I AM SCARED OF THE UNKNOWN

lollylou1

Hi everyone,
Well like my title says i am frightened of the unknown, i havent been this weight since i was about 14!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I am finding it really difficult to get my head around my figure changing and really cant see it in myself.
Everyone has started commenting on my appearance more and more lately and i find it really hard to accept their compliments.
Is this normal or am i a freak?????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Thanks for reading
Lolly
xxx

It will be hard to learn to accept and love the new you, and I'm sure the comments (welcome and lovely though they are) are just reminding you of how far you have come. I bet you just want to get your head down and carry on with the weight loss without others expectations of you.

But you have lost an amazing amount of weight so far, and I'm sure you are committed and ready to finish this challenge.

All you need to do is spend some time learning to love the new look you, and remember that it's not just the outside which has changed. You have started on a huge challenge to lose weight, something that took a lot of guts and bravery to start, knowing you had a long road ahead. But you started and you ARE SUCCEEDING!. You are not only a thinner person, but a braver stronger person now. One who can face challenges without the fear of failing as you are winning this challenge spectacularly.

Take time to think of how far you have come. Ignore the comments, as although they are lovely it will distract you if your head isn't in the right place.

Don't be scared, be excited and proud, it's a whole new world opening up to you, and YOU are making it happen.

Wow you've done amazingly my dear!!
Chuffed for you!
I hate compliments and always had so know exactly how you feel....:)
xxx

Wow, just looked at your weight loss - brilliant! No wonder everyone's noticing! It'll just take a while longer for you to accept what everyone else's eyes are seeing - a much more slender you!!

You are not a freak lolly. i can quite understand. i dislike the comments from men who judge just on appearance, i am the same person i was when i was 3 stone heavier. it is hard to get your head round. Take time out, spend some time thinking about it and planning how to react. Good luck x

Hi Lolly, I'm in the same boat, was about 10 when I was this weight and like you, still feel fat, I lunge at the size 24's and 26's in the sale and I'm now in a 12!!!! People are saying I'm tiny and I can't believe them. I know my head will eventually catch up but it's really difficult.

I've asked my husband to point out women who I'm roughly the same size as and although I know he is honest I think he's pointing at skinnies to make me happy.

Any hints anyone to help me and lolly sort our 'fat' heads out and make them match our bodies hee hee.

Back