ProPoints I am going to do it!

Well done on staying motivated after a disappointing weigh-in. It's so easy to get dis-heartened when you know you've been good but like Nissi says, your monthly cycle and your tummy trouble are pound to have contributed to the gain. Just imagine if you'd gone off plan like your friend, you would have gained so much more than half a pound and that half a pound will be gone (and some!) by your next weigh-in because you are determined and focussed :)

Here's to a good week! x

Thanks Milliemoo!

It's been a rough week, my IBS played up big time and I'm still suffering. I might have to get myself some tablets from the chemist to soothe the cramps. I thought it was just period pain but it's gone now and the cramps are still here.

On the plus side I now know that Chocolate Weetabix and couscous are IBS triggers for me so I'll have to avoid them. Pity because both of them were yummy!

I was stressing so much about the 0.5lb gain last week that I thought I'd take some time off (from myself) and just try and get on with things without analysing what I was eating etc.

After my leader hinted that I might not have been eating enough I thought I would eat all my points every day. I've actually ate about 22 weekly points at this stage as I ate some weeklies every day. This was mostly in trying to get two bowls of All Bran into me every day to try and sort my tummy out.

I never usually eat this many weekly points so I'm feeling both guilty and nervous about that at the same time.

Guilty in that... have I trained my body into a way of going that I'm unable to eat my weeklies now without gaining weight? and nervous in that I couldn't take another gain this week at weigh in...

Here I go analysing again!

Off for my nightly bowl of All Bran, banana and milk... I actually look forward to it now!

Night x

Thanks Nissi! I have tried to settle myself that even if I have a gain tomorrow then it'll be because I've ate more... (and I needed to eat more)... so then after that... things will even out and hopefully I'll be on the path downwards again.

Sorry to hear your IBS has been playing up Jillz :( especially when you discover something you enjoy is a trigger. You are doing so well to maintain the positive attitude though and I hope you are rewarded at the scales this week. Whatever the scales say though, your body shape must be clearly changing if others are noticing and dishing out the compliments - make sure you lap them up! x

Here I am on my rollercoaster again! :giggle:

I lost 2.5lb tonight at WI which means I lost that pesky 0.5lb gain from last week and 2lb more! :bliss:

Everything is good with the world again! Thank god! I couldn't have taken another gain as I am trying so hard.

DF and I are heading away on our weekend away tomorrow so we're going to Westport on the west coast of Ireland and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll have to try and be good while I'm away so maybe I'll try the Simply Filling plan for a couple of days or maybe it's enough to just ask myself to go easy on the cooked breakfasts, lovely food and wine! :innocent0001:

Thanks Nissi! I am going to relax and enjoy myself.

Only thing is that unless the hotel as wifi I'll not be on the internet. Travelling a few miles over the border into the Republic of Ireland means that I'll be roaming on my network and the data charges are horrific! I'll be with you all in spirit though :)

I meant to say... today I wore a dress! Friends at work were gobsmacked. No one has ever seen my legs before. My apple shape meant that I didn't suit any dresses or skirts so I've stuck to trousers for years.

But... I found a very flattering black, drop waist dress with little birds printed on it in Next and I just love it!

DF wants me to wear it every day as he hadn't seen my legs on show ever either... :flirt2:

*happy*

Good Afternoon.
Thank you for your support, i hope your still staying on track xx

Hope you have a fab weekend Jillz! You deserve it after all your hard work. Your new dress sounds lovely, just my sort of thing.

Well done on the 2.5lbs off :D it would have been easy to get disillusioned by the 0.5lb gain the week before but you didn't! x

OMG!
:break_diet:

Well I'm back at work after our fabulous weekend away.

I honestly set out with the best of intentions. I had a bag packed with WW snacks, apples, bananas, all bran carefully weighed out in case the hotel didn't have any... and... I'm back with most of it.

To start with we had to drive to Westport via Bangor (which if you look at a map is driving from the North West of the island, all the way over to the east to have to drive half way down the island to the west again)... so we were driving all day.

DF stops in at a South African restaurant around lunch time and I order a bbq breast of chicken with veg. It came with potatoes and gravy. Heroically, I didn't touch either the gravy or the potatoes. Not so heroically though, I ordered the lemon and passion fruit tart for dessert which was obviously made with condensed milk. It has to be the most divine thing that I've tasted ever.

By the time we reached the hotel it was 8.30pm and we were both hungry. Into the restaurant and I ordered the stuffed breast of chicken with tarragon and cream sauce. I :airquote:forgot :airquote: to order the sauce on the side so the whole plate was swimming in this gorgeous creamy sauce. I tried and did manage not to eat it all but felt guilty at eating two dinners in one day. Still I didn't eat the potatoes... so that's something.

I had a Fry's turkish delight somewhere along the way too. At this point, I had decided that that was my 49 weekly points taken care of so I'd be really good from now on.

The next morning and we're down for breakfast... I ordered bran flakes (they came with full cream milk... aargh!) I ordered a plate of bacon, with two poached eggs, some beans and tomato.. I was doing simply filling that day y'see...

I had two slices of brown bread along with that, and for some unknown reason I put butter on them!

So anyway, I thought I should point all that and I think it came to about 30pp and that was only breakfast! :wave_cry: bye bye good intentions!

I'd be better at lunchtime, I promised myself. It was pouring with rain so we stopped in at this mountain lodge for lunch. I had the carrot and ginger soup and they assured me there was no cream in it... it was devine! The waitress talked me into having a salad too so I demanded balsamic dressing with it. I couldn't believe it when she brought out a caesar salad, complete with cheese, chicken with the skin on. I was completely sabotaged! I shared this with DF to minimise damage. ;)

We stayed at this mountain lodge nearly until tea time (I had a couple of ports to while away the time). The waitress there had recommended an Italian restaurant for tea so we stopped in about 8pm. I ordered a pepperoni pizza, salad, chips and garlic bread between the two of us. DF announces then that he's not hungry! :eek:
But he soon gets into the swing of things by the time the food arrives. I ate 3/8 of the pizza, half of the salad (with what looked like a mayo dressing :sigh:) a few chips and a slice of garlic bread. Totally stuffed we went for a walk around the town. Stopping into a shop to look at the valentine's cards and picking up a wispa gold bar on the way. :break_diet:

So the next day we're heading home, I was much better at breakfast and had bran flakes with bare minimum amount of milk. Two poached eggs on toast with no butter. I was determined to try and get things back on track.

DF stops in at a chippy on the way up for lunch. I didn't even protest at this stage. What was the point? Who was I kidding?

I had a taco chip for lunch (chips, mince beef with peppers and onions, taco sauce and grated cheese). I was disgusted when I was finished and my mouth felt all "fatty". I could see all the fat running about the bottom of the tray... so what better to combat that but a warm chocolate muffin with ice cream split between me and DF.

"Right, that is totally it now!", I said to myself and off we drove back home.

Arriving back at the house, both of us felt sick. I can honestly say that I have never felt so full of complete and utter rubbish. We only had a bowl of All bran for tea.

On the way up the stairs to bed I thought I'd weigh myself. Normally if I'm weighing at home, I weigh wearing my pjs or nightdress but at that point I was wearing my jeans, belt, heavy boots etc but I still couldn't believe my eyes! I was 10lb heavier!!

I'll check that again in the morning I said to myself as I climbed into bed. It was an odd feeling, I had such a brilliant time with DF, just me and him and it wasn't just about eating whatever I wanted, it was just about being together away from all of our usual stresses and responsibilities and yet the scales were scaring me with the news.

I weighed myself the next morning and I had gained 3lb! There it was the shocking truth and cost of my weekend of being off plan.

Yesterday we were still in holiday mode but we ate sensibly. Cereal for breakfast, crusts away sandwich for lunch and chicken kebab and salad for tea out at a restaurant.

I weighed myself again this morning and think it's down now to a 2.5lb gain... so I reckon it'll be a miracle if I at best STS this week but more likely to have a gain.

So there it is... I thought I was a changed woman and that WW had taught me new eating habits but apparently not. Still, I had a damn good time while I was away and that's what matters most!

Thank you and yes, good idea Nissi! I did do Davina's ultimate workout yesterday and plan to do it today too so hopefully it'll help shift those extra pounds. Must get some more fruit in too - cupboards are empty at the moment.

I agree with everything Nissi has said - wise words as always :) You let your hair down for the weekend and now you can get back on track and pull it back - even if you do end up with a small gain this week, you know you can get rid of it next week and one weekend off won't undo all the hard work you've put in so far and will put in in the future.
I have done Davina this week - that woman is a demon! You should definately earn a fair few activity points there! x

Thanks boofle and milliemoo! Yeah that latest Davina dvd is really hardcore. I'm sweating just doing the warm up! Her 2010 Davina fit DVD is definitely easier than this new one. Mind you it's not easy either just easier :)

Weighed myself this morning and could be down to a 0.5lb gain. That wouldn't be too bad. I don't think I'll take a gain as badly as I did 2 weeks ago because at least I would know why and I would deserve it.

DF and I have just finished our "romantic valentines dinner". I didn't want to go out as I have WI tomorrow. I had my fave M&S Tuscan pasta (17pp) and one of their chocolate mousse/frappe (3pp) so I feel satisfied and treated. That's me out of points for today and I've (obviously) no weekly points left. I would really love a small port but will try and abstain. I can have one tomorrow night ;)

Happy Valentine's everyone x

Well, it was a half a pound on but it's ok. The world hasn't ended like it did a few weeks ago. This time I know I'm at fault.

I've been ultra good since Sunday and it's paid off, my weight gain could have been 3 or more pounds but it was only half a pound so I'm looking at it like that.

On another note, I think I'm wearing less and less to weigh ins these days! I've started wearing dresses now so that I'm not weighing trousers as well. I've also got a pair of ultra light ballerina slipper shoe type things so that I'm not weighing the shoes or boots. I've not left myself much room to remove anything else so it's a good job the class has some standards or who knows what I'd be wearing to get weighed in :giggle:

Lol! That's us before weigh in! At the toilet making sure there isn't one ounce of spare fluid left lol.

I would love to try Zumba but I have zero hand to foot coordination so I've always shied away from it thinking I'd not be able to do it.

Back