!!

Do you have to listen to any daily cd's or anything??? to back up the hypnosis?

Nas x

Well done Sam,

Sounds great - I'm really interested now, am seriously thinking of getting some sessions maybe to keep me on the straight and narrow with CD, and have massive confidence issues so maybe that would help.

You go girl!!!
X

I would love to try hypnosis but now sure where to look & how do you know if they are any good?
I wouldn't want to do it right now but when i'm going to finish CD.

Also does anyone know if hypnosis helps with confidence?
My confidence is near on zero, when i'm fat or thin. I really want to go back to college this year but the thought of just walking into the college scares the life out of me, let alone being in a classroom with loads of people i don't know.
I want to have the confidence to do things that everyone else does like go places by myself, go to a hairdressers, talk to people without wanting to floor to open up & swallow me.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hypnotherapy is a valuable therapy with which to release past trauma and decondition established habits. Even though our personal unconscious only ever seeks to promote our well being it can often be the seat of faulty learning from our childhood, leading to low self esteem, under achievement and sometimes worse. Often it attempts to protect us by raising our fears and anxieties to phobic levels to keep us from a particular activity or stimulus it sees as dangerous. Utilising hypnosis this way in therapy often facilitates an unconscious relearning process.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hypnotherapy is a valuable therapy with which to release past trauma and decondition established habits. Even though our personal unconscious only ever seeks to promote our well being it can often be the seat of faulty learning from our childhood, leading to low self esteem, under achievement and sometimes worse. Often it attempts to protect us by raising our fears and anxieties to phobic levels to keep us from a particular activity or stimulus it sees as dangerous. Utilising hypnosis this way in therapy often facilitates an unconscious relearning process.[/FONT]
http://www.hypnosisdatabase.co.uk:8080/hd/fmpro?-db=bsch.fp5&-lay=Table&-format=search.htm&-view
I was reading up on this and found this if anyone is looking for a hypnotherapist

How fantastic is that!! Well done Sam! We're in the process of relocating to SC so I may be badgering you for her details too!! When is weigh in? I bet it's dropping off!! Really pleased for you hon xx

This is such a brilliant thread. I'm really interested by it. Ive always wanted to be regressed, but have heard stories about awful hypnotherpists, so never really knew where to find one with a good reputation. After ready this, it's somthing Id seriously think about once I get to goal, to help me maintain. That's without a doubt, the hardest part for me.
Can't wait to find out you loss on monday, Keep it up, you're doing so well.

have read this thread with interest and have a question for Soon to be Gorgeous....I live in Co Durham and was wondering how to find/contact you?
I'm a struggling 2nd time CD'er and think that any help that I could get via hypnosis would be fantastic.

very well done to all you folks who are losing the pounds, which ever way it may be.:cool:

had a busier day today so apologies if any of you have been waiting for an update.

Im still feeling very positive. I had marmalade on toast for brekkie and had to leave a tiny bit. Then had a big catch up on housework and changed all the beds this morning. Had a tin of heinz big soup for lunch (210 cals) and that is the first meal that I have finished completely since MOnday. Then had to dash out to work at about 1.Had two customers to see and got home at about 6pm and had to cook tea. Ive had the first unhealthy meal tonight of the week due to being out all day, it was a frozen steak & Mushroom pie, with some chip shop chips. Its the first time this week that my dinner hasnt been something home cooked.The portion was less than half what I would normally have and didnt quite manage to finish it. I had a mullerlight yoghurt about 10 mins later.

TOnight is the first time since Monday that I have felt like I need to eat something extra in the evening. I havent given in yet, although if the urge gets too much I will choose something reasonably healthy. I wonder if its because I had an unhealthy tea, or if I genuinely havent eaten enough to keep me going today as been on the go all day.

The scales are looking OK but my loss isnt going to be anywhere near as impressive as Stacie. Im not too worried about how long it takes though. I have stopped obsessing about it and as I said in an earlier post, I have stopped obsessing with my appearance so much.

I think I am definitely ready for my second session now. I was thinking of asking her to do me a CD so I can listen to it at home each night to sort of reinforce the message.

HI Sam, Keep it strong! My therapist gave me a CD which I have been listening to and I believe it has helped so it would definetley worth asking for.

Red 42, I am based in co durham as well, if you'd like to pm me your email I will give you details of some reputable therapists and the one I used.

Stacie x

Back