Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Sam, it sounds like it is really working well for you and I think it could be a really useful tool not only for those seeking an alternative method of losing weight but also for those of us that may struggle when we reach maintenance too.

Georgie
xx

Wow Sam that's fantastic, definitely seems to be working then! Fingers crossed you won't need too many sessions for you to stick to it...sounds like it's perfect for you.

Helenx

Has anyone tried the Paul McKenna CD's? It does sound interesting this hypnosis.

There are a lot of these hypnosis cds are any of them worth buying £50 a session is a lot of money for me but if it work worth every penny.

Keep posting wl8s Im very interested to know how this works xx

Inspirational, I have toyed with the idea of hypnotherapy before but thought there it was impossible if you didn't have 100% faith in it, and as I can't ever imagine being in a hypnotic state I gave up on the idea.

As a few people have said everyone can benefit so may do some research and have a look to see who's around the area

When you are washing the dishes, gazing out of the kitchen window - daydreaming - you are actually in a state of natural hypnosis!

Will have to try some out on you!!

When you are washing the dishes, gazing out of the kitchen window - daydreaming - you are actually in a state of natural hypnosis!

Well I never thought of it like that. I guess it's because the things you see on the tv are all about people regressing to former lives and waking up and forgetting everything they've just said. Seems maybe i'm thinking of the hypnotic state as something where you are practically unconcious rather than just a slight change.

STBG - Feel free to try some out on me, I shall look foward to it. :)

Well I never thought of it like that. I guess it's because the things you see on the tv are all about people regressing to former lives and waking up and forgetting everything they've just said. Seems maybe i'm thinking of the hypnotic state as something where you are practically unconcious rather than just a slight change.

Free of charge, of course!

We move up and down the scale of consciousness throughout the day from theta at the bottom and beta at the top.

When we meditate we force our mind into hypnosis - so when we do yoga, relaxation, meditation, knitting, even on a jogging machine at the gym, we can alter our state of consciousness.

Past life regression can be a very useful tool - we can regress to a past life to find the answers to problems in this life be it health, relationship or behaviour problems - then allow the mind to sort itself out.

I did PLR for years before I qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist as I am a working Medium and it was of particular interest to me.

Try PLR it is a great experience.

This is amazing stuff Sam. Keep posting so we can keep updated on how it goes for you meal by meal :)

i'm seriously thinking of having a session once I get to goal - to help me control portion sizes and to not pick throughout the day. The cost of a session will be well worth it if it stops me eating too much and improves my chances of successfully maintaining.

thanks so much for your support dancing. have replied to you on your maintenance thread

I'm not far from Birmingham, so if I can't find a recommended one here can I borrow yours?

i really hope this works for you Sam.
I tried Hypnosis b4 i did CD, it worked for me for 3 weeks then back to old habits. Thought i had it licked after 3 sessions, but obviously not.
we didn't go into any reasons why i got so fat,maybe thats why.
Anyway stay possitive
xx

Inspirational, I have toyed with the idea of hypnotherapy before but thought there it was impossible if you didn't have 100% faith in it, and as I can't ever imagine being in a hypnotic state I gave up on the idea.

As a few people have said everyone can benefit so may do some research and have a look to see who's around the area

I can definitely recommend it AG.

Would love it give it a go but starting back on cd so really can't do both but i think it looks like it works by reading posts on here . how are you feeling Sam

Im feeling great thanks. really positive. definitely worth doing when you have finished with CD

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Sam, it sounds like it is really working well for you and I think it could be a really useful tool not only for those seeking an alternative method of losing weight but also for those of us that may struggle when we reach maintenance too.

Georgie
xx

Thanks for your support Georgie. I didnt have the strength and willpower to stick to CD like you have so hopefully this is the answer to my prayers.

Wow Sam that's fantastic, definitely seems to be working then! Fingers crossed you won't need too many sessions for you to stick to it...sounds like it's perfect for you.

Helenx

Thanks helen. Hope I dont need to many sessions because of the cost, but I actually enjoyed my session yesterday so dont mind if I do have to go 3 or 4 times

Has anyone tried the Paul McKenna CD's? It does sound interesting this hypnosis.

There are a lot of these hypnosis cds are any of them worth buying £50 a session is a lot of money for me but if it work worth every penny.

Keep posting wl8s Im very interested to know how this works xx

thanks mandy. not tried paul mckenna cd but heard good things about it. £50 is worth every penny if it stops my overeating

Thanks STBG. Thats exactly how my therapist explained it to me also. She said one good example is when you drive perhaps to work or the school run, you do the journey 10 times a week and do it without thinking. OFten you can arrive at your destination and wonder how you got there if you know what I mean. she said your unconcious mind is driving the car and taking you your usual route, while your conscious mind is thinking about hanging out the washing or what you are going to have for dinner that night.

HOnestly AG, the hypnotherapy is nothing at all to worry about. It was completely relaxing and felt a little weird because I hadnt experienced it before, but I felt perfectly comfortable throughout. I was completely aware of everything the therapist was saying to me.

Thanks so much for everyones support. It really means a lot. Gonna start chopping veg for tea in a mo and will give you another update later

i really hope this works for you Sam.
I tried Hypnosis b4 i did CD, it worked for me for 3 weeks then back to old habits. Thought i had it licked after 3 sessions, but obviously not.
we didn't go into any reasons why i got so fat,maybe thats why.
Anyway stay possitive
xx

Thanks Cheryl. I have been trying not to get too excited as I know its only day two, and only had one session but I have wondered if the effects will wear off. I hope they dont.

I will stay positive though.

When I do therapy for weight control I programme my clients so that they can practice an exercise at home every day so that it puts them fully in control - of course every hypnotherapist is different in this respect.

Re the driving a car the same route etc, it has been proven that we are a much safer driver when driving like that and are LESS likely to have an accident.

teatime update

I cooked cod fillets, new potatoes, brocolli, carrots and cabbage. My cod fillet was 200g before cooking, put 5 new potatoes on my plate and about 1/2 plate of veg.

This is a much smaller portion than I would normally have served myself. Would normally have had more cod and potatoes and maybe a sauce of some sort to go with it.

Anyway. managed to eat most of the fish, 3 of the potatoes and about 1/2 the veg. To be honest I think I ate too much as I started to feel full quite soon but the fish was so yummy i wanted to try and eat it all. couldnt quite manage it though. about 10 mins later I had a small mullerlight yoghurt.

the day isnt over yet obviously but I am so pleased with myself. I really feel in control and totally positive.

My total food intake so far today is

about 40g of granola with ss milk
about 6oz/150g of jacket potato, with about 100g baked beans and salad followed by a rosemary conley choc mouse
about 180g cod, with 3 new potatoes, a little brocolli, carrots and cabbage followed by a mullerlight yoghurt.

Im rubbish at working out calories so have no idea what that little lot would work out to.

I know this will look like loads to you CDers but compared to the amount I usually pack away in a day this is nothing.

Im so glad that lots of you are finding this thread helpful. Will update again in the morning

Hi Sam,

I know you originally went for hypnotherapy to get you back on the CD track, just wondered if those are still your thoughts, or if you were going to stick with your healthy eating routine?

Glad to hear it is going so well, can you please pm the details too.

Thanks and keep us posted :)

Hiya Sam, You're doing great. Whereabouts in Sutton is this therapist?

Hi Sam,

I know you originally went for hypnotherapy to get you back on the CD track, just wondered if those are still your thoughts, or if you were going to stick with your healthy eating routine?

Glad to hear it is going so well, can you please pm the details too.

Thanks and keep us posted :)

Have PM'd you the details Holly.

I did ask her about using hypno to stick to cd, and she said that she would reluctantly hypnotise me to stick to three packs a day if that was what I wanted. But she said that hypnotherapy would be best used as a completely fresh start. to put all past dieting failures behind me and embrace this as a brand new beginning. so far it seems to be working

I had hypnotherapy for weight loss years ago - had loads of sessions (at least 15!) and whilst it ended up being very useful in helping me understand why i overeat and improving my relationships with my family, i didn't have any effect on my eating habits. There was no suggestive stuff though so maybe that's it!

Back