I am a Chef

The boredom theme is quite a common one. I hear members at the club complain about it quite often. I think it must be even harder to cope with it after 19 months. It' s gonna be difficult to come up with sauces to suit meats or fish or even the old favourite pasta.
A sauce is usually made up of fat, flour and stock or milk as the base. So finding a syn free sauce is hard work. Here is a quick thought, if you make a soup free of any syns or a casserole keep some of the liquid back. You can add to it to make a sauce, for example, chicken with pineapple and rice using the sauce from the casserole with chilli powder added to it and peppers of all colours turns itself into a Caribbean pepper pot. If you have any specific questions on which dishes you want to add a sauce too please don’t hesitate to post again and I will do my best to try and advise you:D

Hi all, i have got a chance to do some work at a very nice restaurant nearby. It's only going to be on a part time basis as i have two jobs already. But the thing is they are going for their first or second michellin star which is a real challenge for all who sail in her and i hope to be a part of that challenge. While i am there i will look at the menu items and methods of cooking and see if i can reduce the fat content of these dishes and without affecting the balance of the dish too much, then maybe I can produce a recipe for the site. I will keep my fingers crossed.:D

Hi all, i have got a chance to do some work at a very nice restaurant nearby. It's only going to be on a part time basis as i have two jobs already. But the thing is they are going for their first or second michellin star which is a real challenge for all who sail in her and i hope to be a part of that challenge. While i am there i will look at the menu items and methods of cooking and see if i can reduce the fat content of these dishes and without affecting the balance of the dish too much, then maybe I can produce a recipe for the site. I will keep my fingers crossed.:D
Good luck and bon appetite xxx

Hi Nigel!

As a fellow chef do u find it difficult in the kitchen at work surrounded by temptation, as soon as I quality control something I'm stuck and can't stop,

Iv tried carrying cereal bars, tictacs and sugar free sweets in my pocket and drinking fizzy drinks that fill me up.
Are you a nibbling chef like me???
Or is it just me? Lol

I have a passion for food... Especially a passion for eating food!

Sammie88 said:
Hi Nigel!

As a fellow chef do u find it difficult in the kitchen at work surrounded by temptation, as soon as I quality control something I'm stuck and can't stop,

Iv tried carrying cereal bars, tictacs and sugar free sweets in my pocket and drinking fizzy drinks that fill me up.
Are you a nibbling chef like me???
Or is it just me? Lol

I have a passion for food... Especially a passion for eating food!

Nigel hasn't posted for nearly 2 years so you may not get an answer! I used to work in a restaurant so was around food all day, and I just drank tons of water and made sure I had free foods that I could snack on. HTH x

Back