ProPoints I am going to do it!

Well done keep it up lol x

Hi Nissi yes hope the weather picks up we are coming for 8 weeks 0n 5/3 the weather here is awful too have good weekend lol x

Well the weekend with the kids is going well. The weather is rubbish.. Windy and rainy so maybe it's just as well we didn't get away. I had organised a last minute photo shoot for the kids (£8 voucher from groupon) so we had great fun at that. My DD came along too so we squeezed in a family shot of us all too. Highlight of my day though was finding a gorgeous Firetrap jacket with fur collar in the last of the January sales - £150 reduced to £36 and best of all it fitted me! I've never owned anything by a label like that as i could never fit into it. Needless to say I bought it, wore it and felt a million dollars in it.

DF had to get going to the Chinese after the photo session and I was outnumbered so off we went. I had a small chicken chow mein though to minimise damage.

Today we went to the kids club cinema to see puss in boots (fabulous film) and I managed to get them home again to have a sensible potato, carrots and chicken dinner at home. Have 7pp left for the rest of the day so fingers crossed I get through without going over my daily points. Still haven't used any of my weeklies :)

Thanks Nissi - you're absolutely right. There was more fate too! DD found a Saturday job while we were in town shopping after months of searching... so yes, we were never meant to go away this weekend at all!

Birthday meals are a good reason for using weekly points ;)

Well... words can't describe what I am feeling at the moment. But these smilies might go a wee bit to do that for me...

:wee::woohoo::banana dancer:

I had a 5.5lb weight loss tonight!! That's 22lb in total now. I got my third silver 7 and my 10% award!

After last week's 1.5lb gain I was ultra good. I mean I swore I saw a halo over my head at one point! I didn't use any of my weekly 49 points and I did Davina's workout 3 times.

Our leader had said to another girl at class (who had gained even though she'd been really good) that she should eat all of her points, suggesting that she wasn't eating enough.

I don't know though.. I'm not one to eat all of the 49 points each week but it certainly made a difference on the scales this week when I didn't use any...

Anyway... I'm on cloud nine tonight!

Thanks girls!! The support on here is what makes it enjoyable.

Boofle, you'll get that pound off and more next week. I'm sure!

I think my points got reduced from 29 to 28 as it flashed on the screen but the leader didn't say... don't know if I should just go down anyway.

I'm all motivated to do a great week next week. Fingers crossed!

I would stick with 29 then if your weight loss slows you have a little bit of room for reducing without starving, i was really hungry on 26 lol x

Thanks Boofle, I'm going to try the 28 but allow myself the leeway to use that extra 1 in case I feel I need it. Weekends are the hardest for me though... if I'm going to go over my points and use my weeklies I'll do it on Saturday or Sunday.

My DD and I are going to Lisburn tomorrow to get her photograph taken. That's a long way from home for us (we're coming from Derry) so I'm going to plan the food before we go so that she doesn't tempt me into the chippy for a quick meal. She would do that! :eek:

I am obsessed with graphs at the moment to chart my progress, I have one on my signature, I have two on the apps on my mobile (one for WW WI and one for early morning no clothes on WI) and I have a good old fashioned pencil and paper one in my desk drawer at work! No one can accuse me of not taking this seriously :p

So anyway, I've charted my weight loss so far and drawn another three lines on the chart. Those three lines represent me...

1. reaching my goal weight by my summer holidays (28th July 2012)
  2. reaching my goal weight by my year's anniversary of starting WW (28th September 2012)
  3. reaching my goal weight by Christmas 2012
At the moment I'm kinda in between target lines 2 and 3. I know weight loss will probably plateau at some point but I think I'm just eager to see where I'm going and trying to see how fast I can get there.

I guess my body (and me) will get there at its own pace though... still it's exciting every week to plot my progress and see the line come down the page!

The graphs sound like a great idea Jillz, maybe I should try and do one? Hope you and DD have a lovely day tomorrow and well done for planning ahead - I think I would crumble if someone suggested a chippy tea to me :eek:) I passed the chipshop yesterday lunchtime on my walk and it was only the thought of getting arrested that stopped me ripping the packets of chips off the school children standing outside, lol Luckily I'd left my purse at home otherwise my weekly PP would no longer be intact! x

Lol I have to say it takes mucho will power to resist chippy chips!

I would definitely do a graph it's a great way of motivating (me anyway)

Well I ordered a WW tape measure off eBay and it arrived today. I measured everyone in the house! DF's waist measurement was larger than he thought so believing I was wrong he pulled it in tighter and tighter until he... broke it! Aargh!

I think he's admitted to himself now that I might have been right. He should have known that anyway... I'm always right lol :)

Great day yesterday with DD and my parents came along too for the trip. I was well organised with packed lunch and suitable treats for me and them. On the way home we stopped in at an outlet mall and we had the obligatory stop in at a coffee shop. I resisted all temptation for coffee and had a mint tea. I find I don't want to eat anything when I drink a mint tea however it took all my willpower to do that and resist the goodies around me.

Today I've been so hungry and cold. I made chicken, veg and potatoes for dinner with apple crumble pudding. Nevertheless I was still craving something. I ate an apple and banana mid afternoon and that settled me for a bit. When the troops started talking about making something for tea I was weak and had two thin slices of homemade bread with a thin scraping of butter. It hit the spot! I also had a WW bar!

God when I write it down it's an awful lot of eating in a few hours!

I reckon I've used about 10 of my weeklies and I'm annoyed at myself as I wanted to do another week of avoiding them. Ah well...

I've a pot of moroccan slow cooked stew on simmering and that's for the next couple of day's lunches. It was recommended by someone at work. Think it works out at 3pp per serving. Smells good anyway!!

Trying to get up the motivation to do davina's workout but it's not happening just yet.

I did Davina last night.. it was the new 2012 one "Ultimate workout"... and it certainly was. I was starting to sweat after just the warm up. 16 minutes in and I was soaking in sweat but I knew it was doing me good.

I was explaining to my mum about the bonus exercise points we can get and how the book says.. can you talk? can you sing? anyone that knows me knows that I can't sing a note... ever.. so I should get maximum points always for that!

I am eating the moroccan slow cooked stew as we speak. It is gorgeous! I don't want to get to the end of the bowl!

Here's a link to the recipe but I'll paste the whole thing in too..

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=72691

Moroccan Slow Cooked Stew

Though delicious on its own, our cumin scented stew can please heartier appetites when served over couscous and sprinkled with chopped coriander.

ProPoints® Value: 2
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 365 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled

1 small Onion, All Types, chopped

1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed

4 portion(s) (large) Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1cm cubes

4 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes

1 can(s) (large) Tomatoes, Whole or Chopped, Canned

1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, with 125ml water

1/2 teaspoons Chilli Flakes, dried

1 teaspoons (level) Cumin, Ground

1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon

400 g Chick Peas, Cooked or Canned, drained

1/2 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), season to taste

1 pinch Salt, season to taste

Instructions

• Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes.
  • Add butternut squash, carrots, tomatoes, stock, cinnamon, cumin, chilli flakes, chickpeas and seasoning. Cover and turn on to low heat; simmer for 2 hours.

Last edited:
It's definitely warming and comforting food without breaking any rules so I'd definitely recommend it especially if the weather is being unkind. It's just waiting 2 hours until it's ready is the hard part :)

Mmmmm that Stew sounds delicious I think I'm going to try and make that this week as I could do with shaking things up - I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut lunchtime wise; either eating a ham sandwich or having an omlette.
Well done on being so organised for your day out - it is that kind of focus and dedication which will get you where you want to be in no time :) x

My IBS played up big time last night so I only ate 20pp yesterday. I was actually scared to eat anything else as... well... I'll not explain.

I was blaming the stew as I did put rather a large spoonful of chilli flakes into it but I'm thinking today that it wasn't that at all, it was probably a fruit salad that I ate. It had been in and out of the fridge a couple of times and was looking a bit tired by the time I was eating it yesteday afternoon. I shouldn't have ate it. Overripe fruit is defo bad for my poor tummy.

So today, I'm still a bit scared to eat. I've had a bowl of all bran and banana for breakfast and have another bowl with me for lunch. I have to sit in on interviews this afternoon so can't afford to be rushing out to the loo during the middle of them.

On another note, I was down at my parents' house after work and my Mum told me to buy myself some new trousers and never ever wear those ones again... my work trousers are hanging on me so I'll have to get a smaller size! :happy036:

Feels nice wearing something that's loose on me rather than something that is too tight but she's right, they're doing nothing for me and actually make me look bigger than I really am... so I'll have to go shopping!

0.5lb gain! Oh dear have been so good. Only used 7 of my weekly points so my leader asked if I'm eating enough. I looked at my daily points and I averaged 25 a day over the 6 days so maybe that's it. However I know I took 2 Imodium the other day after the IBS incident and I've not been to the toilet since.

I feel that I'm on a cycle of losing one week and gaining the next and I'm blaming my toilet routine (or lack of) on it.

My period has just started so maybe that's it but I just wish things would settle for me.

My friend was off plan all week and gained 0.5lb the same as me so that's a bit disheartening but I know I'm on track so will try to focus on that.

Thanks Nissi! Your words really help! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. One week I'm all yay!! Cloudnine! Etc and the next week I'm down. I'm not usually like this but I guess I care about succeeding at this and I am working hard at it.

Will try and eat more and maybe drink more water too. Will try the hot lemon water for defs!

x

Back