I am back and so so so happy!

Marvellous for weight loss hoorah its moving!!!!!!!

Ive got one of those kindle fire things, theyre a bit like an Ipad is a life saver when you're waiting anywhere can just whip it out and read or go online amazing!!!

Not a paramedic, i'm a mental health nurse and on night we do all the emergency assessments in the a and e department so sometimes i might see 1 person and others i might see 7 or 8 just depends, weekends are predominently busy just basically due to people making nwise decisions after they've had a few but i enjoy it and no 2 days are the same :) Sleep very well in the day when on nights, ive got a fan in my room that blocks out all external noise and obviously helps in the heat and blackout curtains. Should hopefully get easier in about 5/6 weeks when we're hoping to move to a bigger house thats a 3 storey 1 so at the weekend if hubby and ella are in i shouldn't get disturbed by them playing whilst i sleep.

Ooooo ive never heard of that type of paint before, sounds lovely, where's it from?

Yes these tablets are ever so useful! I have to get to a lot of libraries for my thesis but I don't want to travel with my expensive laptop with me. This will be a nice compromise :).

Yes, the paint is really nice. I get mine from a shop in Leighton Buzzard but you can easily find it online. I hate sanding with a passion so it's a nifty solution for me!

A mental health nurse: that must be pretty exhausting! My grandfather was 'head nurse' (don't really know the proper term...) in a psychiatric hospital and almost entirely worked night shifts as it paid more and he had 4 mouths to feed. He often tells me how exhausting and rewarding his job was.

It'll be great when you can move to a bigger house. I feel so sorry for my husband in our very small 2-up2-down house... Even if I'm the only one there, I still make noise by using the loo or opening and closing doors. I have stared turning the doorbell off as well as unplug the landline as this would wake him up too. Night shifts are really hard on the body and the mind!

I won't celebrate my weightless until it is official WI day. I, stupidly I readily admit, am pretty superstitious with these things ;-p

I can feel sleep coming for me. Thank God it won't be another night of insomnia (I hope!)

Good luck on your night shift xxx

PS: Bessie, don't forget to tell us about your spa day when you can :)

Hope you've slept well bookworm oo and yes Bessie hope you had an amazing spa day.

night shift hasnt been too bad, got 2hours to go and not had many assessments so i can't grumble, unlike my stomach that spent the first 4 hours groaning ughhh!!!!

You're a more dedicated wife than me lol i wouldnt turn phone off if it was hubby doing nights but then nor does he for me but the noise of my fan in room pretty much drowns everything out. When i was 18 i used to rpefer night shifts to day, took me about 5 months to get used to oing days when i switched after 12 months and so far i don't seem to be overly tired but it'll be interesting how it pans out over the 12 weeks, i'd imagine i'll be ready to go back on days by then and yes it does pay significantly better than day shifts. We get time and 1/3 for Mon to thurs night then fri night after midnight through to sat midnight we get time and 2/3rds then sun we get just short of double pay, should come in just in handy for moving house and buying all the niceties like new wardrobes etc :) Need to find some time to go shopping for a nice big lounge mirror and some wall art oh and we'll need curtain rails for each room and we've been given permission to decorate as long as we put it back to how it was when let out when we leave so think i'd like to do a feature wall in lounge and maybe same in Ella's room but gotta wait first til mid next week before we know for definite we can move in!!

Gosh you 2 have been busy chatting - so much to catch up on- Has the thread been moved I couldn't find it this morning - had to do a search.

Book worm 2lbs and an i-pad - not thats just plain greedy :). Glad the weight is moving again. Leighton Buzzard - I used to live there when i was first married (a long long time ago!). That paint sounds lovely - might have to try that - we still have loads of "rustic" honey one from the 80s which has now mellowed to the most undelightful shade of orange... I have sanded one table right back and looks OK but painting always been too much with stripping, priming etc.

massage and spa day was heavenly - feel totally spoilt and pampered - well I did until I walked back through the front door then realty hit with a big hard punch in the belly! ;-(
Started with an hour in the gym - did my normal routine so was nice tnot to miss a session on that. Then sat in hydrotherapy pool followed by hot tub then the relax room to chat followed by pedicure - I now have shiny bronze toe nails - I know I am beginning to start the feel better about myself when I start to bother about myself again if that makes sense. The my friend had lunch and I had a tetra! then more chat and a mini facial. The day without treatments was a real bargain - 2 for £22 to use all the facilities - the treatments were my treat to her because she kickstarted me back into the cambridge zone 6 1/2 weeks ago when she dragged me down to aqua fit - don't know why it worked by did the aquafit and left it determined to get going on CD again and haven't looked back since. To top it all another lb off this morning so thats 3 stone gone and not 7 weeks until next tuesday

Another busy day today - chasing round the countryside doing the shopping, visiting mother, cleaning and tidying.... Catch up again later

Have a good saturday

Nina, my grandfather actually told me that its easier to do long stints on nights rather than have shorter shifts. And I think he's right... My husband's night shifts are only 4 nights and he doesn't have the time to adjust at all... I hate to think what it does to his health :-(

Oh how exciting that you'll get to decorate a house! In my experience, professional landlords (I understand from your post that you're renting?) don't care how you decorate the property as long as you give it back painted magnolia and with neutral floors. People letting their home because they can't sell it/ afford the mortgage seem to be much more protective! In any case, I hope you enjoy the experience! There is only a few things I love more than cosying up my home! What is your style? You should check dun elm mill. I know some people find them grannyish but they have changed a lot and we found bargain staples in there.

Bessie, I hate the prepping too. I just want to give up after a few minutes of sanding, lol. And that's despite having an electric sander :eek: The Annie Sloan paint means you don't have to do that at all, but it takes time to getting used to. I'm still struggling with the amount of paint I use and it takes ages to dry LOL

Your day at the spa sounds so lush. I love facials. I would love to go have one but I feel so self conscious about my hirsutism :( And I agree: we know we've learnt to love ourselves when we start taking care of our poor neglected bodies! In fact, my husband can tell my mood by wether or not I bothered putting a bit of makeup and perfume!

I think my thread was moved to the diaries section. It has turned into a diary, it is logical it got moved I think :) You should be able to check the threads you took part in for updates. It's somewhere on the top right hand corner...

I love my iPad so much, I may be slightly obsessed with it :D

Evening lovely ladies. Bessie oh my goodness your spa experience sounds amazing and a fantastic deal too, very jealous!!!! Just what you need though to treat yourself and wow 3stone in under 7 weeks is just phenomenal!!!!

Bookworm so glad those lbs are moving you're going to be at your goal before you know it at this rate!!!

Yes we are renting, we've rented this town house 3 bed for almost 5yrs and was planning on getting a mortgage this year but there was an error on my credit report and by the time it had been rectified the house we fell in love with had sold and there's nothing anything like we've seen since and as Ella's 3 next week we need to be in an area we want her school to be which means moving before November so we've decided rather than setlle for a house that's ours that we dont love to rent again. Great thing about this house is its in a beautiful area, quiet cul de sac with lots of families, 2 very good schools within walking distance and it's a 4 bed, it's also a new build so we were thinking that maybe in say 18 months or so if we still love it we might approach the landlord and ask if he'd consider selling as its got potential in the back garden for a lovely conservatory and as it's 4 bed we'd never need to move.

Have already asked them about decorating and like the place we're already in as long as it's back to white they dont mind but we've decided to get some decals (wall stickers) instead then at least i can change my mind when i get fed up. Found and purchased decals for every room for a grand total of £28 hehe it's very exciting!!!!!

Well my night shifts finished for this week and in the 3 shifts i only had to see 4 people and took 3 phone calls so i can't grumble atall, settling me in nicely hehe. Off work now til Wed night and today we went to a friend's BBQ, i'd already decided i was only eating if it was chicken, i know i'm on 1200 plan but i'd rather not have burgers and sausages too much fat and i stuck with it, they hadnt done any chicken so i just had my tetra and drank water whilst everyone else was having beer and wine and i wasnt even tempted so i'm very pleased with myself. Just have to prepare myself for the classic 2nd week low weight loss result and hope it doesn't deter me from being 100%

Oooh and we're taking Ella to Blackpool Zoo tomorrow and sofa shopping :-D Do you 2 have any nice plans? xx

Hi nina and bookworm - and greetings from Portugal. Glad to see the lbs starting to slide bookworm- what a relief- nina the new house sounds ideal- it's do difficult when schools start to become an issue.

I came out here determined to stick to ss, but very tempted by tuna and salad which I know is ok on ss+ and 810 but really worried if I do it that will be the start of the slippery slope... Argh why is this weight loss thing never easy

Hi ladies, Bessie i hope you're having a fabulous time in Portugal and 810 wow to do that abroad would be amazing, remember this is a good chance for you to see how you'll cope in the "real world" when you're at goal so i'd say try it.

Bookworm hope you've been having a good few days.

Im on cloud 9, 2nd week WI and lost 6lbs oh my goodness thats literally 1 st in 2 weeks i'm just AMAZED, last time it took me 6 weeks to lose a stone!!!
I'm back on my nights tonight so may or may not be able to post, depends how the nights go

Go nina that's a great second week loss :) you'll be there before you know it. I'm still sticking to ss out here- 810 is my fall back plan. Run out of bars now so having to resort to shakes on the beach- will look like a right numpty mixing it but who cares!

Even managed day one of vouch potato to 5k today at 0730 on the beach - but boy was it hot- neat melted into a puddle of fat. Did someone say holiday??

Bookworm hope all is ok

Ladies, I think I'm just going to forget about the past 2 days... I am so ashamed of myself, the diet went out the window. But there is no need to dwell on the past so I am back on it now. Feeling very hormonal do to PMS and so annoyed that Iam living the 'mid-stone curse' again. You know, when the excitement of changing stone has died down and yet leaving this stone seems so far away because you're stuck in the middle...

Anyway, Bessie, I admire you for being so good on holiday! Are you on 810 now?

And Nina, WOW, just wow. Hard work does pay-off. I am so happy for you that your second WI was so encouraging: you deserve it!

I'll be in touch soon, hopefully to report that I have lost all the weight I put on the past 2 days...

I hate that mid stone felling as well bookworm- it just goes on forever. I'm still ssing away here- 810 is really my all else fails option! It's tough sitting with my friend watching her eat but she has been a complete star about it. All the restaurants bar one have also been great about me not eating as well. All i can say is I better not have plateaued when I get home!!!!!

I hate that mid stone felling as well bookworm- it just goes on forever. I'm still ssing away here- 810 is really my all else fails option! It's tough sitting with my friend watching her eat but she has been a complete star about it. All the restaurants bar one have also been great about me not eating as well. All i can say is I better not have plateaued when I get home!!!!!

You are very good Bessie. It'd be unfair if you plateaued! But please don't do like me and eat because you feel down if that happens. I ate because on Wednesday morning, I had put on 2lbs for absolutely no apparent reason. I even cried like a baby :eek:

We will have earned our figures :D

((((Hugs))))) for crying- know how you feel :-( and good luck with ss+ I just know you can do it- you have done so well so far:)

Hiya ladies, sorry i wasnt onyesterday been a ridiculously busy night. Bookworm nevermind about lst 2 days and good luck for SS+ i'm sure you'll do swimmingly on it and 10lbs be off before you know it :)

It's almost the weekend ladies woohoooo one more night **** for me this week then 4 whole days of busy busy busy!!!!

Well ladies, perfect SS+ day yesterday and lost 1lb overnight. Still waiting for my periods to start and I'm feeling painfully bloated :-(

I've also taken the decision to go back to driving. I used to drive a lot to commute to work before we moved 6 months ago and then stopped as I wasn't working. I hate hate hate driving, I'm always paranoid someone is going to swerve or do something and I won't be able to avoid them... But I can't let my anxieties take over my life like that, especially as ill have to start commuting in September! Wish me luck! And it actually helps me focus on something else than my diet.

Yay for the end of night shifts Nina! And Bessie, thanks for the hug. I know they were only virtual but I needed them. I had a mini breakdown on Wednesday and perhaps I needed it? I'm really focused now. Xxxx

Ps: am I the only ridiculously nervous driver on here?

Back