I am a Chef

Nigel g

Daft Bloke
Hi I am a chef with 26 years of experience working in the catering industry. I and my girlfriend are on the extra easy diet with slimming world. I am on a misson to produce meals with no syns and no fat. I have produced chicken and fish dishes that have lots of flavour but no syns or fat in them. I have put a recipe for chicken curry on the recipe pages that has no fat or syn value. I will post the other things i make as soon as i get around to it. I hope doing this helps contribute to the other excellent ideas on the forum.:D

I second veggie slow cooker ideas please - especially ones to please staunch fussy meat eater!!....lol

Nigel, thanks for the recipes. It is one of the many things I love about SW you can cook and not rely on ready meals. Going to try the curry on the family tomorrow , will let you know if it gets the thumbs up !

ooooh how exciting - looking forward to trying out your receipe next weekend :)

Almost any vegetables can be put in the slow cooker with the addition of a good stock the outcome is excellent. My tip would be to use sweet potato in your recipe as it is high in fibre and the cooking process will not destroy it's qualities as much as boiling does. Steaming potatoes and veg is allways my preferred option. The slow cooker is an excellent choice in methods of cooking especially if you are thinking ahead to tea time or for freezing. If you do cook vegetables in your slow cooker i would recommend you use a good quality low fat stock, the best i have found that is in supermarkets is the Kalo organic veg stock, it's low in fat and it's got a lot more flavour than other comparible stock cubes ive found. A hand or worktop blender is a must if you are a soup lover because most of the veg casserole recipes can be turned into soup the addition of lentals is a must in my book.

Hi, Thanks for the curry recipe, I love curry and will quite often spend my syns on one, but its great to get recipes with less syns that I can make myself, I bet its cheaper too! I can't wait to see some more of your recipes on here. I have a slow cooker, so will be rooting that out of the cupboard again too.
Thanks, and good luck with SW!

cheers me dear - will have to go nosey as I'm getting a bit samey again and need inspiration - however I am a meat lover and mainly do red's - just incase you're not !

Ooh excellent! Can't wait I make a conscious effort to try and cooking something new once a week, I have a subscription to good food and olive magazine but some of them are hard to make syn free! I can't wait for more from you, I eat anything.........except Mayo, actually all condiments! Yuk!

Welcome to the forum Nigel how great to have a chef on the forum so many new ideas coming up me thinks. Love your curry recipe.

WOW welcome welcome welcome NIGEL !!!!! Can't wait to try your recipes - a trained chef inventing us synfree/low syn meals that taste great - fellow Minimins - we have been blessed!!! LOL

welcome to the forum nigel...ur idea sounds like a fab suggestion, i look forward to some delicious recipes :)

Brilliant just what i need after 19 months boredom is setting in. Do you have any ideas for sauces that don't involve tomatoes, creme fraiche or yogurt ?

Back