I am sick of being fat, my journey to a slimmer ME

frenchfancy

I have tried and failed miserably a couple of times with Exante, but have reached that low period again in my life where I am really sick of being fat and it is starting to affect my health. I have decided to try again starting this Monday; so just have today and tomorrow then I will hopefully get stuck into it again. I have been having a new kitchen fitted and this has made cooking healthy foods difficult but as of monday I should have a working kitchen and sink (it wont be finished but at least i will be able to mix packs up and wash my stick blender etc and make healthier meals for my hubby.)

I have piled weight on recently and wont be updating my ticker until monday morning when I do my official weigh-in. I really do need to get rid of this extra weight as I am having terrible trouble with one of my knees and my back. I am having repeat xrays on tuesday and then probably steroid injections into my knee for pain relief. I know that carrying this weight is in no way helping my knee. The downside of the pain means I have not been walking the dogs as far and so have been cutting my exercise down too, which doesn't help me trying to burn more calories.

Anyway I am having a day or so of "Last supper syndrome" and eating up rubbish that is hanging around. So wish we well and I hope to be on here sharing my daily experiences to keep me on track.

Hi, and welcome back. This is my third time on Exante and definitely my last so you're in good company :) You sound determined ~ I look forward to following your journey to a lovely slim you! x

dawnybabes said:
Good luck to you, I kept putting it off and off as there was always something on my social calendar and Monday I just woke up and decided thats it ...... So here I am on day 6

Going out to see Monster trucks later DH and DS having McD's en route - I'm taking a bar .....

We r both on same day then lol day 6 almost over im feeling sooo damn cold lol

Good luck! Stay determined and you will do it :) xx

thanks everyone and I need to ignore stuff on my social calendar and not use it as an excuse to either eat or postpone starting. We have family coming out to stay with us at the beginning of june for 3 days and I was wobbling about whether I should eat; but now I am thinking that I won't. I am actually looking forward to monday and will look forward to reading other diaries and progress reports.

Only one more day to go woo hoo as tomorrow is official start day. I am going to eat more sensibly today and sort my packs out ready for this coming week. I am also going to aim to drink 4 litres of water a day. I love my coffee but am going to allow myself a coffee with each pack and no more until I have drunk 4 litres of water; after that I will allow myself additional coffees. I am hoping that this trade off will make me drink more water as in the past I have been rubbish at it.

I have a poorly broody chicken which I have to go and inspect this morning to see if I can determine what's wrong with her; so that should keep me busy for a bit.

I do find that keeping busy stops my hand to mouth addiction so apart from continuing installing the kitchen with my hubby I will be looking for other things to do. I am a crafty person so no doubt will have to get my sewing, knitting, patchwork etc etc back on the go.

Anyway I will be rambling on here several times a day about my progress, life and trials and tribulations of day to day Exante, so I will apologise now as I do tend to rabbit on a bit.

Good morning and well done for deciding to get back on this Exante wagon. Wishing you the best of luck :hug99: xx

thanks guys, so far today have cleaned the chooks out and tended to our sickly bird, not sure whats up with her really. It could be ear mites so I've bathed her ears and put parafin oil in them and she does seem much brighter. I am now taking a well earned coffee break from making up the wall unit carcases. Still very focused for restart tomorrow, just need to find my packs as they are in a box somewhere....BUT I WILL FIND THEM. NO FEAR!!!

dawnybabe I did know that coffee is still counted in the water but when I did Cambridge years ago I drank 4 litres water plus coffees and I lost 5 stones in 4 months; when I did Exante before xmas I wasn't doing anything like 4 litres of plain water but drank tons and tons of coffee but just didn't have the same weight losses. Therefore I am going to do more water and then add extra in as coffee, if that makes sense lol. well it does to me, but then I am a touch crazy.

I have eaten the last food for I don't know how long. I enjoyed my sunday roast but I am now ready and raring to go. I have found my packs, got my stick blender out ready, fizzy water chilling in the fridge and have dusted the scales off ready for my shock in the morning.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a bit hectic, so here's my plan.
I need to be up early, showered, and animals dealt with as we have to be at the vets for 8.30am as our pup Lucy is 6 months old and is going in to be spayed. We have to stay with her for 30 mins while they settle her and give her a pre-med. when she goes into theatre we are going into the city to do some shopping and have to be back at vets for 12.30 to collect our girl. So I will either have half a bar with a coffee before leaving the house or will take my half bar out with me to have in a nice cafe bar in Angouleme. When we get Lucy home we just want her to have a quiet peaceful day without too much stimulation so I think I will probably do some sewing or knitting to keep my overactive hands busy lol and stop them force feeding me food.
Anyway that's as far as I have planned my day

Good, sounds like you have a coping strategy, beats mine, I just opened the fridge door every 2 mins...just for a look!!

Good luck tomorrow, onwards and downwards!!

...... And I'm OFF!!!!! Will update my stats later when I have more time, but weigh-in wasn't quite as bad as I had expected. I've had half a choc orange bar, half litre of water and a coffee and I am so happy to be doing this today. Just getting my baby girl ready for the vets now then off out for the morning.

Back