I am seriously annoyed now

I have done it now
and yes I feel a bit disappointed
but it could have been ALOT worse

It COULD! At least you made sensible choices and didnt head for junk food :)

I'm hating myself for it now though :( i need to avoid my scales for a week

if you only had chicken/fish and veg it probably wont do anything to the scales. dont worry just carry on honking

I hope not, must keep going tomorrow I managed 3 weeks I can manage another 3..I need to remember this is just until xmas

Rachael, you can do it, I think the water and the toilet issues are a big thing for us ladies. I hope you stick to it ...wait till next weight in ad your weight loss will be tops. Good luck.

Jools does it have to be all or nothing? Exante and other meal replacements are great if you can keep going on them, but they are not the only option. You can still keep your calories and carbs low without it having to 3 meal replacements a day.

For instance, 3 meal replacements cost you 600 cals and around 57.5 carbs. This is my food for today
B. exante shake - 200 cals 18.5 carbs
L. Ham salad sandwich made with 2 slices from small hovis wholemeal, 5 slices of wafer thin ham, and some bits of salad - 180 cals and 20 carbs
D. 2 high meat low fat sausages, celeriac chips (which are heavenly) and some tinned plum tomato. Sausages were 250 cals and virtually nil carbs, 200 grams Celeriac chips were around 70 cals and about 10 carbs, tomatoes about 2 carbs and 15 cals.

So about 745 cals and 50.5 carbs. More calories than exante alone, but not a lot more and less carbs. Im in ketosis, strips turn practically purple when i test them, and im eating food that fills me up and tastes wonderful. Just to add, i take a vit supplement everyday and a codliver oil capsule which probably contains another 20 calories.

I dont want to give up the exante because i actually really enjoy them, but i cant do it 3 times a day. I know some people can and my hats off to them, but i like food too.

Rachael please don't beat yourself up about the food you've eaten, that will only prove to make yourself feel worse than you should do.

Re the weight gain/plateau - if you're sticking to a vlcd like you have then you have to lose weight, it's an impossibility not to really - any fluctuations/gains aren't fat, they're just your bodies natural working mechanism of water retention etc etc. Have you not found that even though you've stayed the same that you can see a difference in your body shape? That's what I usually find - I either lose weight or inches.

If I were you I'd go and have a soak in the bath, grab a book and an early night and wake up tomorrow feeling positive and proud of yourself and what you've achieved up to now ((hugs))

Danger with doing that though is theres no guarantee youre getting all your body needs. The packs are all designed to ensure youre getting the exact nutrients you need. Id be very wary of having so few calories without a structured plan.

If you think TFR isnt for you Rachael why not do one of the higher plans which incorporates the shakes and food. Slightly higher calorie wise but might be the best solution for you.

oh and one other thing, dont stress about the weight gain. You know its not fat, we know its not fat. Its just one of those things that happen.

The body is a very complex organ, and losing weight is not straight forward. Its not always calories in less calories out equals weight gained or lost. Your body is fighting against the weight you have lost, we all go through this, especially if you have already lost a load of weight as you have. You have no doubt hit a bit of a plateau and its even more important that you stick to your resolve through this. This is the big test for you, you have to get through this, otherwise you will be on the diet yoyo all your life. Believe me, i know.

I took myself out for a night on the tiles, on water of course and danced it off :)

got myself out of the house and burnt some calories in the process

back on tfr tomorrow, I can do it, tonight could have gone horribly wrong but I made a sensible food choice and I overcome it.

Onwards and downwards

had a blimming good night aswell, even got my bum pinched haha and the girls keep groping my new body because they are so shocked bless em

I had one of those rare days when you find something that fits you perfectly in the sale. My denim shorts give me a bum lift, even I have to keep touching it haha

Back