I am NOT a happy bunny!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
So when I started this diet I sat and thought about it all, and about who I wanted to tell. Me and my friend were starting together and I decided I didn't really want to tell anyone else. I wanted to just be able to get on with the diet, no-one telling me it was dangerous or putting in their two pennies worth, just me, Becky and the diet, getting on with it! But I decided to tell my mum because living with her she needed to know as she'd notice me not eating dinner. But I clearly said to her I wasn't going to tell people yet. I wanted to see who noticed without knowing to look, if that makes sense!

So then a couple of days later I get a text from one of my sisters about the diet telling me to be careful. So that means she told her. Then I went to one of my other sisters last weekend for a BBQ (I didn't eat!) and she knew, so obviously my mum told her as well. And then yesterday one of my other sisters (yes, I have a lot!!) was over and was really in my face with food so I thought she didn't know. And then just now on facebook I have some girl I barely know asking me how my diet's going on my wall!! I don't want to announce to the world of facebook I'm on a diet! I do know her through my sister when we were little but haven't spoken to her in a long time. And she tells me that that same sister had told her last night. And then I'm at the hairdressers and my other sister (the BBQ one) just spurts out to the hairdresser who I've never met in my life I'm on a diet.

Am I overreacting? I just wanted to just be able to do this diet without everyone watching me. Without people looking at me and going it's about time. It just makes me feel rubbish about myself. I probably am overreacting. I just clearly said at the beginning that I didn't want my mum to tell people and now it's like the whole world knows and I didn't tell any of them! Other than two of my friends. It just feels like they've all been talking about me and how I need this diet behind my back. I actually feel like crying, which I know is stupid. It's just really annoyed me!

Sorry. Rant over.

That's the only thing about this diet, it really messes you up!
Don't worry about it honey, I think all women are just naturally interested in diets and will ask (even if they couldn't care less!)
(((((hugs)))))))

x

Caroline..........concentrate on your fab losses and the other things will fade into the background!

oh caroline, I would be mad too. I think u maybe should wait a day until u tell your mum u know she's told. She will only have told your sisters out of concern though. Maybe she didn't understand it properly and was asking your sisters for advise and their thoughts. Now she is maybe better informed and is keeping quieter because she's happy for you.
I know what you mean about compliments from people who don't know your dieting. I got one from a man! (friend) and it made me so happy because others had been from people that know.
Its up to you why and when you diet. If anyone says anything, just say I'm looking to get a healthy bmi, they can't argue with that. It may be that its a good thing that all your sisters are in the know.
Facebook, just reply, what sorry do I know you, have we met? I don't know, just ignore her, don't reply, then for everyone else its neither yes or no. CD is a big deal for you right now, but for the other women that may have seen that post, how many do u think are on a failing diet right now, I've been there many times.

I would just delete her post and ignore it, honey. I have had people writing on my facebook wall about it and I really don't need the public information broadcasts!
x

I know exactly how you feel! its like they dont have anything else interesting other than your diet and that's kind of embarrassing!
You should be able to deal with your diet/weight in private and not use it as a public flogging!
I have told a select few about my diet, but i dont want it being public knowledge! I know my DH's family hate me enough without being under the telescope for my eating and weight as well! I will be after blood if DH tells on me! lol.
For the time being, ignore them all and focus on losing shed loads of weight and prove them that you can rise above it!
Your doing fab, dont let them get you down
xxxxx

Private emotions - public property!

hi Caroline!

I can relate whole heartedly after years of knowing that if I tell my Mum anything, it'll instantly be broadcast far and wide.. and if I ask her not to, it'll simply be broadcast far and wide with the added sentence: "she's a bit sensitive about it, so don't tell her I told you but..."

I guess my conclusions have been:
-I try really hard to not tell Mum stuff that I'd not like everyone to know (I find this HARD though!)
-I love her deeply, and feel really fortunate to have her as my Mum, but I don't live in the same COUNTY! Haha! :D ..You're a braver woman than me living with your Mum :)
-No one ever really knows my feelings unless I confide in them, even if they know some of my situation.

I've had all the unhelpful comments too.. ultimately I know I'm doing the right thing for me, and if people want to talk about it (because they're intregued, concerned, b1tching, thinking of going on it themselves...).. then let them! :D

You never know, the vague aquaintance on fb might be envious and keen to find out where she can get hold of it herself :)

Good luck love :)

Vxx

I'm calmer about it now. I spoke to my mum after she told my first sister and again specifically said don't tell people, so that's obviously not going to work and she's just going to carry on. I just feel like this is my personal journey, I don't need the world watching me. I did just delete the facebook message. I don't think it helps that I had a whole big thing on their recently where someone within my friendship group from my old uni had fallen out with everyone because of something she did and then for some reason brought me into it setting her status about me calling me a fat, ugly, naive hippo I think it was. I just don't want her seeing that and thinking that it has anything to do with what she said! Oh well, what's done is done, if people know they know. I'll just have to have absolutely amazing losses so that I surprise everyone!

Oh My God! Some people are hideous! Well done for not lowering yourself to her level. She sounds like a vile cow. You know you can change your privacy settings to stop people who aren't your friends seeing your wall don't you? x

Yeah, if you're not on my friends list you can't even see my profile or picture let alone anything else! For some STUPID reason I haven't deleted her. I just kind of wanted to show I could be the bigger person I guess. Might go delete her now! She's a rude, arrogant, inconsiderate... cow.

Just keep doing what's right for YOU hun and sod everyone else!!! ;):D:D xx

Ooh, no. I think you should delete her. And then burn her house down. (Just joking) x

Haha it's tempting!! She was totally in the wrong and then brought me into it by insulting me! Silly silly girl.

She probably has a screw loose. x

hey mate
i totally know where you are coming from - when I did LL - I only mentioned it to a couple of very close friends - and then it was with alot of tears to finally admit I was doing something so radical - I didnt tell my mum/dad - difficult for you I appreciate as you are living there - until I saw her after I had lost 3.5 stone (I live 100 miles away) and even then she didnt comment that i had lost weight until I cooked dinner and it was evident my pkt soup was different to the meal i had cooked for them - my advice is - ignore everyone else - DO IT FOR YOU !!! It's hard I know with those close to you, but just hold your head up, stick with it and just wait for those compliments - they won't be long coming.....

Good Luck matey xx

Bev

oh my gosh, i nearly spat my water all over my lap top. sorry if no one else finds this funny and i know your just joking, but to me it was one of those unexpected funny moments. really made me laugh.

ps back too the point, i know what you mean about wanting to do this diet with out being watched.
i think you have handled the situation well.

Ooh, no. I think you should delete her. And then burn her house down. (Just joking) x

For the benefit of the jury I would like to clearly state that I would never advocate any action risking death or injury to another person.
Maybe just wee through her letterbox. x

So when I started this diet I sat and thought about it all, and about who I wanted to tell. Me and my friend were starting together and I decided I didn't really want to tell anyone else. I wanted to just be able to get on with the diet, no-one telling me it was dangerous or putting in their two pennies worth, just me, Becky and the diet, getting on with it! But I decided to tell my mum because living with her she needed to know as she'd notice me not eating dinner. But I clearly said to her I wasn't going to tell people yet. I wanted to see who noticed without knowing to look, if that makes sense!

So then a couple of days later I get a text from one of my sisters about the diet telling me to be careful. So that means she told her. Then I went to one of my other sisters last weekend for a BBQ (I didn't eat!) and she knew, so obviously my mum told her as well. And then yesterday one of my other sisters (yes, I have a lot!!) was over and was really in my face with food so I thought she didn't know. And then just now on facebook I have some girl I barely know asking me how my diet's going on my wall!! I don't want to announce to the world of facebook I'm on a diet! I do know her through my sister when we were little but haven't spoken to her in a long time. And she tells me that that same sister had told her last night. And then I'm at the hairdressers and my other sister (the BBQ one) just spurts out to the hairdresser who I've never met in my life I'm on a diet.

Am I overreacting? I just wanted to just be able to do this diet without everyone watching me. Without people looking at me and going it's about time. It just makes me feel rubbish about myself. I probably am overreacting. I just clearly said at the beginning that I didn't want my mum to tell people and now it's like the whole world knows and I didn't tell any of them! Other than two of my friends. It just feels like they've all been talking about me and how I need this diet behind my back. I actually feel like crying, which I know is stupid. It's just really annoyed me!

Sorry. Rant over.
I am with you on this completly and have a mum who I know would find it very hard to keep her mouth shut. I would NEVER divulge something someone told me if asked not to and really struggle with trusting others. To me this diet is an very private thing and I have only told my closest friends and my immediate family ( I am married with a daughter at home). You mum had no right to betray your trust and I would deal with it by refusing to discuss this with anyone she has told including your sisters. My repsonse to any questions would be 'if I had wanted you to know I would have told you, I asked mum to keep this to herself and I feel she has betrayed me and I do not wish to discuss this any further' Then just change the subject. This is about you not them.
People may think this sounds extreme however I am a very private person and I think perhaps you are too.

For the benefit of the jury I would like to clearly state that I would never advocate any action risking death or injury to another person.
Maybe just wee through her letterbox. x

Hilarious and easier to do now we are slimmer.

Back